News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Hook up POTS to Obi2182 via Obi212?

Started by FlintstoneGummy, March 30, 2021, 08:54:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

myobinameisinuse9987

Quote from: drgeoff on April 26, 2021, 12:46:01 PM
Does dialling

**9123456789*cell number

on the 2182 ring the cellphone or the 212 phone?

Neither. It doesn't carry the numbers through to dial on the 212 outside line

And I'm not sure about that workaround. It doesn't seem consistent. Might be dialing too soon after reboots.

Okay, not sure why it was going to phone before, unless as I mentioned I was testing too quickly after a reboot, routes not fully functional yet and just dumped the incoming to ph.

If I dial

**123456789    by itself, add my cell after, or add * plus my cell number, they all go to 212 Line dialtone

(I removed my previous post about a possible workaround)

I can live with getting a dialtone when calling from 2182 to 212. 2-stage dialing can hide in the speed dials. But how would I then call that handset on the 212 as makeshift intercom between units?

Is this where we need to send the 8* from 2182 and have the 212 match it before sending to line? We haven't been able to make that work yet

drgeoff

Try setting 212's Obitalk service Inbound Direct Dialing Authentication to None and repeat the **9123456789*cell number test.

myobinameisinuse9987

Quote from: drgeoff on April 26, 2021, 01:13:56 PM
Try setting 212's Obitalk service Inbound Direct Dialing Authentication to None and repeat the **9123456789*cell number test.

I cannot find that option on the 212

myobinameisinuse9987

I did find this setting on the 2182

Voice Services / OBiTALK Service / DigitMap :
(<ob>xxxxxxxxx|obxxxxxxxxx)
DigitMap :

Is this what is truncating and blocking our attempts to send numbers to dialout over the 212 from the 2182?

Right above that option at
Voice Services / OBiTALK Service / DisplayName :

Myname 2182   

Custom friendly name of device I couldn't locate earlier.

myobinameisinuse9987

Progress:

I configured the 2182 to add a Speed dial to **9123456789    where 123456789 is the obi number for the 212.

Hitting that button on the 2182 jumps to a dial tone on that outside line on the 212, which I can then dial my cell phone or other number and it connects.

I can dial with or without a leading 1 on the number. It is a GV line (FXS out from Obi202 for testing), so it doesn't care if you enter one or not.

A limitation is I can no longer contact the analog phone on the 212 using the 2182. Everything that comes in from the 2182 is dumped directly to the line of the 212, which is all ignored anyways (WHY???)

We cannot get the OutboundCallRoute of the 2182 to match up with the InboundCallRoute and associated DigitMap(s) or we could just use something like 8* to get the outside line on the 212.

This is a problem. I'm looking for suggestions. Not sure where to go from here?

drgeoff

Quote from: myobinameisinuse9987 on April 26, 2021, 01:59:01 PM
I did find this setting on the 2182

Voice Services / OBiTALK Service / DigitMap :
DigitMap :

Is this what is truncating and blocking our attempts to send numbers to dialout over the 212 from the 2182?

Right above that option at
Voice Services / OBiTALK Service / DisplayName :

Myname 2182   

Custom friendly name of device I couldn't locate earlier.

A Voice Service DigitMap is only applied if explicitly invoked.  In this case it is not.

Yes the Inbound Direct Dialing Authentication as described on page 122 seems to be present only on the 100/110 devices though there is nothing in the Admin Guide saying that.

myobinameisinuse9987

Quote from: drgeoff on April 26, 2021, 03:39:03 PM

A Voice Service DigitMap is only applied if explicitly invoked.  In this case it is not.

Yes the Inbound Direct Dialing Authentication as described on page 122 seems to be present only on the 100/110 devices though there is nothing in the Admin Guide saying that.

Okay, so we don't have to worry about that DigitMap.

No authentication setting in the 212. Got it. Lacking access to reasonable documentation on the 212, we have to use the other docs for 110 and such. Sometimes it catches us with "undocumented changes"

Does it make a difference if the 2182 and 212 are registered with ObiTalk dot com under different accounts?

Any way to capture the raw characters being passed between devices using the devices? I don't have a sniffer setup here.

This really shouldn't be Rocket Science, but it sure feels like we can't get the rocket off the launch pad here. LOL.

I appreciate the help. I still plan to make up that config guide- once we get it to work.

drgeoff

No the accounts they are registered to do not matter.  In fact I think it should work even without either or both OBis being added to accounts.

What are you currently using for the 212's Obitalk service InboundCallRoute?  My second post in this thread (first page in reply to someone else before the thread was hijacked) contains

For outgoing POTS you need to configure both 212 and 2182.
Voice Services, OBiTalk Service, InboundCallRoute: {123456789>(xx.):li}
where 123456789 is the 9 digit OBi number of the 2182

myobinameisinuse9987

Quote from: drgeoff on April 26, 2021, 03:57:07 PM
No the accounts they are registered to do not matter.  In fact I think it should work even without either or both OBis being added to accounts.

What are you currently using for the 212's Obitalk service InboundCallRoute?  My second post in this thread (first page in reply to someone else before the thread was hijacked) contains

For outgoing POTS you need to configure both 212 and 2182.
Voice Services, OBiTalk Service, InboundCallRoute: {123456789>(xx.):li}
where 123456789 is the 9 digit OBi number of the 2182

Thanks for that info.

I started with your InboundCallRoute suggestion. We've gone around the world to get this far and now I am still in your Test Config :

{218211111>:li},{ph}   where 218211111 is the 2182 (think this nomenclature will be clearer)

I can try your original if you want? I didn't want to go off in too many directions while we are actively troubleshooting.

I just changed to this :

{218211111>(xx.):li},{ph}  

Continue with testing by manually dialing **9212111111*aaabbbcccc   ?

Result: Dialed handset on 212

More info:
As soon as we add   (xx.)   into the InboundCallRoute, the 212 doesn't match the incoming call and dumps it to ph

myobinameisinuse9987

Give me a bit and I'll setup a fresh 212 and a fresh 1062 and not put them into obitalk dot com, just access directly.

We'll figure it out and strip them down to ONLY doing PSTN gateway and forwarding, then move the lessons over to this system.

There is no way this equipment can be this hard to work with. Starting from scratch seems the wise approach.

I'll be back shortly. Any tips or ideas, let me know.

If there is something else you've always wanted to try out with this setup? After we get this part figured out, let me know.

drgeoff

It will be a few days before I can set a test system up myself.  If you want to try the Voice Gateway method it is the last page of https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBi-DigitMapCallRoute-Tutorial-v1-1.pdf.

I've had the Voice Gateway method working for several years between an OBi100 9 time zones away and an OBi110.  Strange that the Voice Gateway config pages on an OBi200, 202 and 1032 have the outgoing AuthUserID and AuthPassword fields but those same devices don't have the corresponding "incoming" fields on the Obitalk service pages.

myobinameisinuse9987

Here it is: http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=18189.0

Posted from my other ObiTalk account

Let me know if this works for you, too

PS- That link: https://www.obitalk.com/info/documents/admin_guide/OBi-DigitMapCallRoute-Tutorial-v1-1.pdf  was just the ticket! I adapted a more detailed guide from that tutorial. Thanks!!!

Thanks to all for all the help!