News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

403 forbidden and declined errors

Started by Gadz, April 30, 2021, 11:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gadz

I have looked on this forum in every category doing everything that has been suggested and it will not fix. it works on every device i have GV linked to (PC and cell), lastest firmware, removed and added, etc.. before i try my final "durability" test with this phone.. does anyone else have a solution? its an OBi2182. This really shouldnt take 3+ hours and a refill of blood pressure medication to set up

drgeoff

It isn't clear to me what problem you have. What exactly are you trying to do that gives those errors?

Gadz

im trying to connect this OBi2182 to Google Voice.. it is giving me nothing but grief with this 403 forbidden/declined error.. status is green.. everything else works fine (status wise) it just will not do the one thing i need and that is connect to google voice.. i can use GV through my pc, and my cell.. but not this phone. and it is the only reason why i got it

drgeoff

Quote from: Gadz on May 01, 2021, 01:07:40 AM
im trying to connect this OBi2182 to Google Voice.. it is giving me nothing but grief with this 403 forbidden/declined error.. status is green.. everything else works fine (status wise) it just will not do the one thing i need and that is connect to google voice.. i can use GV through my pc, and my cell.. but not this phone. and it is the only reason why i got it
Please explain what steps you are taking to configure your 2182 for GV and what happens at each of those steps.

Gadz

i plug in the phone, it has connection to the internet. i do the activation code like the book says. i can contact the echo server server. then i go to the website and sign in using my google sign in.. like the book says.. i click "Yes" to add the phone to the dashboard and add the phone to my account. i follow the prompts on the dashboard to add GV.. it brings up the ToS (well kind of.. it says support.google.com wont connect) but it has a "yes" on top.. and has me sign in to google.. I do that and it comes up with the small window of it trying to connect but always results in:

Connect Failed: 403 Forbidden (server=216.239.36.145

OR

Connect Failed: 403 Declined (server=216.239.36.145

again.. it works on my cell and works on my PC. on this forum i see quite a few people that had the same issue yet no one with a solid response on how to fix it. the theories that are mentioned sometimes work or sometimes dont within those threads but nothing has worked for me. is this phone just not compatible with GV?

drgeoff

The 2182 does work with GV.

See the final bullet point in the post by SteveInWA at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=13868.msg89076#msg89076.

Gadz

they do match.. i have a number. again it works on my pc and my cell.. using the same account and same number and it gives me those 403 errors

Gadz

just to add.. i have also done everything in that link above numerous times.. and just for "fun" did it again after you posted it.. and still getting the same error

drgeoff

Only other idea I have at the moment is to try using a different web browser.

Gadz

honestly.. i didnt even think to try that. So thank you for suggesting it.. however i did try it just now to get the very same result.. it doesnt even mention OBi in my google voice as any type of device

SteveInWA

What kind of Google account is this; a consumer you@gmail.com account, or business you@yourcompany.com Google Workspace (formerly G Suite) domain?

Gadz

drgeoff

Quote from: Gadz on May 02, 2021, 07:31:17 AM
it is a google workspace account
That is not (and never has been) supported on the OBi2182. (Nor on the OB1000 series phones nor the OBi Analogue Telephone Adaptors.)

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=17359.msg104959#msg104959

Gadz

ahh ok.. well that makes sense on why it doesnt work. I should have done more research before buying the phone i guess.

thank you for all of your help

edit: so why is it.. that desk phones only work for google workspace account.. but the 2182 (a deskphone) doesnt support the workspace account.. that seems like it renders the phone useless... not to sound like jerk or anything.. but that is what it seems like to me.. im new to both the OBi and google voice.. and just wasted $50 bucks on a pretty paper weight.

SteveInWA

There are dozens of other VoIP service providers that you can use with any current OBiTALK or Poly ATA or IP phone.  It's not a paperweight.  In fact, you should pat yourself on the back for getting a top-of-the-line, ~$200 phone for fifty bucks.

Google Voice is a special case.  Consumer Google Voice and Workspace Google Voice use entirely different provisioning and authentication systems.  There are no new products being manufactured that support consumer GV.  The last such product was the 2182.  The first, and only, so far, products to support Workspace Google Voice are the Poly VVX x50 series.

Gadz

the phone looks great but my work only uses google voice. every review and feature mention how well it works with GV.. but it doesnt.. i dont need another VoIP .. i wouldnt even want google voice if my wife didnt require it. i was attempting to save some usage on my personal cell is all.. if it doesnt support GV then it shouldnt say it does.. or the reviews shouldnt say how easy it is to hook up with GV.. again i have nothing against the phone itself.. just frustrating that a new top of the line phone doesnt work with GV yet says everywhere that it does.

drgeoff

It works with what was the only version of Google Voice at the time.  And that version is what 99% of people who have heard of Google Voice think it is.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Gadz on May 03, 2021, 05:38:48 PM
the phone looks great but my work only uses google voice. every review and feature mention how well it works with GV.. but it doesnt.. i dont need another VoIP .. i wouldnt even want google voice if my wife didnt require it. i was attempting to save some usage on my personal cell is all.. if it doesnt support GV then it shouldnt say it does.. or the reviews shouldnt say how easy it is to hook up with GV.. again i have nothing against the phone itself.. just frustrating that a new top of the line phone doesnt work with GV yet says everywhere that it does.

Workspace Google Voice desk phone use is fully documented, including a list of phones to use, here: 

https://support.google.com/a/answer/9250113?hl=en

Gadz

I will give that a try.. i appreciate the help

Rocket

Hi there.
I have a similar issue.
I have one obi 200, one 202, and two 1022 devices.  I have a consumer google voice and workspace (from back in days when were G suite) account too and all it started about 2-3 weeks ago and is very annoying. It makes all this service useless, no offense but it does. Is connecting it works for a while and then I get a notification that the service is offline. It does this several times during the day. It seems that other accounts like call-centric and in my case a provider from eastern Europe Zadarma works OK, but Google voice accounts are not.
Is getting frustrating.

https://blog.r-tel.net/2021/05/obi-devices-having-authentication-errors.html