News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

token error

Started by chiptape, June 09, 2021, 12:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MSRobi

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 11, 2021, 09:11:19 PM
All you need to know is that a) I discussed it with my Google contacts on the Google Voice team, and b) they know what's wrong and c) they're actively working the problem with Poly.

I rebooted the Obi a few hours ago when I was having the same issue as everybody else and it didn't work, so I saw this thread which was very helpful.

I can report that my Obi + GV is now working again, and I hope it isn't temporary, and I also hope it is fixed for everybody.

Voice.google.com did work for me throughout the outage.

Justanod

Just wondering, did the "token error" just disappear or did you have to re-connect the device to google voice?

I've still got the token error on two different devices on two different google voice accounts.

And as you said google voice is working through chrome but not with Obi202.

Marc

Quote from: MSRobi on June 12, 2021, 07:27:13 AM
All you need to know is that a) I discussed it with my Google contacts on the Google Voice team, and b) they know what's wrong and c) they're actively working the problem with Poly.

I rebooted the Obi a few hours ago when I was having the same issue as everybody else and it didn't work, so I saw this thread which was very helpful.

I can report that my Obi + GV is now working again, and I hope it isn't temporary, and I also hope it is fixed for everybody.

Voice.google.com did work for me throughout the outage.

Consider yourself lucky.  Still seeing token error on all of my devices and gv SPs.
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

awriter

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 11, 2021, 03:20:57 PM

I no longer have contacts at Poly.  My contacts left the company.  However, as you know, I have contacts at Google, and I am going to escalate this problem.
[/quote]

Thank you! Please keep us in the loop....

DanGV

Thank you for the update and assist in escalating the issue.

derrickearly

Using the google voice web page, I forwarded my calls to my cell phone until google and poly fix this.

MSRobi

Quote from: Justanod on June 12, 2021, 07:41:51 AM
Just wondering, did the "token error" just disappear or did you have to re-connect the device to google voice?

I've still got the token error on two different devices on two different google voice accounts.

And as you said google voice is working through chrome but not with Obi202.

I never did look at my dashboard, so I didn't see token error.  I did get "No response from the service provider" when making outgoing calls, and then I noticed on the Obi202 the usually green lights where I connect the phones were off.  A reboot did not help, as I said.

Then about an hour ago I noticed that the green lights to the phones came back on, and all is well since then.  I didn't do anything except reboot the device several hours ago, and I don't think that made any difference.  The problem is/was on the back end, and probably something simple like an expired certificate.

gsu13

Just want to thank SteveinWA for escalating this  and getting it worked on by both GV and Poly - thanks!

coles33

Well I decided to take Steveinwa's advice and set up callcentric account which will cost me about $30 a year. I now have 911 service and google voice backup which is strange as I am still using google voice number. With that said landline is up and running.

here is steveinwa link with instructions to set up callcentric using obitalk
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=17024.msg103812#msg103812

Mddd

Mine still not working. Rebooted, resigned in with GV log in,  lights on, says registration not required.
Can not make calls.
When callingoutbound still says "the number has not gotten reaponse from the service provider"

Dmitry

Still not working for me "Registration not required" instead of "Connected"

JP1975

All fixed for me, just started to work was down 4 days.

Thanks to who ever got this fixed!

Mddd

I also successfully set a callcentric account with North Am plan plus a phone number plans..... backup for inbound. So at least one of my GV numbers rings cell phone and my Phones thru OBI.

Thanks for that tip, coming in handy right now until this is fixed.

TomForum

I don't want to create a new thread, as I assume with the Google Voice issues and the same timing of my issue (~11 June thru today), this is all related... but... my symptoms:

• No Google Voice integration with ObiTalk and my Obi1022.
  • Status however says "Connecting to 0.0.0.0"  I've never seen anything about tokens or registrations.
  • Behavior is: "Call Error" message when hitting the line button on the phone, amber light, if dialing from the recent numbers I get a "cannot be completed" tone, inbound Google Voice doesn't ring the ObiHai (but does work on my other linked phones).  Rebooting has no effect, other than to sometimes turn the light green until trying and failing to make a call, at which point the light goes amber again.  
  • Interestingly: late afternoon ET 11 June, the service came up (after a reboot), I used it for a couple hours, then it went down again.

I assume this is all related to the same issues being worked w/ Google & Obi?

Thanks @SteveInWA for following-up on this.

MSRobi

My device stopped working again.  I see "Registration Not Required" as the status on my Obi dashboard.  The green lights on my Obi202 for phone lines are off again.  I do get a dialtone, but after placing the call I get "No response from the service provider".

SteveInWA

I reported this to Google Voice engineering staff yesterday afternoon.  They have identified the problem and they are working with Poly to resolve it.

To be clear: no action on your part is necessary nor will fix it at this time.  This outage is a good reminder that nobody should depend on Google Voice as their sole source of telephone service, and you can configure your OBiTALK device to use one or more other service providers, such as Callcentric or voip.ms.

I'm sorry, but I don't have any status update to report, since my Google contacts are off for the weekend.  Nonetheless, it's safe to assume that they are working on it, and I will pass along any news I can get.

SteveInWA

Quote from: TomForum on June 12, 2021, 09:59:41 AM
I don't want to create a new thread, as I assume with the Google Voice issues and the same timing of my issue (~11 June thru today), this is all related... but... my symptoms:

• No Google Voice integration with ObiTalk and my Obi1022.
  • Status however says "Connecting to 0.0.0.0"  I've never seen anything about tokens or registrations.
  • Behavior is: "Call Error" message when hitting the line button on the phone, amber light, if dialing from the recent numbers I get a "cannot be completed" tone, inbound Google Voice doesn't ring the ObiHai (but does work on my other linked phones).  Rebooting has no effect, other than to sometimes turn the light green until trying and failing to make a call, at which point the light goes amber again.  
  • Interestingly: late afternoon ET 11 June, the service came up (after a reboot), I used it for a couple hours, then it went down again.

I assume this is all related to the same issues being worked w/ Google & Obi?

Thanks @SteveInWA for following-up on this.

Yah, that sounds like a symptom of the same problem.

Moonwalker

For the moment I've reassigned my cell as forwarding # in GV and turned on ringing in my tablet. I'm a boomer so not my favorite option but it works and can still take calls. Hope they resolve this soon. 😎

FixItDad

I have an OBI200 and OBI202. Neither work now.

I also have Google Fiber Internet and I have Centurylink DSL internet.

Last night I could get the OBI202 to work on Centurylink DSL internet but not on Google Fiber.
Both units say "Registration Not Required" and then turn to token error when connected to Google Fiber Internet.

Is Google blocking Poly units which are connected to Google Fiber?

They won't even show as registered in Google Voice now when I tried to re-do ObiTalk registration to Google Voice (yes, I removed the devices on Google Voice before I re-registered).

Moonwalker

Quote from: FixItDad on June 12, 2021, 12:18:12 PM
I have an OBI200 and OBI202. Neither work now.

I also have Google Fiber Internet and I have Centurylink DSL internet.

Last night I could get the OBI202 to work on Centurylink DSL internet but not on Google Fiber.
Both units say "Registration Not Required" and then turn to token error when connected to Google Fiber Internet.

Is Google blocking Poly units which are connected to Google Fiber?

They won't even show as registered in Google Voice now when I tried to re-do ObiTalk registration to Google Voice (yes, I removed the devices on Google Voice before I re-registered).

Please read the entire thread. There's nothing we can do. Google and Polycom are working on it.

https://support.google.com/voice/thread/112962833/obi202-will-not-connect-to-gv?authuser=3&msgid=113251887