News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

token error

Started by chiptape, June 09, 2021, 12:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

Quote from: Dmitry on June 12, 2021, 05:22:44 PM

My comment:

You do not need to change Default Gateway
Just set
DNSServer1 to 1.1.1.1
DNSServer2 to 8.8.8.8

Wait few minutes and it will work.

This worked...  There must be something that needs to propagate from the google dns before it will work more widely.
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

BeeJay

Can someone explain what changing the DNS settings as recommended actually does to enable this "fix?" It seems to be working so far for me.

Taoman

Quote from: Marc on June 12, 2021, 05:52:19 PM

This worked...  There must be something that needs to propagate from the google dns before it will work more widely.

That's what I was thinking but 1.1.1.1 is not a Google DNS server. So unless the secondary Google DNS server is doing the magic I don't get it.

MSRobi

It probably doesn't have to be a google DNS server.  I did "ping 1.1.1.1" and got a response, so it is a valid IP address.  I already knew about 8.8.8.8 being a google DNS server.  So is 8.8.4.4.  My hunch is if you changed 1.1.1.1 to 8.8.4.4 it would also work.

Edit: 1.1.1.1 is a DNS server by Cloudflare

Sonic

Quote from: Moonwalker on June 12, 2021, 03:48:27 PM
Quote from: MSRobi on June 12, 2021, 03:45:48 PM

I've been up and down all day, and the easiest way for me to tell is the green lights on my Obi202 where the phone lines are plugged in.  If they are green, I'm working.  If not, I'm not working and get "registration not required" or "token error" on my dashboard.

Just a clarification - or at least a difference experience for me... 
*All lights on my Obi200 are green - Obitalk web dashboard says 'registration not required'
*Pick up phone and get a dial tone - dial any number and get a recording saying no response rec'd from service provider
*Then phone LED on Obi200 isn't lit at all, and Obitalk web dashboard says 'connecting to xxxIPxxx; token error'

Can receive GV calls on web and mobile phone, but not on phone connected to Obi200 - cannot make outgoing calls on GV web, but can on GV mobile app.

igor@chysiuk.com

I don't think switching obi to cloudflare/google dns is going to help and/or it's a good idea. Judging by the error I've got, this is an issue between Obi and Google Voice API. Switching DNS and other tricks may beg us through authorization, but we'll ever know which other API limit may be reached.
I would wait and look for alternative to google voice in a meantime :)

MSRobi

I'm still up and running this morning.  I'm not quite ready to declare victory though.

awriter

Quote from: MSRobi on June 13, 2021, 04:08:04 AM
I'm still up and running this morning.  I'm not quite ready to declare victory though.

Most of us still have no service as of 6/13 a.m. Please, folks - when reporting "success" here - also include your model. 200 or 202? There does appear to be a difference.

JP1975

I am very surprised more people are not seeing this problem resolved.

My service was interrupted 3-5 days ago, like everyone else the token error connecting to Google Cloud was showing in  the dashboard.
I tried removing the device, hard reset/soft reset 3-4 times wasting a couple of hours to no prevail.

I left the unit plugged in and active.

Yesterday in the morning a call came in and it was working. I made 2-3 calls no issue all back to normal.

Other users got the service back around the same time as shown in a few posts.

The question then is why did this start working for some and not others???

With Google it is always a secret, possible they made a change that worked for some users, maybe related to the ISP used??

Anyway still working this am, problem gone.
Thank to whoever did whatever.

Obi 200/Spectrum

larrypac

OBI200. Same situation  as everyone else.  Multiple resets etc and still no service as of 9 AM EST.  By the way the phone light is not on.  Should it be?  It comes on during the reset process but then goes off so it is not the LED bulb.

KyleN

I continue to see this issue on my 200 box—get several emails each day with it losing connection/reconnecting.

Marc

Quote from: awriter on June 13, 2021, 05:15:50 AM
Quote from: MSRobi on June 13, 2021, 04:08:04 AM
I'm still up and running this morning.  I'm not quite ready to declare victory though.

Most of us still have no service as of 6/13 a.m. Please, folks - when reporting "success" here - also include your model. 200 or 202? There does appear to be a difference.

Despite my relatively good understanding of DNS, I'm not going to pretend to understand way 1.1.1.1/8.8.8.8 is a solution, albeit temporary, to the issue we've all been experiencing.  But it 'appears' to be a viable workaround.

These are the devices on which I've made the DNS change and all are now connected to GV accounts, multiple on most of these, and I can make and received calls.  And no, I'm not declaring victory nor saying the issue has been resolved!  I'm simply saying that what @SamirLatif discovered, is a viable work around.

OBi200 x 2
Polycom 200 x 1
OBi202 x 1
OBi1032 x 2
OBi1062 x 1
OBi2182 x 3

If you've made changes to the DNS and have not had positive results, check to make sure that you don't have DNS (53) blocked on your network from all but your normal chosen provider.  I normally have it locked down and had to disable the firewall rule on my phone VLAN in order to see this change work.

Please remember, this is the last update we've received on this issue:
http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=18329.msg108740#msg108740

OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

Hermans

Looks like you found the smoking gun...

Quote from: igor@chysiuk.com on June 12, 2021, 10:17:47 PM
I don't think switching obi to cloudflare/google dns is going to help and/or it's a good idea. Judging by the error I've got, this is an issue between Obi and Google Voice API. Switching DNS and other tricks may beg us through authorization, but we'll ever know which other API limit may be reached.
I would wait and look for alternative to google voice in a meantime :)

Hermans

Thank you for this. Your post should be pinned at the top of every post with this issue.
Dumb question: Can I have the same number on GV and also voip.ms so that if one goes down, the other will automatically take over? Or will I need 2 separate numbers?

Quote from: SteveInWA on June 12, 2021, 11:13:37 AM
I reported this to Google Voice engineering staff yesterday afternoon.  They have identified the problem and they are working with Poly to resolve it.

To be clear: no action on your part is necessary nor will fix it at this time.  This outage is a good reminder that nobody should depend on Google Voice as their sole source of telephone service, and you can configure your OBiTALK device to use one or more other service providers, such as Callcentric or voip.ms.

I'm sorry, but I don't have any status update to report, since my Google contacts are off for the weekend.  Nonetheless, it's safe to assume that they are working on it, and I will pass along any news I can get.

Trib

My OBi200 is working right now. Looks like everything is back to normal. Looks like they fixed it. I can receive and call now. The status for my two Google Voice lines are saying "Connected" like normal.

I did have to power off and on the Obi200. Deleted the device from the Google Voice account in the setting and in my OBi account tab then re-added the device in my OBi account like almost an hour ago.

UPDATE: Now it's back to "Registration Not Required". 

vincentnyc

i'm in nyc using obitalk and for the past 2 days had the same issue as you guy.  log into obitalk and got the token error.  today is 6/13/21 and as of 10:46 am est, it is still saying token error. 

am i supposed to do something or it will eventually start working again?  someone please help.

derrickearly

What is the numeric ip address for obihai.sip.google.com please?  I tried changing the dns to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8; however, I still cannot ping obihai.sip.google.com.

SoNic67

I did replace the Default DNS providers with the 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare) and 8.8.8.8 (Google) and the OBi202 is still not working.
Deleted the device from Google account and it won't show up anymore when setting it up from OBiTalk webpage.
obihai.sip.google.com doesn't resolve to anything

Dooradesha

Thanks so much for the workaround provided by SamirLatif. My connection is now working (OBi200)