News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

token error

Started by chiptape, June 09, 2021, 12:50:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jccpa

Quote from: derrickearly on June 13, 2021, 07:53:42 AM
What is the numeric ip address for obihai.sip.google.com please?  I tried changing the dns to 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8; however, I still cannot ping obihai.sip.google.com.

NSLOOKUP cannot find obihai.sip.google.com or sip.google.com using 8.8.8.8 or 8.8.4.4 or 1.1.1.1 or ns1.google.com

*** dns.google can't find sip.google.com: Non-existent domain

So either Google shut down SIP of google voice, or the A Record was removed on purpose or by attack.

I also noticed Comcast is using only IPv6 for DNS inquiries. It's possible efforts to harden against ransomware or other attacks have google scrambling to secure its subdomains and connections?

In any case, until the A record for sip.google.com is restored, no obihai.sip.google.com, no GV connection.

drgeoff

Read http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=18329.msg108740#msg108740 and take note of the words:

"no action on your part is necessary nor will fix it at this time."

SoNic67

Quote from: jccpa on June 13, 2021, 08:08:17 AM
In any case, until the A record for sip.google.com is restored, no obihai.sip.google.com, no GV connection.
I guess GV application and browser interface don't use the sip.google.com? Because those work.

DoctorWizard

Just chiming in that as of 11:00 AM EDT in Florida, I still cannot get mine, my sisters, or either of my two friends OBi202's to connect.  Many other people have said they got it working by manually setting DNS but that has not worked for me, nor has many hours of tinkering including resetting everything and starting over from scratch.  I have a spare OBi202 and can't get it working either.
My DNS entries were already set to 1.1.1.1 (CloudFlare) and 8.8.8.8 (Google) but I went ahead and reversed the order and put the Google DNS first.  Static IP, Gateway, Mask are all correctly set as well.
I did notice a couple of things no-one else has mentioned though.  First, when you try to reconnect the OBi to Google, the Terms-of-Service you are supposed to agree to comes up blank.  The 'Accept' button is there though, and apparently works for you to accept the invisible terms.
Second, I tried deleting/resetting everything as mentioned, including deleting the OBi device from my list of GV devices.  After going thru the whole setup process over again from scratch, it has NOT re-added my OBi device to my GV device list, and I see no way to add it from the GV settings page.
And for what its worth, my ISP is AT&T fiber (but not using their DNS).  I guess none of this is relevant though if the obihai.sip.google.com address won't resolve.  Mostly I think I just wanted to vent 🤬 that it still is not working here.  The other people I mentioned bought OBi devices upon my recommendation so this is making me look bad!

jccpa

If ANYONE who is still working could please get the IP Address of obihai.sip.google.com for us? Here's how.

Windows key + R
cmd (enter)
ping obihai.sip.google.com

Post up the IP address in brackets right after google.com

It is *possible that the server is still up and working, but the DNS entry and resolution are fubar

GoogleObiONe

ping: cannot resolve obihai.sip.google.com: Unknown host

GeeObi

The fix is as follows:
Use Obi expert and under Service Providers, ITSP, General:
STUNEnable  checked  (you must uncheck the box to the right first)
STUNserver  stun.l.google.com
X_STUNServerPort  19302

jccpa

For the curious:

If you go to your voice.google.com account, under Legacy Google Voice, Phones, select your OBi device or phone.

Under 'Number' you will see a long code of letters and numbers, followed by '===@obihai.sip.google.com'

This means GV MUST connect to obihai.sip.google.com

That name does not resolve under DNS and cannot be contacted, at least not by name.

Although a few systems may still have had that name's IP address cached, those will be expiring as time goes on.

**If someone whose system still is cached and can give the IP address by pinging it, we might be able to add the domain to a hosts file or RIP table until the DNS is fixed. At this point I cannot yet confirm the server is still operational until someone provides the IP address.

These are troubleshooting techniques and temporary tests/workarounds. Nothing for a typical user to configure or do. Our collective hope is by providing info about the failure and the precise problem, that the right folks will get the info and perhaps speed up their corrective actions.

jccpa

Quote from: GeeObi on June 13, 2021, 09:10:29 AM
The fix is as follows:
X_STUNServerPort  19302

Can you ping that URL and give us the IP Address, it doesn't resolve via DNS, either

gsu13

I've used GV and Obihai for 10 years (bought an early Obi100) and it has been very reliable up until this outage.  In the first couple years, it had more issues, but that could have been due to slower internet speeds when 5 or 10 or 15 MBPS up/down were considered fast.  I'm still hopeful this will all get resolved soon and let your family and friends know it has been great overall.  Right now, I just make calls through my PC and browser or iPad and GV app.

FYI - my fathers Obi200 in CA is showing connected, but my mother-in-laws Obi200 in MD is showing "Connecting to 216.239.36.145;Token Error" even though configurations are very similar (dns 1.1.1.1. and 8.8.8.8.).  My two Obi202s are also having the same token error

Quote from: DoctorWizard on June 13, 2021, 08:46:32 AM
Just chiming in that as of 11:00 AM EDT in Florida, I still cannot get mine, my sisters, or either of my two friends OBi202's to connect.  Many other people have said they got it working by manually setting DNS but that has not worked for me, nor has many hours of tinkering including resetting everything and starting over from scratch.  I have a spare OBi202 and can't get it working either.
My DNS entries were already set to 1.1.1.1 (CloudFlare) and 8.8.8.8 (Google) but I went ahead and reversed the order and put the Google DNS first.  Static IP, Gateway, Mask are all correctly set as well.
I did notice a couple of things no-one else has mentioned though.  First, when you try to reconnect the OBi to Google, the Terms-of-Service you are supposed to agree to comes up blank.  The 'Accept' button is there though, and apparently works for you to accept the invisible terms.
Second, I tried deleting/resetting everything as mentioned, including deleting the OBi device from my list of GV devices.  After going thru the whole setup process over again from scratch, it has NOT re-added my OBi device to my GV device list, and I see no way to add it from the GV settings page.
And for what its worth, my ISP is AT&T fiber (but not using their DNS).  I guess none of this is relevant though if the obihai.sip.google.com address won't resolve.  Mostly I think I just wanted to vent 🤬 that it still is not working here.  The other people I mentioned bought OBi devices upon my recommendation so this is making me look bad!

telly0

Quote from: jccpa on June 13, 2021, 08:54:53 AM
If ANYONE who is still working could please get the IP Address of obihai.sip.google.com for us? Here's how.

Windows key + R
cmd (enter)
ping obihai.sip.google.com

Post up the IP address in brackets right after google.com

It is *possible that the server is still up and working, but the DNS entry and resolution are fubar

Interesting.

>ping obihai.sip.google.com
Ping request could not find host obihai.sip.google.com. Please check the name and try again.

I tried various web based DNS lookups and saw the same. Google's lookup return results. I changed my primary DNS server to Google's 8.8.8.8, rebooted and now have phone service again.

https://dns.google.com/query?name=obihai.sip.google.com

GeeObi

That's a temporary fix.
Do as I posted above for a permanent fix.

ShaleObi

to GeeObi :
Quote from: GeeObi on June 13, 2021, 09:35:38 AM
That's a temporary fix.
Do as I posted above for a permanent fix.
I got to expert set up but could not find the ones you refered to ! Can you give more details . Thks

Mickey613

Quote from: GeeObi on June 13, 2021, 09:10:29 AM
The fix is as follows:
X_STUNServerPort  19302

Under Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A General, I found the STUNserver and X_STUNServerPort settings already as suggested. All I needed to change was the checkbox for STUNEnable.

But sadly, this change accomplished nothing.

GeeObi

I used the local GUI on mine but if you normally make changes to your device through the Obitalk portal then you'll have to do it there otherwise the portal will overwrite your changes and will be back to the way it was.

ppan

Quote from: GeeObi on June 13, 2021, 10:28:22 AM
I used the local GUI on mine but if you normally make changes to your device through the Obitalk portal then you'll have to do it there otherwise the portal will overwrite your changes and will be back to the way it was.
I used the Obitalk portal, and as for @Mickey613, it didn't work (I also only needed to check STUNEnable on ITSP Profile A General).
I went back and unchecked it. It now has a red exclamation next to the unchecked box....

GeeObi

It should look like this:

Jasmine10

Obi2xx device contacts Google OAuth server to refresh token.
Google OAuth server address is www.googelapis.com
If changing DNS works, it may be related to the fact that different DNS servers may return different IPs for this server.
Can anyone post the dns resolution output:

In Mac computer:

# Get answer from your ISP DNS server
dig www.googelapis.com

# Get answer from specific DNS server
dig @1.1.1.1 www.googleapis.com

Please also include your city/state.

ppan

Quote from: GeeObi on June 13, 2021, 11:01:31 AM
It should look like this:

It looks like that (but slightly different layout for me). I unchecked STUNEnable since it didn't help. See image here:
https://i.gyazo.com/ac54496c7b678553a3cbbb70beb65aa0.png