News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[RESOLVED]OBI202 no ring tone on outgoing calls?

Started by Moonwalker, September 02, 2021, 07:36:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moonwalker

Here's a new one for me. Making calls I am no longer hearing a ring tone on my end yet the phone I am calling is ringing. Thought the service was out at first. I can make and receive calls fine. I just have to wait listening to silence until hopefully somebody picks up. Anybody know what the problem is and how to correct it?

JDAIowa

I started to have the same issue last night.  I have not updated the firmware, but plan to do that and see if it will resolve the problem.

Moonwalker

Quote from: JDAIowa on September 03, 2021, 10:15:18 AM
I started to have the same issue last night.  I have not updated the firmware, but plan to do that and see if it will resolve the problem.

Well, considering my 202 is already updated, I don't think that alone will fix this issue. However, the update reset the web page control panel accessibility to off, which is easily corrected, so now I'm curious as to whether the update may also have reset something within the control panel disabling the ring tone on my end.

Moonwalker

EDIT: DND SETTING IN GOOGLE VOICE IS THE CULPRIT!!!! TURN OFF DND!!!

fbramante

I am having the same problem with a Obi200 using Google Voice for the past few days - since around the 1st of September I think.  I have checked my Google Voice settings and DND is turned off for me.  I toggled that on and then off again for the heck of it but it made no difference.  Anyone have any ideas?

drgeoff

Quote from: Moonwalker on September 03, 2021, 12:30:31 PM
Unlikely to be the culprit.  The DND setting only affects incoming, not outgoing calls.

musk

I am having the same issue with my OBI200 (using with GV..updated with latest firmware).  I do hear "ringback" when I make calls directly with GV. 

fbramante

For what it's worth, my Obi200 is also on the latest firmware, and I too hear ringback while making calls directly with Google Voice through the web interface.  Hoping this can be fixed sometime relatively soon.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Moonwalker on September 03, 2021, 12:30:31 PM

No.  Stop posting this.  It's not correct.