News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obihai 2182: X_CheckVoiceMailWithCallKey not working

Started by Pat_V, February 25, 2022, 09:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat_V

OBi2182 - Sure would like X_CheckVoiceMailWithCallKey to work.  I have the box checked, but it doesn't work.  I would like to push and hold the line button to dial the VM box instead of play Super Mario World with the D-PAD to get to the proper VM, or have to instruct my users to dial *97 to get to VM...

Currently if I press and hold the line button, I get the NetServicesMenu1 pop-up.

X_CheckVoiceMailWithCallKey is set
X_CheckVoiceMailNumber is set to *97 (for Asterisk).

Phone SP is a FreePBX/Asterisk server.

OBi2182 FW: 6.2.3 (Build 5330.1311)

Does anyone have this feature working on a OBi2182 (and what magic did you do)?

casm

Quote from: Pat_V on February 25, 2022, 09:22:15 AMOBi2182 - Sure would like X_CheckVoiceMailWithCallKey to work.  I have the box checked, but it doesn't work.  I would like to push and hold the line button to dial the VM box instead of play Super Mario World with the D-PAD to get to the proper VM, or have to instruct my users to dial *97 to get to VM...

Currently if I press and hold the line button, I get the NetServicesMenu1 pop-up.

X_CheckVoiceMailWithCallKey is set
X_CheckVoiceMailNumber is set to *97 (for Asterisk).

Phone SP is a FreePBX/Asterisk server.

OBi2182 FW: 6.2.3 (Build 5330.1311)

Does anyone have this feature working on a OBi2182 (and what magic did you do)?

The short answer: it's not just you.

This doesn't work on any of the four 2182s I have, either, and we're both in very similar territory as regards the environment.  However, it is working correctly on my lone 1062.

Obi2182s:
Firmware: 6.2.3 (Build: 5330.1311)
X_CheckVoiceMailNumber and X_CheckVoiceMailWithCallKey are configured

Obi1062:
Firmware: 5.1.11 (Build: 5312EX.1311)
X_CheckVoiceMailNumber and X_CheckVoiceMailWithCallKey are configured

Two different PBX installations are in use, both FreePBX.  PBXes are working correctly.

I'd really like to see this problem fixed on the 2182s as trying to train users to dial a feature code to get their voicemail isn't exactly ideal.  'Hold down that line key' is a lot easier for them to remember.

azrobert

casm

Quote from: azrobert on April 22, 2022, 08:47:34 AMTry defining a program key as a speed dial.

I understand what you're saying, but that would involve four different speed dial keys being defined.  There are four different SIP SPs in use, each one using its own feature code for checking voicemail.  The end users are borderline technophobic, so keeping usage as simple as possible is in everyone's best interest.

Besides, it's a feature that was paid for.  It's not unreasonable to expect it to work properly.

Will Polycom / Obihai fix it?  I'm not holding my breath, but at least the point has been raised to them that it only works on some products and not others.

azrobert

Would you be interested in using a Hot Key. They would press and release a Line Key and wait a specified time. Each service would receive the correct code.

casm

Quote from: azrobert on April 24, 2022, 11:59:53 AMWould you be interested in using a Hot Key. They would press and release a Line Key and wait a specified time. Each service would receive the correct code.

That may work, provided that it can replicate the functionality of X_CheckVoiceMailWithCallKey.  There are two potential snafus with this approach, however:

1) I'm already having to emulate a key system in order for the users to be able to make use of it, so the line keys are used to seize and dial.

2) What I know about setting up hotkeys is pretty minimal.  I've done it, but never in the way that I'd like to see it work (i.e., as closely as possible to X_CheckVoiceMailWithCallKey).  Any recommendations for reading gratefully accepted.

From what I recall of having set up hotkeys in the past, it's just a case of prepending "Sx:" (where 'x' is the dial delay in seconds from 0-9) to the number defined for a particular key.  Making that happen for a line key already tied to an SP is where I'm getting lost.

azrobert

You need to understand how an OBi routes calls.
The default Primary Line on IP Phones is SP1.
The IP Phone DigitMap will validate the dialed number, number must match a rule.
The IP Phone OutboundCallRoute will route a call to an SP.
The last rule is {(Mpli):pli}
(Mpli) points to the Primary Lines's DigitMap
pli points to the Primary Line
If a dialed number matches the DigitMap, the call is routed to the Primary Line (SP1)

Line Key#3 set to Call Appearance and Service set to SP3:
When you press Line Key#3 the Primary Line is temporarily set to SP3 for this call.
Now last rule {(Mpli):pli} will route the call to SP3

Add to the IP phone DigitMap for 4 second trigger time:
<S4:hotkey>|

Add to ITSP-A DigitMap:
<hotkey:*91>|

Add to ITSP-B DigitMap:
<hotkey:*92>|

Add to ITSP-C DigitMap:
<hotkey:*93>|

Add to ITSP-D DigitMap:
<hotkey:*94>|

Press and release Line Key#3