News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

has not received a response from the service provider

Started by mtstoll3, March 22, 2020, 10:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

I had this problem when I connected a new Obihai 200.  Solution:  Go to Dashboard.  Click on triangle with an exclamation mark, which indicated that a software update was needed.  It attempted an "automatic" software update.  After ~5 min., message stated that software update may have failed, and the device was then shown as off-line.  I unplugged the Obihai, waited ~30 sec., plugged it back in; all 3 lights on device turned green.  I refreshed the webpage, and the device was shown as connected.  Device then worked fine, both to place and to receive calls.

PDX_Mark

Quote from: SteveInWA on March 31, 2020, 04:21:42 PM
Quote from: TurnKey on March 31, 2020, 02:08:52 PM
with the increased work from home volumes, I've recently be subjected to both incoming and outgoing calls being dropped at any interval but usually within 15 minutes of a call .... I also get the static blast which is embarrassing on calls and doesn't speak well for Obitalk or Google .... I've reset the Obitalk and even reset the router but it doesn't reset and the line is useless ..... really disappointing to see other providers not having these issues.   >:(

Well, Google Voice is not intended for business use.  Sign up with a SIP VoIP ITSP like Callcentric or voip.ms instead.

Can you PLEASE CEASE AND DECIST from making excuses for Google Voice every time someone wants to resolve this or some other problem!

Are you a Google employee?

PDX_Mark

More and more I am convinced that this issue relates to DNS Servers!

I have tried every kind of reset even changing the Obi200 device. Nothing works for long term.

It seems the Obi200 at least has some DNS Query settings that may need tweaking. I never had this issue until I started using xfinity (comcast) Internet. Now if the two Obi devices I have one does this all the time . The one that does not do it is a Obi202 with a very advanced configuration for connecting my Asterisk server to Google Voice (Yes NoseyInWA PERSONAL USE!).

I have an additional Obi200 across town that I manage as well that is set for DHCP on an xfinity connection that does not have this issue.

Since I made the following changes I have not (yet) had this problem happen again

BREAK THE RULES AND DO THIS FROM THE CURRENT IP ADDRESS NOT FROM USELESS HALF BROKEN OBI PORTAL (Which will be unable to read these changes later because it is so useless). The settings are on WAN page. You will need to uncheck the "Obitalk Settings" and "device default" for each item

1 ) Addressing Type set to: MANUAL

2 ) Set a STATIC IP Address that is valid on your network

3 ) Set a valid subnet for your network Subnet

4 ) Set your valid Gateway IP address

5 ) Set DNS Server 1 to: 8.8.8.8 (this is a Google DNS Server and will work from anywhere)

6 ) set DNS Server 2 to: 8.8.4.4 (this is a Google DNS Server and will work from anywhere)

now scroll further down till you get to : DNS CONTROL section

7 ) DNSQuery Order to: DHCP offered DNS Servers, DNS Server 1, DNS Sertver 2

8 ) Set DNSQuery Delay to: 0

Now when a DNS request is made all DNS Servers (those offered via DHCP - Your ISP usually,  and those set manually- Google ) will be queried simultaneously

Ransomwr

1.31.22   I've had no VoIP for a week, and the guy that came in replace my modem could not fix my OBi 200.
I came on here and got the message about end of service, and we didn't read the fine print, and he left.
So I've been doing this paperclip on the bottom factory reset, with no results.
Well, I just clicked on my dashboard and clicked on something (about midway down, underlined) like connect your Google voice with the account, someone above may have mentioned it, and I got the little timer saying connecting for like a minute, and then it said connected. And I made a phone call and it worked!

PDX_Mark

Although this topic has deviated (a lot) from the original post that talks about "...has not received a response from service provider..", it is still valid and still a problem. Please lets keep this on topic for those receiving this message. If you do not hear this message then this thread does not relate to your problem.

First no reset nor changing the device has helped . When I first tried those solutions, I thought it helped at first then the problem came back

Now I mention "Toxic Numbers" these are numbers that I can see in my mother's call logs when she mis-dials a number that causes the problem to start. recently she dialed this one (it is not a valid number in use so no harm done in posting it) +1 503 503 3811 . Previously I posted another similar number, also unassigned) , +1 360 238 5631 that when I dial any one of these or other identified numbers it causes the obi 200 to start giving me the  "...has not received a response from service provider.." message on that and subsequent calls, even to valid numbers. I have confirmed this happens with multiple numbers which explains why it is such a problem for my mother who is elderly and frequently mis-dials numbers. Then she gets stuck at the recording exacerbating the problem and mis-dialing more numbers. Usually the device will reset itself

My other post was here http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=18882.0

I suspect something in Obi or GV is not properly handling the disconnection with some numbers that are not in use, and thus not allowing a connection to the next dialed number. Since Google allows multiple simultaneous calls, I do not believe it to be Google more likely because of the single call limitation in the Obi, that is where the problem lies. SOmeties however the Obi goes into this mode seemingly on its own, but I suppose this too could be related to a call not properly disconnecting, even an incoming call.

It seems to me that if someone were able to monitor these calls from the server end it would be easy to identify where the problem lies but then again GV is a free service and nobody really seems to care.

Possible solution, is it possible to force the obi to re register at the end of each call? This is at lease worth investigating and might be the reason the problem clears itself, because a re-register.

ATTN NAYSAYERS: please refrain from eluding to this being a problem related to MY configuration or MY obi or something like that. It has been tested and confirmed on MULTIPLE Obi 200s all have been reset at one time or another and tried again only to return to the same problem.

Taoman

Quote from: PDX_Mark on February 25, 2022, 05:25:11 PM

Now I mention "Toxic Numbers" these are numbers that I can see in my mother's call logs when she mis-dials a number that causes the problem to start. recently she dialed this one (it is not a valid number in use so no harm done in posting it) +1 503 503 3811 . Previously I posted another similar number, also unassigned) , +1 360 238 5631 that when I dial any one of these or other identified numbers it causes the obi 200 to start giving me the  "...has not received a response from service provider.." message on that and subsequent calls, even to valid numbers. I have confirmed this happens with multiple numbers which explains why it is such a problem for my mother who is elderly and frequently mis-dials numbers. Then she gets stuck at the recording exacerbating the problem and mis-dialing more numbers. Usually the device will reset itself

Sheesh. Maybe there are "toxic numbers." I called that 360 number from my OBi202 and got the same results as you. Then when trying to call out to valid numbers I would get the same error message over and over.
Interestingly, when I tried calling from Phone2 using the same GV trunk outgoing calls worked just fine.
What fixed it for me (temporarily) was receiving an inbound call on my GV trunk and answering on Phone1. After that I could make outbound calls again from Phone1. I never did restart my OBi. This is definitely a bug.

Given Poly's lack of attention to their consumer product line I wouldn't expect a fix for this from Poly.

Does your mother make a lot of calls to different numbers? If not, maybe consider setting up speed dials for her and giving her a list of them to read so she knows which numbers to dial. Presumably, she would be less likely to misdial a speed dial number. I realize this is just a band-aid fix to the problem but you need a workable solution now for your elderly mother.

jeffs555

Just wanted to say that I have been fighting the "no response from service provider" problem for a long time on OBI202 to GV. Had noticed that it could be triggered by dialing a wrong number, but that doesn't seem to be the only thing that triggers it. Once triggered, it gets the "no response" message to any dialed number until reboot(ie power off or ***9). At one time I thought that dialing from contact list in the phone so the phone spits out the DTMF tones rapidly also made it more likely to happen. Played with the DTMFDetect settings on the OBI202, but came to no conclusion and set them back to default.  So frustrating as it only seems to happen for my wife who has no understanding of tech, so it is hard to find a pattern.

AlStr

I have an OBi 200 with a different bug variation of "has not received a response", which I'll summarize as
"GV call-800, next-call locks". 

The GV phone line rings normally for incoming wired instrument calls, and forwards normally to my cell phone, where I get contact list names, or numeric Caller ID to identify and not answer spam.  7-digit outgoing calls dial normally. 

If I dial a toll-free number, the call is successful, but my immediate next attempt to dial out results in an SIT and "has not received a response".  Any incoming ring (no answer) will reset the bug to normal, so I've been calling my GV number from my cellphone speed dial.  Outgoing, dialing the OBi test number **922-222-2222 will also reset the bug. 

My OBi 200 was installed in 2018.  This bug has not occurred during most of that time.  As best I can recall, it's been a problem for maybe a year.  The OBiTalk Dashboard (Expert) SoftwareVersion reads 3.2.2 (Build: 8680EX).  The OBiTalk dashboard isn't requesting a firmware update. 

I occasionally have calls randomly disconnected by the known burst of static bug, but that seems infrequent and unrelated to my "GV call-800, next-call locks" bug. 

Quote from: PDX_Mark on February 25, 2022, 05:25:11 PM...I suppose this too could be related to a call not properly disconnecting...

It makes sense that toll-free numbers and invalid numbers could have different disconnection characteristics compared to valid 10-digit numbers (or OBi200 preset 3+7 for local area numbers).