News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google voice, the requested service is not available at the moment.

Started by Scott_S, May 24, 2022, 07:04:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott_S

I am stumped. I bought a OBI2182 and set it up with GV as well as a SIP provider to vet it for my office--it worked great. I bought 4 more OBI21822s to do the same. In every case, I can set up the SIP provider  and GV, but GV will show "Connecting to 0.0.0.0" on my OBITalk dashboard and the phone will show it as an outgoing line but when chosen will show a pop-up : The requested service is not available at the moment."

The one thing that stands out is that when I set this at OBITalk I get an pop-up for "Google Voice™ Additional Terms of Service
By selecting Accept, you agree that you have read, understand, and accept the terms and conditions described below." below this there is a window for the 'terms' but I am told "support.google.com refused to connect."

Even though the accept button still works, I wonder if this is the issue.

I have even factory reset one of the phones and tried to set it up for only GV with the same issues.

Thanks.

drgeoff

Quote from: Scott_S on May 24, 2022, 07:04:53 AMI am stumped. I bought a OBI2182 and set it up with GV as well as a SIP provider to vet it for my office--it worked great. I bought 4 more OBI21822s to do the same. In every case, I can set up the SIP provider  and GV, but GV will show "Connecting to 0.0.0.0" on my OBITalk dashboard and the phone will show it as an outgoing line but when chosen will show a pop-up : The requested service is not available at the moment."

The one thing that stands out is that when I set this at OBITalk I get an pop-up for "Google Voice™ Additional Terms of Service
By selecting Accept, you agree that you have read, understand, and accept the terms and conditions described below." below this there is a window for the 'terms' but I am told "support.google.com refused to connect."

Even though the accept button still works, I wonder if this is the issue.

I have even factory reset one of the phones and tried to set it up for only GV with the same issues.

Thanks.
Check that the phones have the latest firmware. See https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0 for what that is and what to do it not.