News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBIHAI VOIP ending

Started by RichE, May 27, 2022, 01:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichE

Great, Polycom pays a bunch for obihai, then ends it.  Sheesh.

So what are my options if/when google voice (currently connected) doesn't work with my OBI200?

thanks.

drgeoff

VoIP using OBi devices is not ending. There are many more fish in the sea than GV.

Regarding GV see the post today by azrobert.

bluechip

Localphone is the best value as an alternative to Google Voice!
I've been using Localphone with an OBi200 since 2019.
I'm also using Localphone with a CISCO SPA122.
Everything works! I am a very happy customer.
Outgoing Calls: 800 minutes/month = $1.60
Phone Number = $0.99/month
Incoming Calls: Unlimited
My Total Cost/Month = $2.59/month
There are NO taxes.

You can use this Discount Link to sign up,
http://www.localphone.com/?rb=g-ETNf1B4i76gTsjj-iP3fQIYAZUfCRTcvkGVW5UAN8

Michael_Reeder

Quote from: RichE on May 27, 2022, 01:52:32 PMGreat, Polycom pays a bunch for obihai, then ends it.  Sheesh...

So... I may misunderstand something... but I seem to remember an announcement about Obihai devices to no longer have access to the Obi Dashboard after December 2022, and that we would have to manually program them, and they may or may not continue to work...

Now I see no more mention of that announcement from a few months ago...

Is the Obi Dashboard and support for Obihai devices shutting down in December 2022?  Am I smoking something, or was there not an announcement similar to this?   ???

Thanks,
Michael

drgeoff

Yes there was such an announcement  in December 2021 and there  has been nothimg to the contrary since then.

Michael_Reeder

Quote from: drgeoff on July 07, 2022, 12:11:14 AMYes there was such an announcement  in December 2021 and there  has been nothimg to the contrary since then.

Thank you drgeoff -- I KNEW I'd seen something like that.  I was under the impression it was posted on these webpages, but perhaps not.  I don't see the announcement anywhere.

I'll write support and see if there is an update.

Thanks.

Michael_Reeder

Well -- This is clear as mud:   :P

They say "Yes", but then quote today's firmware upgrade instead of any messaging about a December 2022 Dashboard shutdown.   ???

ME: "I seem to remember an announcement about December 2021 that support for Obi devices on the Obi Dashboard would be ending in December 2022. Is this still the case? I don't see the notice anywhere now when I look."

Yes, still the case and it is been posted on our website.

Here's the information:

June 2nd, 2022 *** Important notice to OBiTALK customers***
On June 7th, 2022 We will start upgrading the security settings of our servers.
Devices with very old firmware will no longer be able to connect.
The most recent firmware can be downloaded here. The last four digits of your firmware version (aka build number) must be greater than 4464 to continue to connect.

I WILL TRY AGAIN.

Michael_Reeder

SteveInWA

Per the announcement:  End of Service date is December 18, 2023.  It's 2023, not 2022.  This has already been discussed at length, in several other discussions here in this forum.