News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi 200 firmware update link

Started by anson, July 19, 2022, 07:19:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anson

hi, the june 7th update links shows this for all four obi devices.

drgeoff

What 7 June link? The one in the notice on my dashboard takes me to https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0

chulent

I followed all the directions to download the new firmware. Not sure if it downloaded, as although I still have a dial tone on my Obi200, I cannot make any calls on Google Voice. I get a recording which says "the number has not received a reponse from the service provider."
Supposedly, once I download the new firmware, it is supposed to solve my problem. My problem still ongoing. HELP!

drgeoff

1.  Dial tone is always generated internally by the OBi200.  Even with the network cable unplugged.  Hearing dial tone proves nothing more than the phone is plugged in and the Obi is powered up.

2.  Dial **9 222 222 222.  Do you reach the echo test number and a recording which begins "Welcome to Obitalk ..."?  If yes, then your OBi is successfully reaching the internet,

3.  What firmware version does the OBi have now? Dial ***01# and it will be read out to you.

4.  Is your GV account still in good standing?  For example if the number has not been used for an extended period, Google can and does reclaim the number.

chulent

Thanks so much for your reply! I tested and was successful. GV account ok. Now that you taught me how to find out my firmware version, I see that is the problem: the current firmware is: 3.2.2.8680. I followed the instructions exactly how to update the firmware, but obviously not successful. After downloading the file and updating, I reboot and then I hit return to "complete the update" but it is not happening. Can you please give me simple instructions how to download the latest firmware?

Looking forward to your reply. Thanks!!!

drgeoff

Quote from: chulent on October 07, 2022, 07:32:06 AMI see that is the problem: the current firmware is: 3.2.2.8680.
That is ambiguous.  "current" in your OBi or "current" meaning the latest published firmware and your OBi does not have it?

The latest firmware is 8680 and it works with GV.  If your OBi has that, then your problem is not the firmware.  If your OBi does not have that then I cannot give your any simpler instructions than those in Option 3 in the thread at https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=9.0.

chulent

Sorry for the ambiguity. Yes, Indeed I do have the 8680 firmware. I passed the Echo test. So it is some other problem,
The message that I get when I dial a number on GV is: "The number you dialed has not received a response from the service provider."
No matter what US number I dial I get the same response.
Any suggestions??

drgeoff

Have you configured GV on your OBi?  Does it show as "Connected" on your dashboard at obitalk.com?

chulent

This is what it says:

"Google VoiceConnecting to 216.239.36.145;Token Error"

Apparently, there is some sort of error. I have had no problems in the past with Google Voice.
How can we fix this error??

drgeoff

Try the "Replace Google Account Credentials" option.