News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI200 Busy Signal

Started by PBsOB200, November 01, 2022, 11:17:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PBsOB200

All I get on my home phone is a busy signal (beep, beep, beep...) 

Anyone know how to fix this?

drgeoff

Quote from: PBsOB200 on November 01, 2022, 11:17:13 AMAll I get on my home phone is a busy signal (beep, beep, beep...) 

Anyone know how to fix this?

You need to post your question on a forum that is frequented by owners of crystal balls and people with telepathic powers.

PBsOB200

So you have no OBI200 technical abilities whatsoever.  Maybe you should respond to threads that you have some knowledge about.

drgeoff

Quote from: PBsOB200 on November 02, 2022, 08:02:14 AMSo you have no OBI200 technical abilities whatsoever.  Maybe you should respond to threads that you have some knowledge about.

Clearly, in addition to not realising that you have given no useful information about your Obi200 problem, you also have no sense of humour.

drgeoff

If you want help you need to provide information.  The sort of information you could have provided in your first post or certainly should have after being prompted twice includes:

What troubleshooting steps have you already done and what were the results?
Has this ever worked or is this a new setup?
Can you successfully reach the echo server as per the instructions in the box?
What is the status of the LEDs?
Have you added the OBi200 to your dashboard at obitalk.com?
Have you configured a Service Provider?  Which one?
Do incoming calls work?
Is the OBi200 connected to an ordinary home router or is it in some other place such as a business or academic institution or care home etc?
Are you in the USA or Canada?  If yes, are you dialling 7, 10 or 11 digits?  If no, give more details.
At what point do you get the beeps? Immediately on lifting the handset or partway through dialling or immediately after dialling the complete number or some seconds after dialling?
Have you tried using another phone?
Is it one phone plugged directly into the OBi200? Not via any house wiring.