News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV Reverify phone prompt and Obi202

Started by obiJuanKanobi, March 26, 2023, 05:34:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

obiJuanKanobi

Hi - GV is now prompting me to reverify my TMobile linked mobile number. It was a prepaid number that I unfortunately let expire a couple years back.

I seem to remember seeing a Google Voice support forum saying if my linked number was not verified, they would not necessarily delete my GV number - but maybe I misunderstood?

I have a Obi202 box connected to my ISP's router LAN and can make/receive calls by taking the (POTS) cable from the router (that usually goes to wireless phone) and connect directly to the Obi202. This is all I need now, as I currently live outside the States and only occasionally need a US number.

But I suppose I still need to find a linked US phone for GV to be happy (and for me to keep my GV number).

Can anyone confirm or share any info on this?

Thanks very much.

drgeoff

Quote from: obiJuanKanobi on March 26, 2023, 05:34:23 PMI have a Obi202 box connected to my ISP's router LAN and can make/receive calls by taking the (POTS) cable from the router (that usually goes to wireless phone) and connect directly to the Obi202.
As stated that connection is likely to damage that port on the OBi202.

SteveInWA

Quote from: obiJuanKanobi on March 26, 2023, 05:34:23 PMHi - GV is now prompting me to reverify my TMobile linked mobile number. It was a prepaid number that I unfortunately let expire a couple years back.

I seem to remember seeing a Google Voice support forum saying if my linked number was not verified, they would not necessarily delete my GV number - but maybe I misunderstood?

I have a Obi202 box connected to my ISP's router LAN and can make/receive calls by taking the (POTS) cable from the router (that usually goes to wireless phone) and connect directly to the Obi202. This is all I need now, as I currently live outside the States and only occasionally need a US number.

But I suppose I still need to find a linked US phone for GV to be happy (and for me to keep my GV number).

Thanks very much.

You do not need to maintain (keep) a personal phone number linked to your Google Voice number.

Lokowa

Quote from: obiJuanKanobi on March 26, 2023, 05:34:23 PMHi - GV is now prompting me to reverify my TMobile linked mobile number. It was a prepaid number that I unfortunately let expire a couple years back.

I have a Obi202 box connected to my ISP's router LAN and can make/receive calls by taking the (POTS) cable from the router (that usually goes to wireless phone) and connect directly to the Obi202. This is all avatar game need now, as I currently live outside the States and only occasionally need a US number.

Thanks very much.

What did you do to solve it?

taracena90

To keep your Google Voice number, you will need to have a verified US phone number linked to your account. If your previously linked T-Mobile number has expired, you will need to link a new US phone number to your account and verify it. Without a verified US phone number, Google may eventually release your number and it could be assigned to someone else.

www.mygeorgiasouthern.edu

drgeoff