News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[Solved] Obi quality problems, drop outs, cut outs.. w/ router

Started by kthejoker20, November 19, 2011, 11:20:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kthejoker20

This will fix all your obi issues if you are getting cut out, call drops, no calls....

You need to change your router settings and setup and VLAN and change the subnet mask on the obi so that it is on it's own subnet.

no more problems with it, and it doesn't fight for bandwidth anymore.

UPDATE: Try this fix before the subnet, this should fix 95% of all problems.
Force OBi to 100Mbit/Full duplex.
Press *** 0 option 27#, press 1, value=1#, press 1 to save, then hang up phone

DoriaG

Hi kthejoker,

I'm trying what you said above, but I'm having trouble figuring out what you mean. I'm not very experienced with the terminology so I went into my router settings (medialink) to see if I could figure it out, but I'm having trouble matching up what you said with the options. Would you mind breaking it down as to how and which settings you changed? I'm experiencing dropped calls on every phone call (GV), and have tried several ideas (for changing the Obi settings) mentioned in these forums. So far, no fix.... however I'm thinking I need to change my router settings as I've already switched routers and that didn't help). I contacted Obi Support as well but they suggested hooking my obi110 directly up to the modem. This is not an option for me as I need to have it in my office (the modem is in a different room). If you could help me, I would be ever so grateful.

Thanks!   

kthejoker20

To expand on that, you need to do 2 things.

First, reprogram the obi, and make it FORCE connect 100meg/full duplex.  For some reason, the obis are only conencting to network devices at 10meg half duplex.  This should fix a majority of problems.

Force OBi to 100Mbit/Full duplex.
Press *** 0 option 27#, press 1, value=1#, press 1 to save, then hang up phone

If that don't work, then put it on its own subnet.

All your normal lan on 255.255.255.0, then create a VLAN with 255.255.255.128