News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Digit Map test page?

Started by Warren, October 08, 2011, 02:43:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warren

I've been trying to make some relatively complex digit maps. Testing them is a real pita. Perhaps you Obihai folks could put up a web page somewhere that has a test parser. Enter a test rule; enter a string to test; display the result. How about it??

Felix

I actually thought the same thing, but usually it's not a single rule. You have DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute in Phone setup; that usually refers to several other DigitMaps (SP1, SP2, Line; not to mention user-defined DigitMaps). What I would greatly appreciate is "debug mode" for digit maps. You make a call (either through the phone, or on one of the pages) and get all rules resolved.

meokey

Quote from: Felix on November 26, 2011, 04:36:12 PM
I actually thought the same thing, but usually it's not a single rule. You have DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute in Phone setup; that usually refers to several other DigitMaps (SP1, SP2, Line; not to mention user-defined DigitMaps). What I would greatly appreciate is "debug mode" for digit maps. You make a call (either through the phone, or on one of the pages) and get all rules resolved.

I second this.

And it will be more helpful if the debug info indicate which rule in the DigitMap/Route is used to manipulate the called number and what's the result, and eventually how the call is redirected.