News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Installation procedure for HKBN 2b settings on OBi device

Started by yhfung, May 15, 2011, 06:29:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yhfung

With the firmware 1.2.1 (Build: 2286), the installation of HKBN 2b credentials can be easily achieved.

Before putting your HKBN 2b credentials on your OBi device, you have to reset your HKBN 2b server to receive NEW registration from NEW geographical location, otherwise registration process may fail.

Using the following link to reset your HKBN 2b account in the 2b server:

http://pa.2b.com.hk/login.jsp

It is supposed to set up an HKBN 2b account in SP1 using ITSP Profile A.  Other combinations using SP2 and ITSP Profile B can be used if needed.

Please follow the folloing steps to install your HKBN 2b in your OBi device

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A

1) General -> Name: HKBN 2b

where the Name entry contains whatever name that you want

2) SIP -> ProxyServer: s2hkbntel.net

3) SIP -> OutboundProxy: s21.hkbntel.net

4) SIP -> X_ProxyRequire: com.nortelnetworks.firewall

Voice Services -> SP1 Service

5) SIP Credentials -> AuthUserName: 33445566hk

6) SIP Credentials -> AuthPassword: HKBN_2b_password

With the above settings, my HKBN 2b account can be installed on my OBi110 device without any problems encountered. Outbound and inbound calls with SP1 and ITSP Profile A not only work very well but also the device is able to detect the caller ID as well.

Note:

Please note that you may replace s21.hkbntel.net in Step 3 by s22.hkbntel.net for some HKBN 2b numbers.
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

yhfung

Locations confirmed to register HKBN 2b without any problems encountered.

Hong Kong
Shenzhen China

Please tell us if you are able to make your OBi device to use the HKBN 2b service in other places.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

Mann

I didn't see     ITSP Profile A, where is it?

Thanks,

freewilly

Confirmed works great in US.

However, when I bridge it with Asterisk and dial 1878200 from a sip phone, "press one for Cantonese, two for ....", none of the button works.

sip phone -> Asterisk -> obi -> 2b -> 1878200

But then button press works on the phone direct connect to the Obi unit as:

phone -> obi -> 2b -> 1878200

I know it may not be the problem of 2b, but I don't have button press problem when I use GV bridge as below.

sip phone -> Asterisk -> obi -> GV -> [us phone#]

What I did wrong?

Stewart

You might try setting DTMFMethod to InBand for the ITSP profile in question, and/or setting dtmfmode=inband in Asterisk.

However, why is the OBi involved at all?  Is it possible to have Asterisk register to 2b directly?

freewilly

Quote from: Stewart on January 09, 2012, 08:31:00 PM
You might try setting DTMFMethod to InBand for the ITSP profile in question, and/or setting dtmfmode=inband in Asterisk.

However, why is the OBi involved at all?  Is it possible to have Asterisk register to 2b directly?

Add dtmfmode=inband to sip.conf, problem solved.

Thank you so much.