News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting cannot be saved and returns to default

Started by bren, January 15, 2012, 05:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bren

Just bought this box and do not have any experience with it.
Want to set the box as:
10 digits ->   LINE port
11 digits and 011 -> SP1 service(Google Voice)
Set:
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : PSTN Line
Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap:
([2-9]11|xxxxxxxxxx|<**1>1xxxxxxxxxx|<**1>011xx.)
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(xxxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.'@'@@.)

After setting above configuration and rebooted box, I cannot make local calls. It seems the system automatically add 1 in front of any 10 digits number or only send 7 digits when I typed 10 digits. In our area, we must type 10 digits for all local calls.

Finally figured out whatever value I changed for Service Providers->ITSP Profile A->General->DigitMap, this value always recovered to the default value after rebooting
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
and with the default checkbox checked again.

Thanks for your help.

RonR

Also set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

bren

Quote from: RonR on January 15, 2012, 05:47:28 AM
Also set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

RonR,
Thanks a lot for the quick response. I actually read a lot of your comments in other threads and got the idea how to setup the box.
After setting the two parameters to disabled, the ITSP digismap value can be changed to what I want. However, when making a 10 digits local call, the local phone system responses with a message like "To place a local call now it is necessary to dial the area code and 7 digits phone number....", It seems the system trims my 10 digits number to 7 digits or sends a wrong number to PSTN line. And, sometimes it gives line busy tone when dialing 10 digits local number. Occupationally, the call can get through. But, the success is only less than 1 out of 10.
Please help.

Stewart

The Call History should show what was received from the PHONE port and what was sent on the LINE port.

That should tell you whether it's "hearing" the digits from your phone properly, and whether it's translating as you expect.

bren

Quote from: Stewart on January 15, 2012, 09:03:23 AM
The Call History should show what was received from the PHONE port and what was sent on the LINE port.
That should tell you whether it's "hearing" the digits from your phone properly, and whether it's translating as you expect.
Cleaned up the history log and made several test calls. Fortunately, where was one successful call. In the history log, there is no difference between the succeeded and failed calls. Both(PHONE1 and LINE1) showed the right 10 digits phone number with the LINE1 showed connected.
When the call is failed (most of the case), I heard the message from local phone carrier like "To place a local call, now it is necessary to dial the area code and 7 digits phone number..... "

RonR

Quote from: bren on January 15, 2012, 06:12:49 AM
However, when making a 10 digits local call, the local phone system responses with a message like "To place a local call now it is necessary to dial the area code and 7 digits phone number....", It seems the system trims my 10 digits number to 7 digits or sends a wrong number to PSTN line. And, sometimes it gives line busy tone when dialing 10 digits local number.

It appears your PSTN provider no longer supports 7-digit dialing.  Try this:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:
(<**8>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> DigitMap : ([2-9]11|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxxx)

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> PrimaryLine : SP1 Service

Judgeless

Quote from: bren on January 15, 2012, 06:12:49 AM
RonR,
Thanks a lot for the quick response. I actually read a lot of your comments in other threads and got the idea how to setup the box.

I agree.  RonR you have been a huge help to me also.  Thanks again.

Stewart

Quote from: bren on January 15, 2012, 09:17:52 AMBoth(PHONE1 and LINE1) showed the right 10 digits phone number with the LINE1 showed connected.
When the call is failed (most of the case), I heard the message from local phone carrier like "To place a local call, now it is necessary to dial the area code and 7 digits phone number..... "
Try increasing LINE Port -> DialDelay from 500 to 1000.  This will wait an extra half-second for dial tone.

bren

Working now! Have made over 10 test calls and did not have a single call failed.
RonR mentioned in other thread that cannot use both OBI tool and OBItalk web tool. So, I reset the box to factory default setup and use OBI tool directly access the box through its IP.
Reconfigured the box to both RonR's and Stewart's recommendation. The box is working now and did have failed call yet. Will test long distance and international calls late when receipts are ready.
Thanks a lot for your help.