News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

oBio110 Adapter

Started by woodchuck, January 23, 2012, 10:14:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodchuck

I am trying to get rid my land-line phone service through my internet provider. I've come across the oBi110 adapter on Amazon.com.  I have several questions that I haven't found answers to: Can I port my land-line number through Google Voice without giving/using a cell phone number/provider; I do not want to port my cell phone number. Can I use my existing at&t 5 phone cordless digital phones with the oBi110 and still use all of the functions? I'm not tech savoy, how difficult is the setup?  Is there any charges other than the initial l adapter charge? Thanks

Stewart

Porting your landline number to GV requires first porting to a mobile.  If your cell phone is GSM (at&t, T-Mobile), you could use a prepaid SIM.  Or, use a separate phone (perhaps an old one of yours or a friend's).  There is a $20 fee to port to GV; see http://support.google.com/voice/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1065667 .

If you don't want this hassle, a (not free) provider other than GV may make sense; look at Anveo and Callcentric for light (measured) usage, VOIPo and Phonepower for heavy (unlimited) usage.  Ooma is another possibility.

martingilchrist

How much does oBio110 Adapter costs on Amazon.com?

Stewart

martingilchrist

Thanx stewart!! Will have a look at it :)

Felix

Quote from: martingilchrist on April 30, 2012, 10:54:26 PM
How much does oBio110 Adapter costs on Amazon.com?
Sometimes you just can't resist the urge to point the question to the universal answer! Especially, when it is the first post and in the wrong forum and with a self-promoting signature that has nothing to do with the topic of the board.

@martingilchrist - enjoy the friendliest community on the web, but don't push it with such questions!