News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

GV missed calls - when answered by home machine?

Started by offroad, January 13, 2012, 11:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

offroad

Auto Provisioning seems to have been the issue.
I reset the OBi to factory config, did initial setup of SP1-GV and SP2-CallCentric using OBiTalk then disabled Auto Provisioning.

SP2-CC now stays registered, and the only values I changed directly on the OBi was to set ProxyServerPort and OutboundProxyPort to 5080.  RegistrarServer was left blank by OBiTalk during setup of SP2-CC so I left it alone.

I'll check it again tomorrow but all seems stable with Verizon 4G and I'll try it with the WISP Ethernet as well.
Thanks for the help, only need to get 911 working and digit maps right to be complete for my purposes.

offroad

This morning OBiTalk shows: CallCentric Account   Registered (server=204.11.192.22:5080; expire in 56s)
So it appears to be working fine now, also just tested with my WISP Ethernet and it shows the same.

Just curious, if CC accounts should be talking over port 5080, why is ProxyServerPort and OutboundProxyPort set by OBiTalk to 5060?

Stewart

Quote from: offroad on January 19, 2012, 05:16:28 AMJust curious, if CC accounts should be talking over port 5080, why is ProxyServerPort and OutboundProxyPort set by OBiTalk to 5060?
Because the port number should be set by CC's DNS SRV record.  Hard coding the port number (as I requested) is not as robust -- if CC needed to change it for some reason, your system would stop working.

But hey, not only are VZW's DNS servers failing to look up SRV records (either maliciously or by incompetence, though you could never prove the former), but they have also hijacked the DNS ports, so you can't work around the problem by using third-party DNS servers.  Short of connecting via a VPN, explicitly specifying port 5080 seemed like the only solution.

RonR

Quote from: RonR on January 14, 2012, 09:34:21 PM
The number you PM'd me rings endlessly using Google Voice, IdeaSIP, Ribbit, Alcazar Networks, and SIP Broker.  I can't see how this can be an OBi problem.

It turns out there is a problem in the OBi with calls using 'Early Media'.

Calls initiated through the OBi PHONE Port using a service provider that supports 'Early Media', such as IdeaSIP, Alcazar Networks, or SIP Broker work just fine.  The same calls initiated from another OBi or OBiON App via the OBiTALK Service do not.  The one exception to this I've found is IdeaSIP, which does work properly with the OBiTALK Service involved (somehow I missed this about IdeaSIP in my earlier testing).

I've asked Obihai to investigate this problem, but have not yet received a response.

offroad

If this is fixed by Obihai, would that also fix the problem I had with that number dialed through GV?
If not is this because GV doesn't support early media at all?

RonR

Quote from: offroad on January 26, 2012, 07:21:05 AM
If this is fixed by Obihai, would that also fix the problem I had with that number dialed through GV?
If not is this because GV doesn't support early media at all?

Google Voice does not support Early Media, but there is an easy alternative:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=2357.0

Stewart

Quote from: offroad on January 26, 2012, 07:21:05 AMIf not is this because GV doesn't support early media at all?
For me, early media via Gmail does not work either, so I assume that the problem is at the GV end.  However, I don't know enough about the protocol to be certain.

IMO, there is a silver lining in this cloud.  If folks set their OBi devices to send all toll-free calls on Callcentric (whether or not they use the **275* prefix), they are regularly testing the Callcentric path, so a problem will be less likely, should they ever need it for 911.

offroad

I have SP2 working on CallCentric but its currently only a free account.

I know I'll have to upgrade this to a Pay per call account for 911 but is the same true for Toll Free numbers through CallCentric?

Stewart

Quote from: offroad on January 26, 2012, 09:00:25 AM
I have SP2 working on CallCentric but its currently only a free account.

I know I'll have to upgrade this to a Pay per call account for 911 but is the same true for Toll Free numbers through CallCentric?
If you send the call as e.g. **275*18005551212 then CC routes it via SIPBroker and a free account will work.  If you dial directly, e.g. 18005551212, then you need a paid account and CC charges $0.0088/min. for the call.

offroad

Quote from: Stewart on January 26, 2012, 09:09:23 AM
If you send the call as e.g. **275*18005551212 then CC routes it via SIPBroker and a free account will work.  If you dial directly, e.g. 18005551212, then you need a paid account and CC charges $0.0088/min. for the call.

Can I set up my digit map so all 1800 calls go to SP2 (Call Centric) and get routed through SIPBroker automatically? 
Below is my current Digit Map for ITSP Profile B as shown by OBiExpert (417 is my local area code):

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1417>[2-9]xxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*]@@.)

RonR

Quote from: offroad on January 26, 2012, 09:23:10 AM
Can I set up my digit map so all 1800 calls go to SP2 (Call Centric) and get routed through SIPBroker automatically?  

Assuming your PrimaryLine is set to SP1 Service:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile A -> General -> DigitMap:

(<**2**275*>(18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx|<1>8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx)|
1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1417>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> General -> DigitMap:

(**275*xx.|1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|<1417>[2-9]xxxxxx|011xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.'@'@@.)

offroad

Yes, PrimaryLine is set to SP1 Service:

SP1=GV
SP2=CallCentric (Currently Free Account)

I've input those Digit maps from work using OBiTalk Expert and will try them tonight.

Thanks.

RonR

offroad,

There are a couple of drawbacks to using Sip Broker for your toll free calling:

1. Sip Broker does not currently support 855 toll free numbers.

2. Early Media does not work with Sip Broker from a remote OBi, OBiON App, or SIP device due to a known limitation in the OBi.

These drawbacks are not present using the IdeaSIP + Voice Gateway alternative I previously pointed you to.

offroad

Looked around at the IdeaSIP website am I correct in thinking that if SP2 uses IdeaSIP, there would be no 911 support as offered by CallCentric?

Stewart

Quote from: offroad on January 27, 2012, 07:26:41 AM
Looked around at the IdeaSIP website am I correct in thinking that if SP2 uses IdeaSIP, there would be no 911 support as offered by CallCentric?
You would not set up SP2 for IdeaSIP; you would set SP2 for CallCentric, Anveo or other provider.  Then, you would set up e.g. VG8 for IdeaSIP, as detailed by RonR in the previously referenced thread.

offroad

I did a Reset to Factory Defaults from OBi110 ip login, and then deleted my device from Obitalk.
Added the device to OBitalk then setup GV on SP1 and CallCentric on SP2
GV shows connected and CC shows Registered in Obitalk and CC website shows my phone is registered

Using Obitalk Expert I Setup VG8 as detailed by RonR and now any call I try to make gets a message from the Obi Attendant saying: "there is no call route available to complete your call"

The only entries I modified are: 
Note: I deleted the info that was in these fields and replaced with what's shown below

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap: (...|(Mvg8)|(Mpli))
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute : ...,{(Mvg8):vg8},{(Mpli):pli}

Voice Gateway8
Name : Toll Free
AccessNumber : SP2(proxy.ideasip.com)
DigitMap : (18(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx|<1>8(00|88|77|66|55)xxxxxxx)

When I setup CC I did set it up as 911 but have been unable to complete upgrading my account from IP Freedom to Pay Per Call as the website keeps saying my address is invalid even though I'm putting it in just like the USPS website shows to.

What have I done wrong?

RonR

Quote from: offroad on January 28, 2012, 09:52:15 AM
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap: (...|(Mvg8)|(Mpli))
Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute : ...,{(Mvg8):vg8},{(Mpli):pli}

I assume you're aware that the '...' signifies what was previous there.

IOW, you simply add in the |(Mvg8)| and ,{(Mvg8):vg8}, rules.  The placement is important.

offroad

Quote from: RonR on January 28, 2012, 10:17:05 AM
I assume you're aware that the '...' signifies what was previous there.

IOW, you simply add in the |(Mvg8)| and ,{(Mvg8):vg8}, rules.  The placement is important.

No, I wasn't aware of that but after starting over, here is what I currently have:

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute :
{911:sp2},{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Where exactly in the DigitMap do I add:  (Mvg8)
Where exactly in the OutboundCallRoute do I add:  {(Mvg8):vg8}

Thanks very much for the help!

RonR

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> DigitMap:

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mvg8)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mvg8):vg8},{(Mpli):pli}

offroad

This appears to be working great, just tested several 800,888,877 numbers including the Early Media one's I had problems with and all seem fine now.  No waiting for a connection and no fees to use a toll free number.

One question, under Physical Interfaces -> PHONE Port -> OutboundCallRoute:
Looks like you also made a change to something affecting 911 service, or at least it was moved farther into the string. 
Why was that needed?
{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2}

Also opened a trouble ticket with Call Centric to see why the website won't take my address for 911.

Thanks again.