News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to pass caller id to Callcentric ?

Started by cacophony, March 11, 2011, 09:49:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cacophony

I just got my Obi110 setup with Callcentric (prepaid and no incoming number). I want to set outbound calls to show the number of my landline phone for caller id. When I asked support they said:

"You can now pass these caller ID's to us using the following methods:

P-ASSERTED-IDENTITY
P-PREFERRED-IDENTITY
REMOTE-PARTY-ID "

But I can't find these in any of the Obi110 config pages (ITSP profile -> SIP, etc)...

Any advice would be appreciated.

QBZappy

Hi,

Look in this section of you Obi web unit. If the service provider allows it CID is picked from here. Note SP1 or SP2 depending what you need.

Voice Services->SP1 Service->Calling Features->Parameter Name->CallerIDName
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

cacophony

I tried setting that value to something of this format: XXX-XXX-XXXX
It then tells me that a reboot is required. But after I click "reboot" the value gets reverted back to the blank default...

QBZappy

Hi,

You must do it this sequence

1) Change your configuration
2) Presss the submit button (bottom left of the web page)
1) Press reboot

Maybe you forgot to do step 2 above
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

cacophony

I definitely hit the submit button prior to the reboot step (it was after I hit submit that it told me I needed to reboot). I also tried the entire process twice. Definitely seems like a bug.

Anyways, somewhat moot at this point because I got callcentric to hardcode it on their end.

Thanks for the suggestions.