News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I set up another no. to ring when I get a call.

Started by Torino, March 21, 2012, 09:36:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torino

I want my cell phone to ring at the same time as my land line using Obi.  How do I do this?

RonR

Quote from: Torino on March 21, 2012, 09:36:55 PM
I want my cell phone to ring at the same time as my land line using Obi.  How do I do this?

Set:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {ph,spx(12341234567)}

where spx is the desired service provider (sp1 or sp2) and 12341234567 is your cell phone number.

Everton

I know you are responding to a specific request, but isn't it a better practice to setup the ring to cell phone on the Google Voice setup page as one of the forwarding phone (Phones --> Forwards calls to:)?  That way, if the OBi is down for some reason, the incoming calls would still ring your cell phone, along with the ability to set ring schedule for the mobile device, among other options.

EDIT:  Please disregard my comments above, since I was ass-u-me-ing that the incoming callls were to your GV number, which was NOT stated in OP post!

Quote from: RonR on March 21, 2012, 09:54:56 PM
I want my cell phone to ring at the same time as my land line using Obi.  How do I do this?

Set:

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {ph,spx(12341234567)}

where spx is the desired service provider (sp1 or sp2) and 12341234567 is your cell phone number.

pedro

You never mentioned your service provider.  Log in to your Google Voice account and add your cell phone to your account.  Follow Google's phone number verification process then you'll be able to simultaneously ring your cell phone and your GV account connected to your OBi.

jimates

Read

I want my cell phone to ring at the same time as my land line using Obi.  How do I do this?

Torino

I should have asked the question better.  I should not have said land line.   What I want is my Obi line and my cell to ring at the same time.   I had this working before and can not remember if I set it up with Google or Obi.  I did put my cell in GV but it would rind only to my cell and not my Obi line.

RonR

To have any OBi trunk call your cell phone in addition to ringing the OBi PHONE Port, set:

Trunk -> InboundCallRoute : {ph,xxx(12341234567)}

where xxx is the desired service provider (sp1 or sp2 or li) to call your cell phone via and 12341234567 is your cell phone number.

Torino

Quote from: RonR on March 22, 2012, 04:25:42 PM
To have any OBi trunk call your cell phone in addition to ringing the OBi PHONE Port, set:

Trunk -> InboundCallRoute : {ph,xxx(12341234567)}

where xxx is the desired service provider (sp1 or sp2 or li) to call your cell phone via and 12341234567 is your cell phone number.

Where do I do this?

RonR

You can use the OBiTALK Web Portal : OBi Expert Configuration (Introduction)

or

You can log into the OBi at the IP addressed returned by dialing ***1 (username/password = admin/admin) and configure the OBi directly.  If you elect to configure the OBi directly, you must also set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled