News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 available in Amazon

Started by dani, April 12, 2012, 07:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Godot

Anyone know how or where to get the Obi202 in Canada or shipped to Canada? Since Amazon is not the vendor (Obihai is) they won't ship to Canada. Any suggestions?

Trev

Hi Godot,

I've just listed these last night at http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B007D930YO for shipping within Canada.

Order today and you'll receive your OBi202 by the end of this week.

Best regards,
Trev
In Canada and looking for an OBi?
https://www.acrovoice.ca/obistore/

Lavarock7

I saw the graphic change on the homapage and went to Amazon. While clicking around to see if I would get special shipping with Prime, I realized my one-click-purchase was still active (from the HP Touchpad deal months ago).

Imagine my surprise when I got a "Thank You for you order". I guess I could have cancelled the order, but was interested in testing the device for a friend. Imagine even more surprise when later Sunday it was listed as shipped. Who works Sunday? Heck, I don't even work during the week.
My websites: Kona Coffee: http://itskona.com and Web Hosting: http://planetaloha.info<br />A simplified Voip explanation: http://voip.planet-aloha.com

dhobi

Quote from: RonR on April 15, 2012, 06:51:10 PM
According to the OBi Device Administration Guide:

The maximum routing throughput between the WAN and the LAN side is approximately 30 Mbps. This speed can be achieved when there are no active calls in the system. Otherwise the throughput will be limited to a slower speed to accommodate the load for voice processing.

This is so disappointing these days when people can get 50-100Mbps with FiOS. I don't understand why 100Mbps switches are still around, can't be that 1Gbps chips are that much more expensive. Add a couple of dollars extra to the cost of the device and give me gigabit ports.

Ostracus

Quote from: dhobi on April 17, 2012, 08:47:01 AM

The maximum routing throughput between the WAN and the LAN side is approximately 30 Mbps. This speed can be achieved when there are no active calls in the system. Otherwise the throughput will be limited to a slower speed to accommodate the load for voice processing.

This is so disappointing these days when people can get 50-100Mbps with FiOS. I don't understand why 100Mbps switches are still around, can't be that 1Gbps chips are that much more expensive. Add a couple of dollars extra to the cost of the device and give me gigabit ports.

Maybe we'll get that when Obi starts doing video. Anyway just received mine and noticed it has the same footprint as my Obi110. Now all I have to figure out is which way to integrate it into the preexisting system? Fax line, or phones 1 & 2 on separate providers?

RonR

Quote from: Ostracus on April 17, 2012, 11:16:33 AM
Now all I have to figure out is which way to integrate it into the preexisting system? Fax line, or phones 1 & 2 on separate providers?

Simply think of the OBi202 as two OBi100's in a single box.

biomesh

Quote from: dhobi on April 17, 2012, 08:47:01 AM

The ports are not the only thing to consider.  CPU and memory are also tied to routing, so my guess the limitations are not the ports themselves but the overall hardware specs.  I think the firewall is there for those who don't have any existing device.  I highly doubt many of those people will be using 50/10 fios.  If they are - well, they probably won't notice anyway.  :)

Ostracus

Hmmm, yes. Well my current setup is phone 1 & 2 going into a Obi110 and that unit and another Obi110 sharing the LINE port, with the desk phone coming off the second Obi110. Also there's two things of note. One with no Giga running all of my internet through this box isn't going to happen. And second I must have sensitive hearing, but I can hear a high-pitched noise coming from this unit.

Lateralg

Do I no longer need my Wi-Fi router to support my TiVo & Xoom & laptop?
Make Better Things
Make Things Better
Gary

dhobi

Quote from: Lateralg on April 18, 2012, 03:02:11 PM
Do I no longer need my Wi-Fi router to support my TiVo & Xoom & laptop?

You do. OBi202 has no Wi-Fi and only 1 LAN port.

I think they should have partnered with someone like DD-WRT and release a true wireless router with phone ports and some serious firmware with other features. I'm all for reducing the number of devices, cables and wall warts.