News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to reboot OBi device using OBiTALK web portal

Started by R7tt, April 25, 2012, 09:26:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R7tt

I am pretty sure there is a menu for this function but for some reason I can't find it in both OBiTalkand Expert Configuration.

Can someone please tell me where I can find it? TIA.

RonR

No explicit reboot function was implemented in the OBiTALK Web Portal.

About the only thing you can do is change something, pause long enough for the change to take effect (which will include a reboot), then restore the original value, and again pause long enough for the change to take effect (which will include another reboot).

Not very pretty, is it?

jimates

From the phone you can press ***
option 9 is reboot

RonR

Quote from: jimates on April 25, 2012, 09:34:06 PM
option 9 is reboot

I thought one of the main reasons for using the OBiTALK Web Portal was to administer remote/unattended OBi's.

How do you dial ***9 remotely?

jimates

Quote from: RonR on April 25, 2012, 09:37:48 PM
Quote from: jimates on April 25, 2012, 09:34:06 PM
option 9 is reboot

I thought one of the main reasons for using the OBiTALK Web Portal was to administer remote/unattended OBi's.

I did not say you could do it remotely. I just made a non referenced statement, like you usually do, that did not directly answer the exact question asked.

jimates

How often do find a need to reboot your device, remote or direct, without making a change prior to the reboot?

Ostracus

Well rebooting as a way of fixing "I'm hung" issues, or in the case of the Obi202, fixing downstream issues.

Felix

I never tried, but can't you forward the incoming call to aa2 (that is, administrative IVR)? Maybe for specific caller id. Obviously, while you are doing it the device will reboot; so the need to reboot once more may become moot  :P

QuoteWell rebooting as a way of fixing "I'm hung" issues,
Well, if the device is hung, it will probably not respond to commands from web portal. Heck, for me it was really hung and didn't respond to commands from the router, either!

justme

i am having problems with one of my Obi110 devices.  the other party cannot hear me.  it doesn't reboot changing anything on the web portal.  the other party did dial ***91 but i am not sure how successful got it done.  i need to be able to do it remotely, anyone?  i had changed the inbound route call to ph but i am still getting the AA.  that means that, even though i got the Okay for the change, nothing happened.