News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to connect several corded phones in network?

Started by blanchard, March 13, 2011, 10:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blanchard

I have three Corded Phones connected to the Phone Network. Currently only one phone is working which is directly connected to OBi110.

How do I connect all using OBi110?

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Obi1Kenobi

All you should need to do is hook the Obi into a wall jack. It should then ring all the phones within the house.

jimates

Quote from: Obi1Kenobi on March 17, 2011, 10:24:38 AM
All you should need to do is hook the Obi into a wall jack. It should then ring all the phones within the house.
If the existing wall jacks are still wired to the POTS line you should not connect them to the Obi's PHONE port. The port is not designed to accept the voltage present on a POTS line and the Obi could be permanently damaged.

MichiganTelephone

Quote from: Obi1Kenobi on March 17, 2011, 10:24:38 AM

jimates is correct, this will permanently damage your OBi device if you do this without first making sure there is no voltage on the internal wiring from ANY other source, AND that the inside wiring is COMPLETELY disconnected from the telephone company's wiring.  The article that QBZappy linked represents a lot of effort in explaining all this (I should know  :)), but I do suggest you read it, first so that you'll know what you are doing and most important, so that you don't damage your OBi device!
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

Obi1Kenobi

Yes, I agree. I guess that is important information I forgot to mention. I recently was using phone service through my cable provider who had already disconnected the line on the box outside. I did double check to make sure it was disconnected before I hooked my Obi into it.