News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No GV Call PResentation on Obi device?

Started by Dead_Cow, March 15, 2011, 04:53:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dead_Cow

I'm sure this has something to do with the obi device using google chat as it's interface. Is there a way to make this work all the time? I searched the forum for "presentation", but got nothing.

RonR

If you're wanting to the hear the "Press 1 to accept the call, press 2 to send to voicemail" on each incoming call, uncheck:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_SkipCallScreening

Dead_Cow

Where? In my device admin, or in the Obihai device online?

RonR

I was referring to the OBi device itself.

obitalker

Hi,

I tried to ENABLE GV Call Presentation by DISABLING X_SkipCallScreening.   I can't get it to work, it won't stick.

My Obi110 1.1.0 (Build: 1892) shows X_SkipCallScreening checked, with "Default" unchecked.  When I uncheck X_SkipCallScreening, then submit and reboot, then refresh the webpage (and clear the cache) and look at X_SkipCallScreening again, it has automagically been rechecked.  

Any suggestions?

Thanks

RonR

Set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

Every time you rebbot, your OBi is getting updated by settings on the OBiTALK Portal.

Disabling Auto Provisioning will stop that.

If you ever want to be controlled by the OBiTALK Portal again, simply set it back.

obitalker

Re: Auto Provisioning

That worked.  Now I can disable X_SkipCallScreening.

Thanks!

Dead_Cow

It would be better if we could leave Auto provisioning on, and just set the parameters on the obihai portal. In fact, why have 2 places to control the device at all? I'm sure there's a reason.

srhuston

Quote from: Dead_Cow on March 19, 2011, 06:21:10 AM
It would be better if we could leave Auto provisioning on, and just set the parameters on the obihai portal. In fact, why have 2 places to control the device at all? I'm sure there's a reason.

I can't find the post now, but I believe it was mentioned that Obihai is working on a new portal that does just that - loads in *all* the values that can be set on the device, and lets you leave autoprovisioning turned on and select how complex you want the configuration interface to be (the current "easy" mode and a more advanced mode).

QBZappy

Dead_Cow,

Hi

Having two ways to configure the OBi allows us to have the ability to configure the OBi remotely and directly on the OBi web unit. The OBi portal is designed with wizards that make it easier to configure your unit or your friend's unit. You can setup sip accounts from various VSP automatically, etc... This feature removes much of the mystery of configuring the unit.

All these configs can be accomplished manually on the OBi unit directly. This is a very good thing. We would not want to be dependent on the OBi servers. 100% of the setting can be done via the unit.

You are correct that it has been a cause for confusion. That is why there is a sticky suggesting to use the portal or web interface to configure the unit but not both.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.