News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Call forward to mutiple numbers?

Started by yhfung, March 20, 2011, 02:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RonR

Quote from: Jorge on April 23, 2012, 03:46:47 PM
However, if that trusted caller presses '1 to continue this call', then that makes ring only my phone, the call is not forked to ob123456789.

Is there any way I can fork that call from AA?

I don't believe so.  When a caller presses '1' in the Auto Attendant, the Auto Attendant dials the number contained in:

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> NumberOnNoInput

The default is '0', which rings the PHONE Port.  I thought you could at least change this to **9290123456 to call your OBiON App, but in my testing, I discovered there's a nasty bug in this area.  Setting NumberOnNoInput to **anything causes the OBi to either crash and reboot or else the Auto Attendant simply disconnects before the call is completed.  The Call History indicates the call should have gone through, but nothing good ever happens.

Stewart

Quote from: Jorge on April 23, 2012, 03:46:47 PMRight now I have this InboundCallRoute:
{(x.123|x.456|...):aa},{ph,PP(ob123456789)}
If the trusted callers have a way to block their caller ID for one call (e.g. *67 for US callers), they could use that to bypass the AA; it would ring both your phone and the OBiTalk app.

If the above is unavailable or undesirable, please post:  Which service has the InboundCallRoute in question?  What country are the trusted callers in?  Using landline or mobile?  Would AA callback work for you?  Who is SP2 provider?  Do you have a DID with them?

dealyanodeal

@RonR - I did the following inbound call route to forward calls at my home no to my cell no. It is working great except in the situation when cellphone is down. In that case as cell phone is down , its Vocie mail kicks in rightaway and Obi has noway to know if somebody pickedup/answered the call from cell or is it just voicemail .The call gets immeiately transferred to Cell without giving any chance to pickup the home line.

Not sure if there a workaround for this but  wanted to check as this is a scenerio which will happen frequently.

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {1111111111:ph},{ph,sp1(1111111111)}

Stewart

Quote from: dealyanodeal on April 30, 2012, 10:22:29 AMNot sure if there a workaround for this ...
In the OBi itself, you can delay the forward to your cell, but a value long enough to answer at home may cause the caller to give up before you can answer the cell.

Otherwise, you could forward via a service such as Google Voice that is smart about off-line cell phones, but you'll need to use a different account than that used for forwarding.

Alternatively, you could use a paid service such as Anveo, which (with proper setup) would also show the original caller's number on your cell phone.

dealyanodeal

@Stewart..I am using GV to forward the call to my cell. Here is my setup. OOMA as PSTN-primary line and 2 GVs as SP1 and SP2. For forwarding I have setup to use Sp1 to initiate a new call to cell.

You said something about GV knowing if cell phone is down or not. Which setting is that? That might resolve my problem.

Thanks

Stewart

Quote from: dealyanodeal on May 01, 2012, 07:18:08 AMYou said something about GV knowing if cell phone is down or not. Which setting is that?
It usually works automatically, provided that the forwarded-to Phone Type is set as Mobile in GV settings.  Then, for example, send the Ooma call via SP1 to the SP2 number, which in turn forwards to your cell.

There is a small window of a few minutes, when you just went out of range or the battery just went dead, in which the cell system (thinking that the phone is still registered) takes a long time to go to voicemail, which will fool GV.  If that is a problem, a workaround is to set Call Screening.  Of course, don't do that if you have to answer calls while driving and don't have a way to safely send DTMF.

dschwarz

Hi all-

So here's my situation. I'm going to Israel for a month. I have an Obi 110 here at home in the US connected to Google Voice.  It is not currently connected to my Verizon POTS line.

What I'd like to do from Israel:

1. Call the US and have people call me. A lot.  I'll be working from there, so will be on the phone 6h/day. 
2. When my Verizon POTS line rings in the US, ring both the home line and also ring on Google Voice.

My plan is to leave the Obi 110 at home, plugged in to a UPS and the POTS line.  I don't know how to configure the Obi so that calls to my POTS line will ring on Google Voice and home. Is this possible without purchasing call-forwarding from Verizon?

I will bring my iPod Touch 4G with ObiTalk software to Israel, and use it to make and take calls. I will also use Google Talk + Google Voice from my laptop when necessary.

Is this the right idea? Or should I be bringing the Obi 110 with me to Israel? I'd rather leave it at home if I needn't bring it.

RonR

dschwarz,

Using Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk, you should be able to make calls from the OBiON App using either the Verizon POTS line or the Google Voice account configured on your OBi.  Using the configuration auto-generated by the OBiTALK Web Portal, you will be limited to making calls through the trunk set as the PrimaryLine in the OBi.

After implmenting Single-Stage Dialing Through Any OBi Trunk, change ph or {ph} in the following settings to have all incoming calls ring both the OBi PHONE Port and the OBiON App:

Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {ph,pp(ob290123456)}

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute : {ph,pp(ob290123456)}

Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> InboundCallRoute : ...,{ph,pp(ob290123456)}

Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {ph,pp(ob290123456)}

where 290123456 is the OBiON App OBiTALK number.

IvoD

Hi, this is what im trying to achieve.

I would like to get incoming calls on SP1 simulringing the Obi PHONE port as well as dial a number using the PSTN port. How do I do this?

I tried {ph,(<**8>(0XXXXXXXXX))} in SP1 X_InboundCallRoute but it doesn't work this way, I guess I am not quite right somewhere but fail to find an answer in the forums too.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!
Thx

pc44

Quote from: IvoD on June 12, 2012, 03:21:26 AMHi, this is what im trying to achieve.

I would like to get incoming calls on SP1 simulringing the Obi PHONE port as well as dial a number using the PSTN port. How do I do this?

I tried {ph,(<**8>(0XXXXXXXXX))} in SP1 X_InboundCallRoute but it doesn't work this way, I guess I am not quite right somewhere but fail to find an answer in the forums too.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!
Thx

Hi IvoD,

Have you tried {ph,li(XXXXXXXXXX)} instead?

Just a stab in the dark,
pc44

IvoD

Quote from: pc44 on June 12, 2012, 05:19:40 AM

Hi IvoD,

Have you tried {ph,li(XXXXXXXXXX)} instead?

Just a stab in the dark,
pc44

Wow, so simple of course - as usual :) Thanks it does work indeed, thanks so much for this!

IvoD

IvoD

Quote from: obi-support2 on March 21, 2011, 10:34:40 AM

---------
Note: If you include LI(some-number) in the route, however, LI will "win" most of the time since there is no easy way to tell if the call on the analog PSTN line is answered; so the device simply assumes the call is connected once it finishes dialing out the number on the PSTN line (hence it wins).

In 1.2 (currently in beta) we offer a new feature to detect if outbound call on PSTN line is connected based on tones and signal detected on the LINE. But this may require some tweaking for your local phone company. By default that feature is not enabled.

Hi obi-support2 ,

How can I enable ver 1.2 (beta or not anymore?) so the signal from the PSTN line is detected and the simulring does not stop when the Li dials the number? Also, what needs to be tweaked with the phone company? Thanks so much!

Best,
Ivo

Stewart

Quote from: IvoD on June 12, 2012, 06:00:31 AMHow can I enable ver 1.2 (beta or not anymore?) so the signal from the PSTN line is detected and the simulring does not stop when the Li dials the number?
I'm on 1.3.0 (Build: 2711) and the options available for DetectOutboundConnectMethod include None, Detect speech, Detect polarity reversal, and Assume connect after a short delay.

If your landline provider sends a polarity reversal when an outgoing call is answered (check by looking at TipRingVoltage in Line Port Status), then Detect polarity reversal should work perfectly.  Otherwise, see whether Detect speech works satisfactorily.

If the above is unsuitable, consider forwarding via a VoIP provider, rather than the landline; the VoIP connection will have a reliable answer indication.  Where are you calling?  Landline or cellular?

Lina

Quote from: RonR on March 27, 2011, 03:07:04 PM
Quote from: joshhighley on March 27, 2011, 02:35:36 PM
With call forward, does the original number still ring, or only the number the call is forwarded to?  Is it possible to use the Inbound Call Route setup to do a simultaneous ring?
There are three kinds of call forwarding:

Call Forward Unconditional - The OBi phone doesn't ring

Call Forward On Busy - The OBi phone is in use

Call Forward On No Answer - The OBi phone will ring a selectable number of times before it stops and the call is forwarded

Using the InboundCallRoute, you should have simultaneous ring with:

{ph,SPx(12345678901)} - The OBi phone and the called phone should ring until one answers

Where on earth can I enter these configurations? and How??

Lina

roberthuang

Please help set up the X_InboundCallRoute rule to achieve the following goals on sp4,

If the call is from 12341234567, the PHONE Port rings and the call is forked to 12347654321 using SP2.

If the call is NOT from 12341234567, only the PHONE Port rings and doesn't fork the call to any other number.

According to RonR,
{12341234567:ph,sp2(12347654321)}
If the call is NOT from 12341234567, the incoming call is totally ignored

Please help. Thanks in advance.

azrobert

Try:
{12341234567:ph,sp2(12347654321)},{ph}

roberthuang

Quote from: azrobert on January 07, 2013, 03:37:52 PM
Try:
{12341234567:ph,sp2(12347654321)},{ph}

Thank you azrobert. It works as expected.

One more question, how can I achieve the following goal?

If the call is from 12341234567 or 12341234568, the PHONE Port rings and the call is forked to 12347654321 using SP2.
If the call is NOT from 12341234567 or 12341234568, only the PHONE Port rings and doesn't fork the call to any other number.

azrobert

{(12341234567|12341234568):ph,sp2(12347654321)},{ph}

Processing proceeds left to right and ends when a match occurs.
{ph} is a catch all if no previous match.
You can have as many tests as you want.
Example:
{(12341234567):ph,sp2(12347654321)},{(123412346xx):sp1(12347654322)},{ph}

peterc

I believe that through reading this post, that  I can do the following...

I want to forward calls that come in on SP1 on a 1062 one of two ways, and that I need to modify the inbound call route.

If I understand it correctly --

I would go into Expert, and under Voice Service, SP1 Service (which is the line that I want to ring in multiple areas), currently under X_InboundCallRoute is ph. Should that I change this, and add the numbers that I want to call, simultaneously? So that would be changing it to --

ph,1-949-xxx-xxxx,1-310-xxx-xxxx

Is this correct? Will the phones now ring simultaneously, the 1062 and the two cells? If one picks up first, will the others stop? Do I need any type of brackets around it?

The second question is - What if I only want calls coming in from one number to ring on all three devices, but all other calls not to ring on one of the numbers?

I just need EXACTLY what to put in on this line.

Thank you for your help in advance.

azrobert

You must use one of your trunks to call your cell phones.

ph,spx(1949xxxxxxx),spx(1310xxxxxxx)

Change spx to the SP number you want to use to route the call.
You will see the CID of the trunk you use, not the incoming CID.

Use the following to do this for only one number.
{(1?8005551212):ph,spx(1949xxxxxxx),spx(1310xxxxxxx)},{ph}