News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiBT Bluetooth Adapter for Pairing the OBi202 with a Mobile Phone Now Available

Started by ShermanObi, August 04, 2012, 10:53:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShermanObi

The OBiBT Bluetooth Adapter for pairing the OBi202 with a mobile phone is now available for $25 with free shipping at Amazon.com.

http://www.obihai.com/obibt/

The Obihai OBiBT Bluetooth Wireless Adapter allows a USB equipped OBi device like the OBi202 to pair with a mobile phone so you can place calls and answer calls using your standard home cordless and corded phones connected to the OBi. The OBiBT works with most mobile phones using Bluetooth wireless technology. After the initial pairing between the mobile phone and the OBiBT has been set-up, when your mobile phone is in 'Bluetooth range" of the OBiBT, it will connect to your mobile phone automatically.

OBiBT Requirements:
- OBi202 VoIP Adapter with USB Port
- Mobile Phone with Bluetooth Audio Pairing Capability
- Regular Analog / Digital Corded or Cordless Phone

Ostracus

Now THIS is more like it. I do wish however you could have integrated WiFi and BT (there are already chips that do this). Anyway is there a limit to how many phones one can pair with the Obi202?

Diana

I agree that this Adapter should have been combined with the WiFi Unit.  My question is:  how do you use both the WiFi and Bluetooth Adapter at the same time?  Is this possible?  Or do you have to use one or the other?

Quote from: Ostracus on August 05, 2012, 03:03:46 AM
I do wish however you could have integrated WiFi and BT (there are already chips that do this).

Ostracus

It seems to be an open question if the USB port is a one port/one device setup or not.

ShermanObi

As for using OBiWiFi and OBiBT simultaneously, this is possible.

We recommend the use of a well-regarded USB 2.0 (or better) hub like these:

Belkin USB 2.0 4-Port Ultra-Mini Hub ($5.99)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000Q8UAWY

CyberPower High-Speed 7-Port USB Hub ($29.99)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0006TIA8Y

~

CaptainSteubing

Just ordered the OBiBT Adapter, going to have it replace my "Gigaset One" and cut back on another device that I have to keep powered on for my PBX. Electricity is just too expensive nowadays.

Aziz

If you update your OBI202 to the latest version, and login using the device IP address there are some settings for OBiBlueTooth.
You can pair up to 10 phones with OBI202! and there is a menu to choose the preferred one.

TheDreamer

Darn...wish I saw this sooner...because I just bought an OBi110 and a phoneline to BT Cellular gateway.

Though...I did want another OBiTALK unit.

This hasn't been a need for my current OBi202, because I have a Panasonic KX-TG7644M connected to it....but perhaps something I'll kind in mind for when I get my second OBi202.

The Dreamer

Ostracus

Quote from: TheDreamer on August 08, 2012, 05:51:24 PM
Darn...wish I saw this sooner...because I just bought an OBi110 and a phoneline to BT Cellular gateway.

Though...I did want another OBiTALK unit.

This hasn't been a need for my current OBi202, because I have a Panasonic KX-TG7644M connected to it....but perhaps something I'll kind in mind for when I get my second OBi202.

The Dreamer

How well does the Panasonic, Phone to cell work? I've heard mixed reviews on that feature?

Ostracus

Well this is interesting. Apparently ObiBT doesn't like Nokias. Or Nokias don't like ObiBT. I'm not certain which. A sluggish phone, and some lockups. Wait! There's more. Apparently **8+number is followed by "disconnected from Obi". Lovely!

Billt928

The *28 is an issue with callcetric. all I get is a message that I dialed an invalid number.

Also some random Obi crashes that requires the power to be cycled to recover when the BT is installed. I have had no issues with my Obi202 crashing. not even with the Obi wifi adapter. only issues with the wifi adapter is that it drops the wireless connection often.

Edit: Other BT issues

• phone rings over BT but ends call when answered
  • Can not make outbound calls on BT with **8 or as primary out line

I get a busy signal on all outbound calls. same results on 5 diffrent phones

OBiSupport

@Ostracus - Please post or send the model of the Nokia phone.
@Billt928 - Have you been able to make an outgoing call using **8 and a destination number via the cellular carrier?  Does the number get connected properly (via your cell phone)?

Billt928

Quote from: OBiSupport on August 10, 2012, 04:18:22 PM
@Ostracus - Please post or send the model of the Nokia phone.
@Billt928 - Have you been able to make an outgoing call using **8 and a destination number via the cellular carrier?  Does the number get connected properly (via your cell phone)?

I can get the incoming call to ring but 9 out of 10 times I loose the call as soon as I answer. I have not been able to make any outbound call using the **8

Also the paring by using the *28 is useless when using callcentric. the only response is a callcentric invalid number MSG. I had to pair the devices by using the hardware interface to make the BT visible

I have the current firmware and the Hardware version is 1.2  I also did a full reset on the box or should I say the BT module caused it on one of the random crashes since installing it.

OBiSupport

Please contact Obihai support using this form. 
http://www.obihai.com/supportTicketForm.php

We will investigate the issues you are experiencing asap.

Thank you
Obihai Support Team

Billt928

Quote from: OBiSupport on August 10, 2012, 04:53:31 PM
Please contact Obihai support using this form. 
http://www.obihai.com/supportTicketForm.php

We will investigate the issues you are experiencing asap.

Thank you
Obihai Support Team

Sent. Hope you can sort it out. if these issue can be resolved I'll be ordering 2 more BT devices for my other OBI202 boxes

Ostracus

Billt928

Azouz

???

Is it possible to initiate a call from AA using the ObiBT?
If I use my house phone that is attached to OBI2 to make a call through my cell phone (Iphone is paired with OBI202), everything works perfect (outgoing and incoming).
But when I'm away from home (iphone is still home and paired with OBI202) and I try to use AA this is what I get (OBIBT is the primary line):
I dial my SP1 from my Sumsung cell phone, press 2 to make a new call, I enter the number 12125551234#, then the iphone (which is paired with OBI202) dial the number. Till here everything is working the way it suppose to be.
The issue I'm having is: When the person answers the call, i can't hear anything from my Sumsung phone, the conversation is between the Iphone and the person i called!
I tried 3 different cell phones, but the result is the same.
Also when using the AA, when I hung up the other party does not get disconnected.

dima_nyc

[/quote]

How well does the Panasonic, Phone to cell work? I've heard mixed reviews on that feature?

[/quote]

Extremely well, especially with iPhone 4/4S. Millions of features - It looks like Panasonic made a deal with Apple and it's supported all the way through.

Simian

Seems as though some integrated Bluetooth base stations work and some do not - especially the older models.

I had the Panasonic KX-TH1211B. This model never worked at all...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16876101283

However, it appears this newer one from Panasonic for $170 is not so bad:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16876101333