News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi100 -status offline and googlevoice connected?

Started by rsriram22, August 30, 2012, 10:36:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rsriram22

my dashboard shows my obi as offline (yellow/orange icon) and the SP1 (google voice) says 'connected'.. i think they are supposed to indicate the same status?
have two 100s and one 110

jimates

it isn't as common as it once was for Obitalk to show the device as offline when it is actually online, but it still happens. It must be a loss of communication in the provisioning process. It is just a false indicator, doesn't affect the operation.

rsriram22

google voice works just fine. but the obiservice won't pick up any obi-to-obi calls... all the LEDs look good (solid green for DHCP,2nd one blinks at times indicating some activity..)...

anyone thinks a reset may help it? just want to try other avenues(if any) before a reset/contacting obi support..

Burton

Did you perhaps setup Google's 2 factor authentication?

If so you need to use an application specific password, not your main Google password.

That plus an extra reboot fixed the problem for me...

jimates

Quote from: rsriram22 on September 07, 2012, 07:09:34 AM
google voice works just fine. but the obiservice won't pick up any obi-to-obi calls... all the LEDs look good (solid green for DHCP,2nd one blinks at times indicating some activity..)...

anyone thinks a reset may help it? just want to try other avenues(if any) before a reset/contacting obi support..
When the device shows offline at Obitalk, that is the state of the Obitalk service. The device can be "offline" meaning the device's Obitalk service is offline; All other services on the device can be connected and operating properly. This is because the device and it's services, except Obitalk service, can be entirely independent of Obitalk/Obihai.

Did you reboot the device? Unplug the power and plug it back in.

rsriram22

yes i have rebooted the device to no avail.. when i click on the expert configuration and then click on the sp1/sp2 status or the phone status (from obitalk portal), i see an error message that goes something like ' could not connect.. please try later'...

what you are saying seems to make sense because all of this may be dependent on the obitalk service to be in a running state and SP1/SP2 services may be running as independent services.. is there a way to start/restart the obitalk service from the connected phone using any star codes?

Thanks.

claude

i had the same probleme i took the previous software and now it is working .. and then it will ask you later later 2 to 3 days later  on... to upgrade just say yes   mine is working now!
claude

rsriram22

thanks. i guess i upgrades to v2721 yesterday and it's showing green since then.. hopefully it will continue to display green..

rsriram22

well, that green indicator thing on obitalk site lasted a while... and it went brown (although google voice was still 'connected'/working).. GV calls can be made to/from the offending obi..

I have other obi's (different physical location) and thought would compare the network settings and i did find something strange/different for this particular obi:

IPAddress   192.168.0.103      
SubnetMask   255.255.255.0      
DefaultGateway   192.168.0.1      
DNSServer1   192.168.1.1

DNSserver1 above seems to be different.. Maybe that is what is causing this weird behavior? I took the above values when the obi status indicator in obitalk site was green...

Anyone shed more info on this?

By the way, 192.168.0 is a router to which obi is connected to and 192.168.1 is the DSL modem subnet.

jjtricket

Same situation here. No green light for me with these settings:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Firmware Update -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> ITSP Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> OBiTALK Provisioning -> Method : Disabled
Voice Services -> OBiTALK Service -> Enable : (unchecked)

Also, recently did a reset and that did not work, no green for me!

BTW, the no green light but connected issue for me is with a obi202.

LeoKing

This OFFLINE thing happened to my OBi110 last night. The OBi110 could make and receive calls normally but its status on the OBi Dashboard just showed it as OFFLINE. I tried to reboot the router and the OBi110 but could not make the status go back to ONLINE. A couple of hours later, the status mysteriously turned back to ONLINE. I didn't know what happened. I never experienced this problem before I updated the firmware to the latest version 1.3.0.2744 on 9/27.

rsriram22

I have had this 'issue' for the last couple for firmware versions.. i had asked if there was a way to manually/force start the obitalk service (through the phone connected to it or via the LAN web interface). if someone from obi is listening, could you possibly help us troubleshoot this..?

LeoKing

I got an email from Obihai support this morning in which I was advised if the GV was working properly then I didn't need to worry about it.

rsriram22

I use obi-obi calling most of the time and hence it's becoming a pain for me, perhaps...

LeoKing

Did you contact the Obihai support folks? They always replied to my questions and requests very quickly.

rsriram22

no havent as yet.. usually i get an answer on these forums.. it's time i contacted them, perhaps :)

jimates

Quote from: LeoKing on October 04, 2012, 11:13:50 AM
I got an email from Obihai support this morning in which I was advised if the GV was working properly then I didn't need to worry about it.
The online status is exclusive to the status of the Obitalk networks communication to your device. Since the device can be stand alone without Obitalk at all, google voice and SIP services are not monitored by Obitalk.

LeoKing

Quote from: jimates on October 04, 2012, 04:23:11 PM
Quote from: LeoKing on October 04, 2012, 11:13:50 AM
The online status is exclusive to the status of the Obitalk networks communication to your device. Since the device can be stand alone without Obitalk at all, google voice and SIP services are not monitored by Obitalk.

Thanks for the info!

jjtricket

After reading jimates last post it was back to playing with the obi202 settings. I found that by going to OBiTALK Service Settings and checking enable, submit, reboot, the green light was again visble on the Obi Dashboard.

If you return to OBiTALK Service Settings and uncheck enable, submit, reboot, refresh, the green light is gone on the Obi Dashboard.

rsriram22

i have an obi100 and i do not see any 'enable' flag in my obitalk service (i am viewing it from the obitalk portal though..)..