News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[S]Can 2 OBi 110's be registered on the same OBiTalk account.

Started by Robert.Thompson, October 10, 2012, 10:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert.Thompson

Hello:
My friend has an obi setup in his condo in Florida and now he wants to setup another obi at his home in Montreal - does he need an additional OBiTalk account for the Montreal OBi?

Thanks,

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

Ostracus

Only if he doesn't want to deal with COT (Circle of Trust) issues.

QBZappy

Robert.Thompson,

You can have more than one unit set up with each OBiTALK account. Simply add a device on the web portal. There are specific uses cases where you may want a separate account, but having the units on under the same acct will have the benefit of having COT setting automatically configured for you. (In some use cases this is not desirable behavior)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Robert.Thompson

Thanks people!

One last question:

If both OBi's are configured with Google and Voip.ms, will the phones on both devices ring if someone calls his Voip.ms number?

Thanks,

Rob.
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

QBZappy

If you want voipms to ring multiple OBis, you can set up the voipms with sub accts and include them in a ring group. This will have the added benefit of making free calls between the sub accts. They can call each other via an extension number. The OBi is not involved in this use case.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

Robert.Thompson

Rob. (Obi newbie.)