News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Anyone else experiencing device instabilities when CallCentric is up and down?

Started by CoalMinerRetired, October 19, 2012, 11:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimates

Quote from: mick44 on October 24, 2012, 05:35:48 PM
I tried this out from the CC website and so far it has seemed to help

OBIHAI

***OBITALK Users need to enter OBI EXPERT CONFIGURATION FOR THESE SETTINGS***

Service Providers > ITSP Profile > SIP
ProxyServer = callcentric.com
RegistrarServer = callcentric.com
UserAgentDomain = callcentric.com
OutboundProxy = callcentric.com OR srv.callcentric.com (You can use either server, please test and configure this setting accordingly)
X_ProxyServerRedundancy = Checked
I changed to that configuration yesterday from the one they gave previously. I removed CC last night after seeing a reboot approximately every 3 minutes (on 2 devices)

lightspeed

I have put in a post about "dropped calls" on this forum. Maybe it is callcentric that is making my obi service, including my google voice service drop calls. This has been happening since yesterday afternoon and I have been using my cellphone, but I cannot do this for long. I really liked callcentric service, but I too may have to switch out of it if I cannot conduct business on the phone, which appears to be the case as of now. I reconfigured my obi as per callcentric's instruction last week. I still dont know if callcentric instability is causing this, but if that is the case, I may have to switch to another provider.

ProfTech

See my post at http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=4430.0

Turning off ProxyServerRedundancy stopped my Obi from crashing immediately.

Be sure both X_ProxyServerRedundancy and X_SecondaryRegistration have Default checked.

My tests showed that it didn't matter if I used callcentric.com or srv.callcentric.com for the Proxy as long as whatever servers you are using send the "abbreviated" list of servers. Just be sure X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix is checked to get the benefit of their new server setup. Until [and If] Obi decides to make the DNS change for TCP that has been requested, it seems redundant Servers won't work.

*EDITED* I just remembered there was a note from Obi about the 2744 firmware for the 110 - Proxy redundancy fail-over then resume improvement.. Something may have broke (or been made worse) with this Build. Haven't tried reverting to the previous build. I opened a ticket with Obi.

rsriram22

i too had these random reboots, and i deleted CC from my phone and now have SIP URI forwarding calls to my obi100 directly and things are great since last evening.. oh, btw i had to open up the RTP port range in my router besides the SP1 port to be able to hear the voice...

guess it's time to port out of CC as obi is not going to address this 'issue' anytime soon as i bet they'd think it's not an issue with their devices at all (the serverredundancy 'bug' that is addressed to earlier in this thread).
have two 100s and one 110

crackie

Is this issue also affecting people just using CallCentric as a secondary SP for E911 services?

jimates

Quote from: crackie on October 27, 2012, 07:48:51 PM
Is this issue also affecting people just using CallCentric as a secondary SP for E911 services?
Most people are having trouble just by having CC configured on their device. It is configured the same no matter what you use it for.

QBZappy

Quote from: crackie on October 27, 2012, 07:48:51 PM

I had a CC acct which was made inactive for lack of use. It would still register to CC. The OBI202 had to be hard reset because of it. Any active registration to CC should be viewed with suspicion.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jxzz

I did not have ob100 reboot.  But I got quite unstable GV calling (line 1) and calls would stopped within a few minutes of talking.  I suspect this was due to unstable callcentric on line 2.

tome

For completeness, this was posted in the dslreports forum regarding this same post:

"Well, that's not an instability of Callcentric, but rather inability of Obi to properly resolve DNS queries related to Callcentric SRV records; Obi reboots itself due to [my wild guess] some memory leaks or corrupted memory buffers when it attempts to accommodate a large number of returned [by DN server] records. This thread discussed some possible workarounds a number of pages back."

Unfortunately, since (as usual) Obi is basically incommunicado when it comes to discussing bugs we won't know if they know about this, if they give a crap, and if they are doing anything about it.

Tom

sogood

FYI: I opened a support ticket last Friday morning and I got reply from support in less than 12 hours.  They pushed me a beta firmware into my box (I use obitalk) and my box was stable since then.  I suggested people have this problem file a support ticket (indeed, my box warranty have already expired but the response was pretty prompt)  I guess their staff may not monitor the forum request. 

OBiSupport

Callcentric Users:

Please contact Obihai support to request a special version of software that provides a work-around to issues that have come-about due to recent changes in the way Callcentric operates their VoIP services.

If you would like your OBi device(s) updated with this special software, please send e-mail to Obihai tech support indicating this wish along with your OBi device's 9-digit OBi Number.

Email Address:  support@obihai.com
Subject:  Callcentric <OBi No.>

Thank you,
Obihai Technology, Inc.

VOIPisGreat

Why is the fix not applied across the board?

I use callcentric and it seems to be working so far, is there any harm to apply the new software?

(Out of curiosity, why is my unit seems to work as is while a large number of users are having problem?)

Quote from: OBiSupport on October 29, 2012, 02:16:51 PM
Callcentric Users:

Please contact Obihai support to request a special version of software that provides a work-around to issues that have come-about due to recent changes in the way Callcentric operates their VoIP services.

If you would like your OBi device(s) updated with this special software, please send e-mail to Obihai tech support indicating this wish along with your OBi device's 9-digit OBi Number.

Email Address:  support@obihai.com
Subject:  Callcentric <OBi No.>

Thank you,
Obihai Technology, Inc.

Rick

OBi responded to my trouble ticket filed earlier today and told me they applied the firmware to my box minutes ago.

fred11

I'm a newbie and I'd like to report my experience with obi110 / callcentric problem. I use the CC free N.Y. number to obtain caller Id and get 911 capability per "pc44" instructions (many thanks pc44!). 
Started dropping active calls randomly last Thursday. Had to go to L.A. for two days so I figured Obihai would come out with a fix since others had the same problem( thanks, forum users). Sure enough....Today, I followed the instructions to email Obihai support and ask for the work-around software.  They fixed my Obi110 within an hour of my email to them...That is service!! 

QBZappy

Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

jimates

Quote from: fred11 on October 29, 2012, 05:19:43 PM
I'm a newbie and I'd like to report my experience with obi110 / callcentric problem. I use the CC free N.Y. number to obtain caller Id and get 911 capability per "pc44" instructions (many thanks pc44!).  
Started dropping active calls randomly last Thursday. Had to go to L.A. for two days so I figured Obihai would come out with a fix since others had the same problem( thanks, forum users). Sure enough....Today, I followed the instructions to email Obihai support and ask for the work-around software.  They fixed my Obi110 within an hour of my email to them...That is service!!  
So Fred,
is calcentric working ok on your device, if so what settings are you using.

can't even access Callcentric right now in either IE or chrome

WEBSITE AVAILABILITY CHECK FOR CALLCENTRIC.COM:
callcentric.com is down
Last updated @ 10/29/2012 18:47:01Test finished in 20.723 seconds

tome

They posted a message on the dslreport forum that they are completely down due to power loss in NYC due to the storm.  They have only short run (1 hr) UPS backup.
Tom

jimates

oh yea, I didn't think about that. We are getting pretty hard here in East Central Pa.

CoalMinerRetired

Quote from: fred11 on October 29, 2012, 05:19:43 PM
......That is service!! 
The other view here is this is also a beta version. Based on all the issues I've seen in the past few weeks, I think I'm going to wait until all the beta testers on here put it through it's paces and a formal new release version is available.