News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

VoIP My Way

Started by Loughary, March 01, 2011, 07:16:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

voipmyway

For those that waited and missed out on the last two deals there are a few and I mean a few deals left at $55. if you are interested I would act soon. Thanks to the article by NerdUno from nerd vittles. He has cleaned out the stock of 100 wedding deals and most of my $55.00 deals as well as some business lines.

voipmyway

jimates

Notice the forum title.

VoIP Service Provider Forum (OBi Relevant)

This isn't an advertising forum.

Loughary

Quote from: jimates on March 26, 2011, 06:34:33 PM
Notice the forum title.

VoIP Service Provider Forum (OBi Relevant)

This isn't an advertising forum.

You seem a bit harsh don't you think...I would think if OBi created a forum section just for 3rd party service providers not sure what the harm is.  In the future if you don't want to read these posts just stay at the top of the forum and out of this section.

jimates

There are currently 6 threads in this forum advertising this service. One would be sufficient, considering none are Obi Relivant.

Loughary

Quote from: jimates on March 26, 2011, 07:18:07 PM
There are currently 6 threads in this forum advertising this service. One would be sufficient, considering none are Obi Relivant.

I guess you don't frequent many other forums....this if very common if you have such a great product like the Obi to have a section where you can discuss 3rd party services.  I think most people that are buying the Obi would like a section to discuss SIP services that work on the device other then Google...maybe I'm wrong.

harpo

Quote from: jimates on March 26, 2011, 07:18:07 PM
I don't see moderator by your name.  Obi owns and moderates this form so if they don't like what's going on here I'm sure they'll let VoIPmyway know.

MichiganTelephone

I don't think a post about being on Twitter constitutes blatant advertising.  Maybe a bit of self-promotion, but as far as I know that's not completely disallowed here.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

voipmyway

Wow some people like to cry about everything. The reason i posted the twitter thing is many clients don't like to receive emails every time there is a update about a company. since my company is hosted on several forums on the internet I find it easier for me to make 1 post about following us on twitter for daily updates such as system status. Why should I flood a obi forum with the status of my company.

Also I am only on this forum as obi asked me to support their product with my service and I found it to be a good fit for what I offer a well as did many others on here.

voipmyway

The good news

Well we got permission from our investors to run the Honey Moon special. There are 100 of these available and the rate is $45.00. You get access to 1 year of our Residential Unlimited* service.

http://www.voipmyway.com/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=17

The bad news

The wholesaler raised the rates of number pots so we had to raise our rates too. We find even though the rates went up they are still cheaper then most company's who charge 25.00 +

nang

How can I use just E911 service with my current obi110. I want to keep using my google voice for phone service and want to use voipmyway only for 911. How can I do that without buying another obi110?

Thanks,

QBZappy

nang,

Some service providers offer E911 with or without monthly fee. I think you will have to verify with them if they offer that service.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

VaHam

Quote from: nang on April 09, 2011, 02:21:41 PM
How can I use just E911 service with my current obi110. I want to keep using my google voice for phone service and want to use voipmyway only for 911. How can I do that without buying another obi110?

Thanks,

You can setup Google Voice on SP1 and voipmyway on SP2 and modify the OutboundCallRoute so that 911 calls are directed to SP2 instead of the standard li.

Default OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Change it to:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):SP2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

I think this should work for you but I have not tested it with an actual 911 call for obvious reasons.

RonR

You also changed the behavior of '#', which is supposed to give you an immediate connection to the LINE Port.  To direct 911 to SP2 without interfering with '#', use:

PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

VaHam

Quote from: RonR on April 12, 2011, 03:43:00 PM
You also changed the behavior of '#', which is supposed to give you an immediate connection to the LINE Port.  To direct 911 to SP2 without interfering with '#', use:

PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>):li},{911:sp2},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},
{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

Your right good catch Ron!

voipmyway

Guys thanks for helping out on this one. As always if there are any questions feel free to contact support@voipmyway.com

If you need e911 you will need to live in a US state and have either a residential unlimited* account or a residential lite with the e911 addon.

We are not always on the forums.

harpo

I haven't accessed my voicemail from my handset connected to my obi110 in awhile and forgot how.  Can anyone tell me how to do it?

voipmyway

harpo since i am not on here often please send email to support for issues. But to do it just dial 123 from your handset connected to your obi using our service.

oldtimercurt

FYI  management of VoipMyWay has changed.  Apparently Michael sold out and David is now the Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.  Hope service remains good. David has been very responsive so far.

OTC

chief3202

Does this company still exsist?  I emailed support about calling plans and no one responded..