News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Primary Line

Started by dvijen, March 26, 2011, 10:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dvijen

primary line selection appear in two places.
In Auto Attendant, I have primary line sp1.
In phone port, I have primary line PSTN.

However, when I dial a number, it goes out from sp1 unless I dial with # before number.
Is this normal behaviour?  Am I missing something?

my sp1 dial rule (google)
(1xxxxxxxxxx)
my line digimap
(*xx|<:1225>xxxxxxxS3|<:1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS2|1[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS1||01191xxxxxxxxxxS1|011[2-9]xxxxx.|!1900xxxxxxx)
strange thing is that even 7 digit dialing goes out from sp1 (google) with 1225 added to it.
dvijen

RonR

When you dial a leading '#', the OBi immediately bridges the PHONE and LINE Ports and everything after goes out the LINE Port.  That's part of the default PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute.

Have you modified your PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute?  If so, you need to post those also as the ITSPx and LINE DigitMaps are invoked from the PHONE Port DigitMap and the OutboundCallRoute controls the routing.

Also, please give an example or two of numbers dialed that go out SP1 instead of the expected PrimaryLine (LINE) Port.

dvijen

Phone port outbound call route
{(1xxxxxxxxxx):sp1},{(011xx.):sp2},{(<#:>|911|xxxxxxx|xxxxxxxxxx):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(Mpli):pli},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}

Line port digimap
(*xx|<:1225>xxxxxxxS3|<:1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS2|1[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS1||01191xxxxxxxxxxS1|011[2-9]xxxxx.|!1900xxxxxxx)

sp1 digimap (ITSP-A) (google)
(1xxxxxxxxxx)

sp2 digimap (ITSP-B)
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.)

comments:
when I dial o11xxxxx  it goes through sp2 (expected outcome)
when I dial 1xxxx. it goes through sp1 google ((expected outcome))
when I dial 225xxxxxxx or xxxxxxx it goes through google (expected to go through line port)

default on phone port is PSTN
default on AA is sp1 (changing it to PSTN produces same results, no change)

dvijen

RonR

When you dial 225xxxxxxx or xxxxxxx, they're expanded to '1xxxxxxxxxx'.

The first route in your OutboundCallRoute '{(1xxxxxxxxxx):sp1}' instructs the OBi to send any '1xxxxxxxxxx' number out SP1.  So the OBi is doing exactly what you asked it to.

In my opinion, it's very ill-advised to make changes to the PHONE Port DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute.  They are tightly coupled, working hand-in-hand, and it's usually not necessary to alter them to get a desired result.

The OBi first processes the number you dial through the PHONE Port DigitMap, which ultimately results in it being evaluated through the other DigitMap's via indirection (Msp1, Msp2, Mli, etc.).  The result from the best matching rule (which may have altered the original input) is then compared to the routes in the PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute.  The first route that matches is the one that's used.

In your case, you've hard-wired the OBi to always send US numbers out SP1 and international numbers out SP2 (unless you use **?, of course).

dvijen

now that you mentioned it, makes sense, however, the expansion of 7 or 10 digit is done in either sp2 or li only, not in sp1.  I thought, based on the route, any 7 or 10 digit number not starting with 1 would be routed to the line port, then expanded there as necessary. Thanks for your guidance.  So if I wanted to do this, would there be any other way?
dvijen

RonR

A DigitMap being located in a particular place (ITSPA, ITSPB, LINE, OBiTALK, Auto Attendant, User Defined) doesn't actually link it to that port.  They're located there for convenience and readability, but their placement there doesn't cause them to act on that port.  That's a little hard to get your head around at first.  It's the execution of the PHONE Port DigitMap (which indirectly invokes the outbound port DigitMap's) and the OutboundCallRoute that determines where a call goes, not the location of the DigitMap itself.

Give me a little while and I'll try to give you an example that does what you're after without altering the PHONE Port structures.

dvijen

Thanks, you are so kind.
In the meanwhile, I took out expansion to begin from 1 from the line port digimap.

(*xx|<:225>xxxxxxxS3|[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS2|1[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS1|01191xxxxxxxxxxS1|011[2-9]xxxxx.|!1900xxxxxxx)

and it works as intended.  This is possible since my pstn is actually byod voip device (pap2t), which takes care of prepanding 1 before it dials out.  Rather brute  force way of getting it done, not very desirable and thoughtful :)

I would certainly appreciate your input and better way of doing it when when you have time to think about it.

again, appreciate it very much

dvijen

RonR

I think you want US/Canada calls (1xxxxxxxxxx) to go out SP1 by default and international calls (011xx.) to go out SP2 by default.  Is that it, with the LINE Port being able to be used with either by prefixing **8?  It appears you want 7-digit dialing to assume area code 225.

You've got so many overlapping rules that my head spins every time I try to decide exactly what you were trying to accomplish.  Please don't get carried away trying to make the OBi be able to read your mind when you're dialing.   :)

dvijen

you have it right.  All international to sp2, long distance starting with 1 to sp1 and all others to line port without dialing # or **8 :).  I have it right now, but I am sure there is a better way to do it.
dvijen

RonR

I haven't tested this, so it may need some fine tuning (or worse)   :)

US/Canada 7, 10, or 11 digit numbers should go out SP1.  10 digit numbers will have a prefix of 1 added.  7 digit numbers will have a prefix of 1225 added.

Internaltional numbers (011xx.) should go out SP2.

Anything else should go out LINE.

**2 can be used to force anything out SP2.

**8 can be used to force anything out LINE.

**1 will NOT force non-US/Canada 7, 10, or 11 digit numbers out SP1.

PrimaryLine: SP1 Service

PHONE Port DigitMap (Default):

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

PHONE Port OutboundCallRoute (Default):

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

LINE Port DigitMap:

(xxxxxxxS4|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|1xxxxxxxxxxS0|xx.)

ITSPA DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxxS0|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|<1225>xxxxxxxS4|<**2>011xx.|<**8>xx.)

ITSPB DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxxS0|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|<1225>xxxxxxxS4|011xx.|xx.)

dvijen

Quote from: RonR on March 26, 2011, 04:46:45 PM
I haven't tested this, so it may need some fine tuning (or worse)   :)

US/Canada 7, 10, or 11 digit numbers should go out SP1.  10 digit numbers will have a prefix of 1 added.  7 digit numbers will have a prefix of 1225 added.

**1 will NOT force non-US/Canada 7, 10, or 11 digit numbers out SP1.

([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|911):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

LINE Port DigitMap:

ITSPA DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxxS0|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|<1225>xxxxxxxS4|<**2>011xx.|<**8>xx.)

ITSPB DigitMap:

Thanks, but I only wanted 11 digit dialing to go through sp1, with all 7 and 10 digit dialing going through line port
dvijen

RonR

The 7 and 10 digits to the LINE Port are to be sent as is (unmodified)?

dvijen

That is what I am doing right now and pap2t on line port prepands it.  Rather slopppy solution but works.  Good solution would be to send 7 and 10 digit to line port after prepanding them to 11 digit.  If 11 digits are entered, they need to go to sp1.

All this is for fun and learning.  I have voip line for pstn with unlimited calls to us/canada just like google voice on sp1.  I am just trying to understand obi and its capabilities.  The admin guide is not very helpful in understanding how obi treats what in which priority.  You certainly know more than what is in the admin guide :)
dvijen

RonR

US/Canada 11 digit numbers should go out SP1.

US/Canada 7 or 10 digit numbers should go out LINE.  10 digit numbers will have a prefix of 1 added.  7 digit numbers will have a prefix of 1225 added.

**1 will NOT force non-US/Canada 11 digit numbers out SP1.

LINE Port DigitMap:

ITSPA DigitMap:

(1xxxxxxxxxxS0|<**81>[2-9]xxxxxxxxxS0|<**81225>xxxxxxxS4|<**2>011xx.|<**8>xx.)

ITSPB DigitMap: