News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiTALK portal & setup wizards — please let us specify SP1 or SP2

Started by MichiganTelephone, February 04, 2011, 01:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichiganTelephone

When you set up a new provider or SIP account using either the OBiTALK portal or the configuration wizards, both just ASSUME you want the configuration to go into SP1.  Would it be possible to have a checkbox or dropdown that would allow you to put that configuration in SP2 instead?

Another very handy wizard would be a SP1 <--> SP2 "swap details" wizard.  This would simply read in the details from SP1 and SP2, and (perhaps optionally) from ITSP Profiles A and B, and swap the two.  This would be useful if, for example, you have configured SP1 with your Google Voice details and now decide you want to use SP1 with a VoIP provider or as an extension off of a VoIP PBX or something similar.  Rather than having to copy everything by hand, a swap wizard would simply move all the existing details to the other SP.  If you wanted to get really fancy you could have a dropdown with five options:

Move SP1 settings to SP2 (overwrites SP2, clears SP1 to defaults)
Move SP2 settings to SP1 (overwrites SP1, clears SP2 to defaults)
Copy SP1 to SP2 (overwrites SP2)
Copy SP2 to SP1 (overwrites SP1)
Swap SP1 with SP2
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.

OBi-Guru

SP1 or SP2 each has "Make This the Primary Line to Call Out" check-box on OBiTALK configuration.   Is this what you look for?   If SP2 checkbox is checked, then it will uncheck the SP1 (if you had previously checked), and vice versa.

As to the swap function, we don't have it now.

MichiganTelephone

No.  As an example, let's say I use the wizard to set up a SIP account (could be with an Asterisk server or a VoIP provider) on SP1.  Now, separately, I want to use the wizard to set up a Google Voice account, but I don't want it to overwrite my existing configuration on SP1, so I want it on SP2.  Which I select as my primary line is irrelevant, I just want to option from within the wizard or the portal to create the new account on SP2 rather than SP1.

The rest was just another way that the same effect could be accomplished.  For example if you could swap SP1 and SP2, then you could temporarily swap the two SP's, create the new account on SP1, then swap again so the original account is back on SP1 and the new one is on SP2.  Either way, the real goal is to be able to create a new, second account without overwriting an account you want to keep on SP1.
Inactive, no longer posting or responding to messages.  Goodbye and good luck.  Some of my old Obihai-related blog posts have been moved to http://tech.iprock.com - note this in NOT my blog; I have simply given the owner permission to repost some of my old stuff.