News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

[Solved]Would like to flash my ASUS RT-N66U with Tomato Toastman

Started by Robert.Thompson, January 11, 2013, 06:44:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robert.Thompson

Hello:

I have a new ASUS RT-N66U Dual Band Wireless N900 router and would like to flash it's firmware to the Tomato Toastman firmware.

My set up will be: Bell Sagemcom F@st 2864 Router --> ASUS RT-N66U --> OBI 202 (and/or OBI 110)

Can someone help me pick the *exact* version of Toastman that I should use for this ASUS and perhaps the proper link to the download?

This set up is for my house, no big network of PC's etc.

Thanks,

Rob.

Edit: I found this tutorial: http://www.shadowandy.net/2012/03/asus-rt-n66u-tomatousb-firmware-flashing-guide.htm

Can anyone tell me if Tomato 'Shibby' would be OK?
Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

Robert.Thompson

Well, I followed the tutorial and flashed my router with Tomato 'Shibby'.

It seems to work, at least I can connect to it wirelessly from my PC & android phone - I guess that is a good sign. :)

My Obi 202 & service from AcroVoice.ca works too - Trevor said that it would probably work without issues but he recommend Tomato Toastman.

I would have used Toastman if I could have figured out which download to use.

That's my story...

Rob.

Rob. (Obi newbie.)

OBi 110 using Anveo - but presently testing AcroVoice
My blog: www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

mgayda

Shibby works great, if doing ipv6 tunnel its required as stock fw had memory leak when using v6 tunnel. Also have drive attached to use dlna for music and video.  ;D

ipse

I have Shibby too, using it mainly for VPN and QoS. It did not seem to me that I have any packet drop, my RTP stats are clean.
Of all the things I lost, I miss my mind the most. - Mark Twain