News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

AA not putting me through after I dial 1

Started by elminakid, April 12, 2011, 12:17:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elminakid

After I dial 1 when AA responds, the attached phone does not ring. Anyone experiencing this problem. It had been working ever since I installed.

RonR

I just changed my SP1 (Google Voice) InboundCallRoute from PH to AA so that incoming GV calls go the AA.  The AA answers as expected.  Pressing 1 rings the OBi PHONE Port.  Pressing 2 + PIN + 0 + # also rings the OBi PHONE Port as expected.

plugger2

Quote from: elminakid on April 12, 2011, 12:17:05 PM
After I dial 1 when AA responds, the attached phone does not ring. Anyone experiencing this problem. It had been working ever since I installed.

I had a problem like this. Have you modified your AA Service|DigitMap recently?

Take a look at that and make sure it includes an entry like this: (.....|0|....)

In AA Service|OutboundCallRoute, there should be a rule like this also: .... ,{0:ph},...

When you press 1 at the AA menu, AA internally dials the value specifies in NumberOnNoInput (default is 0), then according to default DigitMap and OutboundCallRoute, it rings the phone.

Actually, there is/was a bug with changing the NumberOnNoInput value to anything besides 0; the changed value would be sent if the input timed out (correct behaviour), but the default value (0) would still be sent if you pressed "1" (incorrect behaviour). I'm not sure if this bug has been fixed yet in the latest fw release (2103), but it's not a biggie (I just came across it trying to figure out how it all worked -- obi support know about it and said they were on to it).

RonR

plugger2,

It appears the AA bug is fixed on 2103:

1. Pressing 1 unconditionally dials 0.

2. No input unconditionally dials NumberOnNoInput.

elminakid

Folks, thanks for the help. Though no changes to my environment had been made the problem cropped up. Went home yesterday, unplugged power to Obi, waited a few seconds and replugged. Everything is working... 

Again thanks to all