News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Delete Soft Phone from OBiTalk Dashboard?

Started by isaacl, April 13, 2011, 01:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isaacl

Is it possible to delete the Soft Phone from my OBiTalk Dashboard?
Thanks.

jimates

No, the softphone is actually what the account is because you do not have to add your Obi to an account to use it.

bitstopjoe

How about removing it from the #1 spot in speed dial? I have been unable to do so even with the IP method of accessing my OBi. I make the change and it goes right back.

Thank you

Joe Sica

RonR

Quote from: bitstopjoe on April 14, 2011, 06:39:36 AMI have been unable to do so even with the IP method of accessing my OBi. I make the change and it goes right back.
That's because you didn't set:

System Management -> Auto Provisioning -> Auto Provisioning -> Method : Disabled

This is necessary any time you want to make local/manual changes to the OBi.  With Auto Provisioning enabled, the OBiTALK configuration facility forces its settings into your OBi every time you reboot.

bitstopjoe

I just checked to be sure, as I thought it was set to disabled, and sure enough it is set to disabled..

Anything else I need to check??

Joe Sica

RonR

You sure it's Auto Provisioning that's disabled?  People sometimes see Auto Firmware Update as disabled and mistake it for Auto Provisioning.

With Auto Provisioning disabled, all your changes should stick.  Make sure you're clicking the Submit button at the bottom of each page before leaving that page (if changes have been made) and before rebooting.

I'm able to set Speed Dial #1 , so you should be able to also.

bitstopjoe

Positve it is Auto Provisioning and yep clicking submit and then reboot. I refresh the page after the reboot is complete and check user setting, speed dial, and it is back to the softphone in slot #1..

I have been playing with it since I got my OBi100 April 1st with no success. I didn't want to bother anyone here since I was sure I would figure it out. Not so far :)

I do appreciate your help though and I guess I will keep trying.

EDIT: I just tried again and this time it took!! BUT when I go to OBitalk and check the speed dials it still shows the softphone as #1 yet on the IP setup it shows the number I really want in slot#1. So I am getting closer, I GUESS !!! :)

Joe Sica

RonR

What browser are you using?  Someone mentioned a problem with the OBi using a 24-hour expiration on its web page validity that was causing a problem with some browsers not displaying correct/changed data.  If you haven't been using IE, give it a try just in case.

RonR

Quote from: bitstopjoe on April 14, 2011, 01:08:53 PMI just tried again and this time it took!! BUT when I go to OBitalk and check the speed dials it still shows the softphone as #1 yet on the IP setup it shows the number I really want in slot#1. So I am getting closer, I GUESS !!! :)
OBiTALK won't get updated.  It's a one-way street: OBiTALK -> OBi (and only if Provisioning is enabled).  You either live with what the Obihai folks want you to have from the OBiTALK configuration facility or you do your own thing locally/manually.  You can't have it both ways.

bitstopjoe

So if I set my speed dials via the IP method then it would work no matter what OBitalk shows? Awesome.

Thank you again for all of your help...

Joe Sica

RonR

With Auto Provisioning disabled, the OBiTALK configuration facility ceases to exist as far as the OBi is concerned.  You control everything locally/manually at that point.

bitstopjoe

Again, awesome.. I just tested it and now #1 is what I want it to be.
Now if I can only figure out what causes SOME people to hear a DTMF beep on occasion. It does not happen often but from time to time it does. I also hear it on occasion myself ( they do not and when they do I do not hear the beep). I know the freq of some people voices can trigger it. Would be nice if there was a DTMF sensitivity adj somewhere.

Well thanks again and from now on I will make all my updates via IP...
Have a lot of settings to look at and play with :)

Thanks for your help and no idea why the provisioning finally took, maybe because I used my other hand this time :)

Joe Sica