News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SIP scanners

Started by lacibaci, September 06, 2012, 05:50:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shale

Quote from: dial.tone on June 06, 2013, 06:26:09 AM
I did the Oleg Method on my Obi202/GoogleVoice/SimonTelephonics SP1 line and it seems to have eliminated the 100/1000/1001 calls in the middle of the night.  Oleg, wherever you are, my wife says thanks!  However, I am still being deluged with calls in the middle of the afternoon that the caller id identifies as "Private Caller."  They seem to come 12-15 at a time over a period of about 30 min.  I went into GoogleVoice and checked the box to "block anonymous calls," but that doesn't seem to have changed anything.  These calls don't show up in my GoogleVoice call history and the fact that each call can ring my phone 20+ times without going to voice mail makes me think they bypassing GoogleVoice altogether.  I checked the SimonTelephonics website and the problem isn't addressed there and the ST forum is closed.  Thoughts on how to stop these troublesome Private-Caller calls?
Do they show up in the Status-> Call History in the web access of your OBi? If they are coming in on a different SP, disable (method 0) the unused SPis. If they are coming in on the SP used for GV, that will be interesting.

dial.tone

Quote from: Shale on June 06, 2013, 08:28:33 AM
Do they show up in the Status-> Call History in the web access of your OBi? If they are coming in on a different SP, disable (method 0) the unused SPis. If they are coming in on the SP used for GV, that will be interesting.

I have never been able to find Call History.  I just checked the Dashboard and went into Expert Configuration, and I didn't find it in either place.  Where am I not looking?

Shale

To check the call history log:

1.  If you do not know the IP address of your OBi, find IP address:
from your phone dial ***1 and listen for the IP address.  Write it
down.

2. Enable web access from the WAN for your OBi:
Let a comma represent a pause.
dial ***0,30#, 1, 1
Your OBi should read your current IP number to you. It is often
192.168.__.__ or 10.0.__/.___ where __ represents some numbers. Write
that down.

3. Enter the IP address that you wrote down into the address box on your
browser. If you don't know what a browser is, that means Internet Explorer,
Chrome or Safari. It could  also mean Firefox,  etc.

Be prepared to enter the password for your OBi. The username is admin.

4. On the left, click Status -> Call History.

dial.tone

Quote from: Shale on June 06, 2013, 06:40:04 PM
To check the call history log:
. . .
4. On the left, click Status -> Call History.

Sweet -- there is a bunch of cool stuff in there!  Thanks for the tutorial.

Quote from: Shale on June 06, 2013, 08:28:33 AM

So, the "Private Caller" calls are showing up on the call history for SP1 -- which uses the SimonTelephonics/GoogleVoice setup (with ST providing caller ID name).  So I don't know if these "Private Caller" calls are getting in through GV or ST.  I think I read on here that SIP scanners can't get in through GV because of how GV works, which, if that's the case, would only leave the ST path.  When I did the Oleg setup, the AuthUserName I put in the InboundCallRoute string was "GVxxxxxxxxxx" where the x's are my GV number.  When I look in Expert Configuration, I don't see any AuthUserName associated with the ST part of the setup.  Does this help or just muddy the water?

Shale

I don't know how this Simon Telephonics + Obi  should be cured. I found http://tech.iprock.com/?p=6592 which explains the hookup somewhat. I don't know if the sip scanner hits the OBi or the Simon Telephonics (ST) unit. If its the ST unit, then the cure would have to be applied to that ST unit.

Maybe on of the other methods such as method 2 or 3 (port number or IP number) would work for you. If not, I would give up on CNAME until there was a solution.

I hope somebody else knows the cure for you.

dial.tone

Quote from: dial.tone on June 07, 2013, 05:27:08 AM
When I did the Oleg setup, the AuthUserName I put in the InboundCallRoute string was "GVxxxxxxxxxx" where the x's are my GV number.  When I look in Expert Configuration, I don't see any AuthUserName associated with the ST part of the setup.  Does this help or just muddy the water?

I just realized that the InboundCallRoute string (GVxxxxxxxxxx) I found in Expert Configuration for SP1 is the SimonTelephonics username for that GV/ST setup.  I have a different, standalone GV number coming in on SP2, so I compared its InboundCallRoute string with the one on SP1 and they are totally different.  The InboundCallRoute string on SP2 is the GV email address associated with that number.  So ST used my SP1 GV number to construct its username and Obi202 used ST's username for its InboundCallRoute.  Doesn't solve the mystery but helps clear up that point.  Actually, now that I think about it, it only deepens the mystery.  Now I know that I have properly implemented the Oleg method on the ST-configured SP1 and yet Private Caller calls are still getting through.  At least the middle-of-the-night 100/1000/1001 calls have stopped. 

Quote from: Shale on June 07, 2013, 07:25:55 AM
Maybe on of the other methods such as method 2 or 3 (port number or IP number) would work for you. If not, I would give up on CNAME until there was a solution.

At this point, that's about all I have left.  I hate to pull the plug on SimonTelephonics caller ID name service -- the 80% of the time it works it is pretty cool!  Any additional ideas would be more than welcome!

ianobi

The question here is do these calls come in via the ST servers? If so, then methods 2,3 & 4 will not work because as far as the OBi knows the calls are genuine with the correct UserAgentPort, correct ip address and correct AuthUserName.

While researching further you might try a version of method 1, combined with the oleg method such as:

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:

{(Priv@@.):},{>(GVxxxxxxxxxxx):ph}

This will block all calls with a CallerID / Peer Number of "Priv" followed by anything. Make sure you get the upper/lower cases correct for "Priv" exactly as shown in Call History > Peer Number.

If you get genuine calls with the CallerID / Peer Number "Private Caller" that you wish to receive, then this will block those, so may not be a good method for you. In that case we are out of ideas for now   ???

dial.tone

Quote from: ianobi on June 08, 2013, 07:44:13 AM
The question here is do these calls come in via the ST servers? If so, then methods 2,3 & 4 will not work because as far as the OBi knows the calls are genuine with the correct UserAgentPort, correct ip address and correct AuthUserName.

While researching further you might try a version of method 1, combined with the oleg method such as:

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:

{(Priv@@.):},{>(GVxxxxxxxxxxx):ph}

This will block all calls with a CallerID / Peer Number of "Priv" followed by anything. Make sure you get the upper/lower cases correct for "Priv" exactly as shown in Call History > Peer Number.

If you get genuine calls with the CallerID / Peer Number "Private Caller" that you wish to receive, then this will block those, so may not be a good method for you. In that case we are out of ideas for now   ???

I haven't gotten any of these Private Caller calls for a couple of days now, but it looks like some are still coming into the Obi202.  Here's why I say that.  I compared the caller ID log on my phone with the Obi Call History log on the Obi web portal.  The Obi Call History shows a bunch of calls labeled "PH1" that don't correspond to any calls we have received, nor do they correspond to any calls that show up on the phone's caller ID log.  The phone's time stamp on the Private Caller calls we were getting a few days ago DO, however, correspond with the time stamp on the Obi Call History for some of the older calls that are labeled "PH1."  So I assume (yes, I know) that the PH1-labeled calls are the calls that used to get through as Private Caller calls but are now being stopped by the Oleg settings.  At least most of them are -- I know some of them got through the first/second day after I made the Oleg change.  The biggest thing that concerns me now is that the duration of these PH1 calls, according to the Obi Call History,  is anywhere from 20 seconds to over nine minutes.  These calls never make it to our desktop phone, so what the heck are they doing on my system for nine minutes.  Do I need to be concerned?

Shale

Do the calls you are concerned with say "From PH1" or "To PH1" in the call history?

dial.tone

Quote from: Shale on June 09, 2013, 03:23:56 PM
Do the calls you are concerned with say "From PH1" or "To PH1" in the call history?

Argh, NO, imanidiot!  I had to go back and look and the "To" data on all those calls and they all had numbers associated with them. . .they looked like phone numbers. . .familiar numbers. . .I wondered why the Frisbee was getting larger, then it hit me. . .those were our OUTGOING calls.  Sorry about that!

dial.tone

Well, here we go again.  About 9 o'clock last night, the Private Caller calls started coming in again.  After about the 6th one, I went in and removed the SimonTelephonics configuration from SP1.  I'll miss the caller ID name, but I won't miss the nuisance calls.  Hopefully, GV will come up with its own caller ID name sometime soon.  My thanks to the forum for its help in trying to resolve this. 

Hortoristic

Been using this string below and haven't had scanner call in over a year - I also am able to get blank names (my work uses PBX so only the number shows when I call home).  The number is used immensely as my wife uses our home phone as a business line too.

I also forward all calls to CallCentric free NY number, so I have been getting great CNAM lookup too.

{(x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx):},{ph}

Hyrules

Well after a couples of tries, I didn't had any succes with method 4. I don't know why but my X_InboundCallRoute kept sending me to my voicemail. I tried those :

{>(1XXXXXXXXXX):ph}
{>('1XXXXXXXXXX'):ph}
{>1XXXXXXXXXX:ph}

I did try : {>('sip.fongo.com'):ph} this was working but i'm not sure it will do as asked.

1XXXXXXXXXX being my AuthUserName and my phone number at FPL.

Here is an example of my SIP Syslog server when I received a call :

Message Detail Information
DateTime:04/09/2013 16:39:26
From Host:192.168.5.X
Facility:Kernel
Severity:Informational
Message: CCTL:NewCallOn Term 1[0] ->sip.fongo.com,sip.fongo.com

Incoming call from a potential spammer

2013-09-03 22:37:45
kernel.debug
192.168.5.X 
CCTL:NewCallOn Term 1[0] ->,sip.fongo.com\n

Shale

Quote from: Hyrules on September 04, 2013, 02:10:22 PM
Well after a couples of tries, I didn't had any succes with method 4. I don't know why but my X_InboundCallRoute kept sending me to my voicemail.

You could try method 3 with System Management -> Service Providers-> ISTP Profile n SIP -> X_AccessList. Here is the string I came up with for fongo.com:

I presume you are not using a PBX or Asterisk server.

Hyrules

No PBX or Asterisk. I did Wednesday night after I received weird calls from most likely spammers. I know they were spammer because their call was not showing in the FPL logs on the website. Oddly they had a real name CALLERID and a real phone number. Before adding my X_AccessList I was changing my X_UserAgentPort to a number other than 5060 but it did happen anyway. I'm using the following ip addresses for FPL :

dial.tone

Quote from: Hortoristic on June 11, 2013, 04:51:13 PM
Been using this string below and haven't had scanner call in over a year - I also am able to get blank names (my work uses PBX so only the number shows when I call home).  The number is used immensely as my wife uses our home phone as a business line too.

I also forward all calls to CallCentric free NY number, so I have been getting great CNAM lookup too.

{(x|xx|xxx|xxxx|xxxxx|xxxxxx):},{ph}

I copied/pasted that exact string into my "Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:" back in June and haven't had a single "Private Caller" call since.  I don't know why it works, but it does.  Big thanks to Hortoristic for posting the solution that worked for me.

drgeoff

Quote from: dial.tone on September 19, 2013, 03:26:08 PM
I don't know why it works, but it does.
Calls with a CID of 1 to 6 digits get sent to nowhere.  All others ring the phone.

carl

Interestingly, i have not had a single sip scanner call for at least 6 months without having done anything. Used to be rally bad.

Mango

Did you change your router or your router's firmware, or do you use OBiTALK to configure your device?  These could account for the SIP scans being blocked.

carl

I use indeed the portal to configure the device. I do not think that it has anything to do with my router. I did not check the Obi 100, which is traveling now, but i know that my Obi 202 is not getting anything any more. Wonder whether Obihai changed something.