News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How To: Use Google Voice and OBi

Started by ShermanObi, January 26, 2011, 08:13:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gderf

If you haven't yet reset your OBi back to factory defaults, try that, and then use the OBiTALK portal to configure it for GV.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Jim.pa

I successfully integrated GV with my ObiTalk110 and ported my landline to GV.  It has been working well for a couple weeks, until  I accidentally deleted Google Chat under the list of Phones on the Setup, Phones tab of Google Voice. As a consequence I can't dial out or receive calls (though I still get VM).  For the life of me, I can't figure out how to Add Google Chat back onto the list of phones.   Can anyone tell me how?

gderf

Log into Google Voice. In the upper right hand corner of the page is a gear icon. Click there and select Settings from the drop down list. Then click on the Phones Tab. Put a check mark in the box nexy to Google chat under Forward calls to:
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

Jim.pa

I agree that would be the solution; I would do that if I could - however, once I deleted Google Chat on that screen, the whole Google Chat entry including the checkbox to activate Google Chat disappeared. So how to I get it back as a choice on the Setup page?

Rick

sdb-

Or if a "log out" "log in" cycle is not sufficient (it wasn't for me) you may need to start in gmail and first make a call using chat.  (This is in the OBi setup docs.)