News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Outgoing Skype trunk.

Started by giqcass, December 13, 2013, 05:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giqcass

I set up an outgoing Skype trunk using ippi.fr.  Today I used it for a free 80 minute call from the US to Hungary with excellent call quality.  I would recommend this service for Skype calling.  They support incoming Skype calls as well if you need that.
Long live our new ObiLords!

mrjoe

Had a look at this.

It appears you can call another Skype user from your ippi account by dialing them in the form not unlike a sip address or call someone's ippi account from Skype using a calling card type system.

Am I correct in my understanding?

giqcass

Yes you are correct about outgoing calls to Skype.  Since it's difficult to dial a Skype address from a phone I decided to add my Skype contacts as speed dials on ippi.fr for simplicity.  The calls seem to be very good.  I have not had an incoming Skype call using them but that is possible as well. 

To perform a free Skype to ippi.fr call send a chat request to skype2ippi.  Send a chat message to skype2ippi with the sip id of the ippi.fr user name or ippi number you want to call.  ippi.fr will then connect both parties for free.

Long live our new ObiLords!

mrjoe

Thank you for the explanation giqcass