News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Signed up for free trial with obivoice

Started by rrolsbe, January 10, 2014, 03:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rrolsbe

I signed up at www.obivoice.com for the free month/60 Minute trial and it seems to work quite well.  If you prepay upfront for two years, the cost is $2.50/month (inbound, 911, unlimited outbound, callid with CNAME, caller ID spoofing, threeway calling, call waiting etc..  Check it out!  There is also an Android/IPhone app that lets you make calls using Wifi with their service.

Comments Welcome
Regards, Ron

I had no problems using the website to configure my OBI device.  I successfully forwarded my Google Voice number to ObiVoice and configured Caller ID spoofing.  Everything worked, the only issue I had is outgoing calls do not show my name at the other end (due to the fact I am using caller ID spoofing).

I tried VOIP years ago over Geo Satellite and found the latency to be objectionable but it did work (Tell the OBIVoice website you are using cable/dsl and use the free trial to try it out).  The company recently changed their name from Intelfone to OBVoice but they are not hiding that fact.  It appears Intelfone has been around for awhile and the online reviews seem favorable. Since their yearly rate is $39.99, I just assumed this was the provider OBI referred to in the blog post a few weeks back.  Maybe OBI can weigh in with more information regarding the $40 yearly plan?????

gderf

Looks reasonable even for the unlimited plans.

Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

cluckercreek

I use Exede Satellite high speed internet but when signing up it says they don't support it. I already use the Obi110 with Exede and use my GV over it with great results. Is this the option that Obi was reporting on the forum?

gderf

Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

cluckercreek

Thanks for the reply. I do like the unlimited plan they are listing. I tried to sign up for the free trial but it never finished setting up the new account.

EDIT: I was having a problem with my browser. It turned out to be me and not Obivoice and now I have an account.

Jackson

Quote from: rrolsbe on January 10, 2014, 03:44:16 PM
I signed up at www.obivoice.com for the free month/60 Minute trial and it seems to work quite well.  If you prepay upfront for two years, the cost is $2.50/month (inbound, 911, unlimited outbound, callid with CNAME, caller ID spoofing, threeway calling, call waiting etc..

Not exactly, it's actually $5.50/month.
Quote$3 Taxes and fees will be assessed per user/line per month

Alright, ignore the fees I posted, I just got this reply from him, I also asked if VM pickup time was adjustable.
QuoteYes, you can change the ring time from 10 – 90 seconds in the online portal. Where are you seeing the 3/mo taxes and fees, we got rid of that. Is it still somewhere online? Thanks

It was under Terms of Service.

intelafone

Good Afternoon!

I am writing this to inform you of the new, Obivoice affiliate program.  This program will allow customers who are satisfied with our service or interested in making a little money on the side to do so by encouraging others to sign up for quality, affordable home phone service that operates through their Cable or DSL internet connection.

Our affiliate program is free to join, easy to set up, and requires no knowledge about Voice over IP systems!
When you set up an affiliate account, we provide you links that you can put on your website, forum, emails, facebook, twitter, or linkedin. Whenever anyone uses one of these banners or links to go to our website and subscribe for service, you will earn 10% of their subscription plan for as long as they are with Obivoice.

Interested? Set up an affiliate account today at https://obivoice.leaddyno.com/

If you have any questions about the Affiliate program please feel free to contact us back as we would be very happy to assist you! Have a wonderful rest of your day!
Vestalink | XMPP Shutdown and Vestalink
BYOD Home VoIP Service | Approved Obihai Provider | Free GV Number Porting

zorlac

From Obivoice just now.

Unfortunately we don't support SMS text messaging at this time.

Man, that's a real drag. :P

cluckercreek

They have been adding features. They started the phonebook with the ability to import CSV files. Saves a lot of work. I wouldn't be surprised if they eventually add SMS as a feature or an add on.

tau_ceti

No SMS? That's a deal breaker for me. Having the ability to send SMS from my computer was a big part of Google Voice. People could text me or call me using it, reaching either my cell phone or my Obihai.

cluckercreek

Quote from: tau_ceti on February 06, 2014, 05:50:37 AM
No SMS? That's a deal breaker for me. Having the ability to send SMS from my computer was a big part of Google Voice. People could text me or call me using it, reaching either my cell phone or my Obihai.

If you look at their feedback forum it shows that it is planned.

rtalcott

Did the same ported my aXvoice number as of 2-6...went for the 2 year BYOD...had some problems with the port...not sure if anyone understands BUT the ObiVoice people were GREAT...problem resolved..a GREAT way to start off!
cheap hardware...lots of it!

BigJim_McD

After a 30-day {60-min} trial, we decided to use obivoice for our VoIP Home phone service configured on a OBi202 device.  We are happy with the service, also the audio quality of the service is very good. The support at obivoice is great and they continue to add features and improvements suggested by their customers.

We forward our Google Voice Home phone number to the obivoice DID phone number in order to take advantage of the great 'Call Screening' and 'Voice Mail' service on Google Voice.  Outgoing calls from our obivoice service are configured to send our Google Voice Home phone number for Caller ID.

BigJimMcD

Orkinman

Just signed up the trial account a few days back to try out Vestalink. The on-line chat is very responsive and almost no wait time if I have any questions need help. The sign up process using their tool was easy enough. But once it's done, my SP2 no longer worked and I had to manually enter all info back to restore the SP2 service.

I tried both Vestalink (SP1) and Callcentric (SP2) on the obi100 device.

I think there is a very small delay for Vestalink but not for Callcentric. The way I tested this was I called the phone numbers given by Vestalink and Callcentric directly without going through any other forwarding methods like GV, and then let my own answer machine (sits next to me so I can hear it) to pick up the calls. I can hear the delay when I leave my messages. It is only minor delay. Otherwise, call quality from both are almost the same.

Anyone has the same experience?

DrewMan

I do notice a delay from when you finish dialing until the phone actually rings.  It is only about 3 secs, so acceptable.  Call quality seems very good.  I did have some problems with callers reporting an echo.  This was when I was forwarded inbound calls from GV.  Since I have ported to Vestalink, no issues.

I had some issues with calls not being completed (error 40x).  Once I changed the inbound and outbound proxy ports per Vestalink's support site suggestion, the problem has not occurred.

So very happy thus far. 

- Drew