News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CALL FORWARDING OF LINE PORT TO SP1 #

Started by yoryb, April 25, 2011, 04:12:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yoryb

IS IT POSSIBLE TO FORWARD INBOUND LINE PORT CALLS TO ISP1(GOOGLE VOICE)#?
I TRIED TO DO IT, BUT I GET TO MY VOICE MAIL.
THANKS.

RonR

If you call your Google Voice number through Google Voice, you will get your voicemail.  You can forward incoming PSTN calls via Google Voice, but you don't want the forwarding number to be your Google Voice number.  You want it to be your cell phone, your work number, etc.

jimates

Since I have no idea what RonR is saying I will say.

You can not forward calls to your GV number using the same GV account. The incoming caller id to GV will always be the same GV number and go straight to VM.

You will need to forward the calls using a second GV number of another SIP service.

jcgalvezv

The answer is: Yes, you can forward your line port incoming calls to Google Voice.

Now, probably you are getting GV voice mail because you are dialing your own GV phone number.

What is your Digimap and InboundCallRoute for your line port. When writing this information here please replace some phone number digits to keep your information private.

EDIT:

Well, RonR already responded your question. Sorry.

baxtr

RonR,

I had an inverse problem last night with call forwarding. I had the box checked in GV Settings -> Phones -> Forwards calls to: -> Home (landline). I received four collect calls from  Washington DC (area code 202). The automated voice was unclear, but I hung up the phone three times. Finally, on the last call I was able to discern, "press 7 to block", and this stopped the calls . My home phone number is unlisted. Although this doesn't guarantee much, I have never received a collect call so the calls must have been via the GV number. And indeed, a stray area code 202 showed up in my Voice Mail.

In GV, I unchecked the Home forward to: box and enabled, Calls -> Do Not Disturb. I haven't had any further calls, but I am beginning to question the security of GV forwarding relative to robo calls and it is unclear how to block this sort of thing.

RonR

baxtr,

Your Google Voice account maintains a Call History, so your should be able to determine where the calls came from if they didn't have CallerID blocked.  You can also have Google Voice block them in the future.  With Google Voice set to Do Not Disturb, you won't receive any incoming calls on your Google Voice number.