News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I set up Localphone as a VG for outgoing calls only

Started by jazzy, January 31, 2014, 08:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jazzy

Currently using Obi100 and using Obivoice on SP1 for incoming and outgoing calls ( free 30 day trial )
Also have SP2 setup to receive calls via an IPKall number along with Getonsip.  ( currently forwarding my GV number to my IPKall number) This current setup allows outgoing calls on SP1 via Obivoice, and also receives incoming calls through the IPKall number on SP2, as well as on the Obivoice number on SP1

Can I also set up Localphone as a VG to make outgoing calls?  The Obi 100  only has 2 SP's available.
Or asked another way, How can I set up Localphone as a VG to make outgoing calls. ( I already have a   Localphone account and it works if I set it up on SP1, but can I set it up as VG to make calls. )

drgeoff

Yes you can.  I'm currently using Localphone on a vg.  I configure my OBi110 via its local web server but you can also use the Expert Configuration pages at obihai.com.

Whichever, click on 'Voice Service(s)' then click on 'Gateways and Trunk Grps'.  Decide which vg you are going to use and tick the 'Enable' box.

The 'Name' field is just for your use so it doesn't matter what you put there.

For access number enter SP1(localphone.com).

The default digit map will work but will incur a 10 second post dialling delay.  You can speed that up with the appropriate custom entry.

AuthUserID and AuthPassword as per your personal Localphone values.

Submit that page.

Then go to your 'Physical Interfaces', 'Phone' page and in the OutboundCallRoute field add an entry which selects the vg you chose.  Simplest is something like  {(<**8:>Xx.):vg5}.  In this case dialling **8 before a number will route the call out on vg5.  Submit (and if not using Expert reboot the Obi).

jazzy

Thanks drgeoff!

I setup my Obi OBi via its local web server too. So if I set up Localphone on VG1,
I need to add an OutboundCallRoute entry in Physical Intefaces.  Would that be something like this?
{(<**8:>Xx.):vg1}.  So dialing '**8' will route the call out on VG1.  What if I wanted to send out all calls
using VG1. ( only because I do not have an extra SP to use for Local Phone outgoing calls, both would be used for incoming services)

Also how can I eliminate the the 10 sec post dialing delay?  Copy my current SP1 outgoing dialing plan?

azrobert

If the SP1 DigitMap contains everything you want sent to VG1 do this:
{(Msp1):vg1}

Or

Copy SP1 DigitMap to the VG1 DigitMap and do:
{(Mvg1):vg1}

Place one of the above rules at the beginning (left) of the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.

jazzy

Thanks azrobert!

Yes, my SP1 DigitMap contains everything I want. I'll just add {(Msp1):vg1}
to the OutboundCallRoute field and give it  test.

jazzy

Quote from: azrobert on January 31, 2014, 02:05:01 PM

Place one of the above rules at the beginning (left) of the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute.

If I don't place that rule at the beginning of the OutboundCallRoute, then calls won't  be routed
via vg1?

Is there another way to select vg1 as the primary line to call out on?

giqcass

It's either that, create a new star code, change your dial plan to sen certain calls out VG1,  or send all calls out that route by making it the primary for that phone port.

How do you want to use it?

All outbound calls through localphone.
All calls to a particular country or area code through localphone.
Select calls through localphone.
Long live our new ObiLords!

azrobert

Quote from: jazzy on February 01, 2014, 10:55:15 AM

If I don't place that rule at the beginning of the OutboundCallRoute, then calls won't  be routed
via vg1?

Is there another way to select vg1 as the primary line to call out on?

The default Primary Line for an OBi100 is SP1.
See Physical Interface -> Phone Port -> Primary Line.
The Last rule in the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute is "{(Mpli):pli}".
This rule points to the Primary Line defined in the Phone Port and is the equivalent of "{(Msp1):sp1}".
You must place {(Msp1):vg1} to the left of {(Mpli):pli} or you can delete {(Mpli):pli} and place it anywhere.

Processing of the OutboundCallRoute goes left to right and stops when a match is detected, then call is routed with the matching rule.

Edit:
Post what you want to accomplish.

drgeoff

Quote from: giqcass on February 02, 2014, 04:44:32 AM
..... or send all calls out that route by making it the primary for that phone port.
Although that would probably be the simplest method, it doesn't appear to be possible directly.  At least on my OBi110, the Physical Interfaces, Phone Port, Primary Line setting is via a drop down list which doesn't include any Voice Gateways.

It is possible to select TrunkGroup1 as the Primary Line so setting VoiceServices, Gateways and Trunk Groups, Trunk Group 1, TrunkList to vg1 (or whatever vg) presumably would work.  I have not verified that.

jazzy

Quote from: giqcass on February 02, 2014, 04:44:32 AM

How do you want to use it?

All outbound calls through localphone.
All calls to a particular country or area code through localphone.
Select calls through localphone.

Adding  {(Msp1):vg1} as the first rule for the OutboundCallRoute works, as all calls went out on vg1 (Localphone)

Now what if I want to only send particular calls out through vg1 (Localphone) based on a few area codes.
ie..1-aaa-NNN-nnnn  or even a group of specific numbers ( all US based numbers )

I don't want to press **N to access vg1 to make the call. Would like the Obi to handle it automatically.

azrobert

Change the VG1 DigitMap to something like:
(1480xxxxxxx|1602xxxxxxx|16235941000)

In OutboundCallRoute change {(Msp1):vg1} to {(Mvg1):vg1}

Area codes 480 and 602 plus number 623-594-1000 will be routed out VG1.
Everything else will be routed out SP1.