News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Forward to Skype

Started by giqcass, February 10, 2014, 07:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

giqcass

After playing with something ianobi posted I realized that the Obi can allow us to make a skype account simultaneously ring on incoming calls.   In my example we assume sp2 is set up for sip and sp1 is your inbound provider you want to simulring Skype.

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_InboundCallRoute:
{ph,sp2(skypUserName@skype.jetnumbers.com)}

I can't say how reliable this trick will be.  It needs more testing.  So far so good.  When I call my GV number all forwarding phones ring and my Skype account rings.  If I don't pick up GV Voicemail kicks in.

Here is a little more by ianobi that may be useful in combination with this.

Quote from: ianobi on February 09, 2014, 03:39:12 AM
It is possible to make this imitation call hunting a little more sophisticated. Consider an InboundCallRoute such as:

{ph,sp2(12222222222;d=5),sp2(13333333333;d=15)}

A call coming in to sp1 will ring the phone connected to the OBi. Five seconds later the call will be forked to 12222222222. Fifteen seconds later the call will be forked to 13333333333. All three endpoints will now be ringing, the first to answer takes the call. If a second call comes in while the first call is in progress, then the two free endpoints will receive ringing (after any applicable delays) and either may take the second call.

To use the Oleg Method with this example:

{>1234567:ph,sp2(12222222222;d=5),sp2(13333333333;d=15)}

Where 1234567 = Voice Services > SP1 Service > SIP Credentials > AuthUserName

Long live our new ObiLords!

azrobert

giqcass,

I finally got around to test Jetnumbers as a Skype gateway. The call quality and latency are very good. Much better than other gateways I've tried.

How did you find this free service? I don't see it on their Website.

Thanks

giqcass

I don't think they actually advertise this ability anywhere.
www.ring2me.com offers a free service to call users with a phone number plus an extension.  They promote www.jetnumbers.com.  I realized ring2me.com uses jetnumbers.com to complete the calls so I dug around the settings for jetnumbers.com and found a reference to the host skype.jetnumbers.com.  After that it was pretty easy to guess the format. lol
Long live our new ObiLords!

ianobi

giqcass,

I agree with azrobert. It seems to be a good quality free gateway. I just set up a speed dial like so:

sp2(echo123@skype.jetnumbers.com)

Excellent quality, no authentication required.

Thanks for the info!