News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

vestalink - spoofing multiple numbers?

Started by brickdance, March 05, 2014, 01:05:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brickdance

Does anyone know if it's possible for Vestalink to manage spoof multiple outgoing numbers?
i'd like to be able to call from a couple of my google voice accounts on the same vestalink account, with the calls managed by pbxes.
e.g.
so i have SP1 on my obihai
SP2 is another
each running through a different extension on PBXES that then runs through the vestalink trunk.

PBXES allows me to set the callerID for each extension but it all seems to get overwritten by Vestalink, unless i do spoofing, which overwrites both.

giqcass

This is currently unavailable to the best of my knowledge but Vestalink moves fast. You should make a feature request on Vestalink if it has not already been requested.  If it has been requested vote for the feature.
Long live our new ObiLords!

dircom

Vestalink, can manage multiple spoofed numbers
But you have to go to the website and set the Caller ID you wish (after verifying the # of course)
The Caller ID will remain what you set, until you go back to the website and change it
Just tried it by making a call to my cell phone, and CID presented was the one I just enabled on the web site.

brickdance

thanks,

for the life of me i can't figure out how to set the CNAM.   all i ever get is" '4151234567' is not allowed for CNAM"

is there some formatting i'm missing here?

the only way i got this to work so far is to use Voip.ms with sub accounts.

giqcass

You made a small error that many people make.  The terminology is often confused. They should make this more clear for the lay person.
CID is your number.
CNAM is the name you want displayed.  They don't expect numbers in this field.

Quote from: dircom on March 05, 2014, 07:02:33 AM
Vestalink, can manage multiple spoofed numbers
But you have to go to the website and set the Caller ID you wish (after verifying the # of course)
The Caller ID will remain what you set, until you go back to the website and change it
Just tried it by making a call to my cell phone, and CID presented was the one I just enabled on the web site.

dircom is correct.  I took your question to mean can multiple caller id numbers be spoofed AND selected from the phone with a dialing pattern or by sp slot.  Hopefully they will add that ability.  You can save multiple numbers but currently you must manually log in to Vestalink to switch between them which isn't very convenient.
Long live our new ObiLords!