News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Vestalink stopped working

Started by swardco, March 08, 2014, 05:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

swardco

Suddenly my Vestalink account quit working this afternoon, and I can't make it work??

Tried factory reset on the Obi100, then the Vestalink config, easy setup.  Done this a couple times, but no dice.

Anyone else having issues?

Dixon

Mine is dead too. I tried eveyrthing

Dixon

Obi portal says Register Failed: No Response From Server
Vestalink shows devices connected.

et_phone_home

Same...mine says "Register Failed: 401 Unauthorized (server=xxxxxxxxx:8891; retry in 28s)"
Pretty goddamed annoying, if you ask me. I think this has been happening randomly for a while, since  a lot of calls are being ended up in my Google voice voicemail because Obihai isn't ringing at all.

MavLink

Yep. My Vestalink connection just died too.  :-[

Was working earlier today during a short call with my wife around 3:30pm Pacific. Dead when I tried again around 4:30pm Pacific.

First few outgoing test calls resulted in "The number you dialed XXXXXXXXXX was rejected by the service provider. Error 407."

Now, outgoing calls result in [SUPER LONG PAUSE] [3 ASCENDING TONES] "The number you dialed XXXXXXXXXX has not received a response from the service provider."

Incoming test calls go to my Vestalink voice mail. (I don't forward from Google Voice anymore.)

Ugh...

I had tried the restart my router and Obi202 thing first, then came here to see if others had this issue right now. Well, guess I'm not the only one.  :-\

So what's up Vestalink? I pre-paid for the 2 year unlimited less than a month ago. Hope it's just a temporary glitch.

Dixon

This happened to me yesterday morning. I posted about it. I thought it was my error. But it wasn't apparently. I emailed support and they replied withing 90min. It was working by then. But they only have email and chat support M-F.
Can anyone email Ryan?

callhome

Yep, down here too. Unfortunately Vestalink call forwarding doesn't work so I can't send calls to my cell phone.

et_phone_home

At the beginning, I found the service pretty reliable...these days it has been flakey as all hell. I'm not sure if I want to drag these kinds of issues for 2 years.
Why does it says "Device:   OBIHAI/OBi110-1.3.0.2824
"
on my Vestalink account page? It's clearly not connected.

callhome

It would be nice for them to do a little damage control and let us know what's happening. It would go a long way in helping us keep the faith.

cluckercreek

I sent in an email to support. I guess everyone else has as well.  :-\

ceg3

I've got an error too ...... and no phone service.

Any chance all of us with issues have manually configured OBi's?

callhome

ceg3

callhome

It's back!!!!  Now a little explanation would be good.

et_phone_home

I really hope they address these downtimes, because I'm getting a bit annoyed when I see a bunch of voicemails sitting online when I know the phone never rang in the first place.

reltub

I noticed my service was down around 1930 EST and I see it is back up after about 2 hours down.
This reminds me of living in the country, when phone service would go down randomly.
At least we could see that the intelafone server was up the whole time.

I really hope this doesn't develop into a trend, I just convinced my very skeptical wife that we could save a bunch by moving to an obi device plus a voip provider...

Dixon

Ryan replied:
Our central SBC and database has crashed under sudden load. It has been scaled up to support the influx of customers right now. The service is back up and running. We will continue to monitor and auto-scale services to support the load.
Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues. Thanks

cluckercreek

Just got my update from Vestalink and give a thumbs up for updating us! ;)

Dixon

cluckercreek

Quote from: Dixon on March 08, 2014, 07:01:44 PM
Still down for me.

Don't go on what ObiTALK is reporting. My still says Register:Failed but the service is working.