News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Vestalink stopped working

Started by swardco, March 08, 2014, 05:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dixon

reltub

Quote from: reltub on March 08, 2014, 06:35:50 PM
I noticed my service was down around 1930 EST and I see it is back up after about 2 hours down.
This reminds me of living in the country, when phone service would go down randomly.
At least we could see that the intelafone server was up the whole time.

I wrote too soon. The obi device is registered with the intelafone server, but I am getting 404 error messages when trying to place outbound calls, so my service remains down.

Thanks to Dixon, who forwarded Ryan's answer.

Dixon

I'm still in contact with Ryan.
I am getting:
Retrying Register (server=54.200.193.145:5060)

ceg3

Thought I was up, but still getting 404 message when dialing.

cluckercreek

Mine was working. I came back to the forum and saw the replies and thought , what? I then checked it and same error message of 404. Hmm.

dircom

getting  "The number you dialed XXXXXXXXXX was rejected by the service provider. Error 404."
If I dial my # it just rings and rings, website does not show call

ceg3

Quote from: dircom on March 08, 2014, 07:56:02 PM
getting  "The number you dialed XXXXXXXXXX was rejected by the service provider. Error 404."
If I dial my # it just rings and rings, website does not show call
I Tweeted Intelafone about the 404's.  You might want to follow them @intelafone I asked Ryan about using Twitter to update users and he said definitely.

dircom

what about a status page on the website?
that makes more sense to me
I am not happy about this, no updates, no service
failover not working

my GV still works, perhaps it is time to investigate SipSorcery

EDIT, started wkg about 2am Sunday

reltub

Quote from: dircom on March 08, 2014, 08:16:45 PM
what about a status page on the website?
that makes more sense to me
I am not happy about this, no updates, no service
failover not working

my GV still works, perhaps it is time to investigate SipSorcery
To be fair, vestalink has responded to my email, even if the reply was a form letter.

This disruption is a headache for me because I ported my landline number over to obivoice.
So, although I can make outgoing calls through other sip providers (I use
diamondcard and localphone as fallbacks), incoming calls are a no-go.

I hope vestalink is able to get its growing pains under control.

spree502

This happened to me yesterday as well.  I had performed some recent configuration changes in Obitalk (static IP changes and Mango Dial Plans) and thought that these had caused my inability to make call/receive calls.  Vestalink website showed that I was online and connected.  Obitalk showed me as Registered.  But got the error 404 when dialing out and a busy signal when dialing in.

So I reset to default obitalk configurations and reboot.   No dice.

Then I followed the instructions here:  https://intelafone.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1425037-fixing-the-obihai-adapter-%22error-400%22

This worked for me!  Hope this helps someone else.

dircom

That refers to error 400
If their tech support wants the post to refer to error 40(0-9), then they should do so

also it refers to "when attempting to make an outbound call"
In my case it was unable to dial in or out

Dixon

Still not working with the Obi 110. Working with Bria softphone.
Register Failed: No Response From Server

Dixon

NVM. IDK how my VPN keeps getting turned on.
Edit: I know how. Start with WAN. Noob mistake from a senior admin.

reltub

Quote from: spree502 on March 09, 2014, 08:03:17 AM
Then I followed the instructions here:  https://intelafone.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1425037-fixing-the-obihai-adapter-%22error-400%22

This worked for me!  Hope this helps someone else.
My guess is that what you witnessed was a coincidence.

The support email that I received makes no mention of this work-around. And a scan of that port 8891 shows it is closed, so vestalink may be trying to be clever in allowing selective access based on ip addresses. If so, that will likely cause grief for most home connections without a static ip address.

Either way, with no changes on my end, my service was back up this morning.

simpleAnswers

Quote from: reltub on March 08, 2014, 09:01:11 PM
This disruption is a headache for me because I ported my landline number over to obivoice.
......I hope vestalink is able to get its growing pains under control.
Only got yourself to blame for that one I'm afraid.  You ported out your number to a new startup, anyone who does that can't complain if the service is down. The call forwarding worked just as well and gives everyone enough time to evaluate before porting.

I for one will never port my number to any provider until GV shuts down for good. Any new provider could varnish tomorrow or have issues, and regardless of what they say it will still be a pain to regain control of the number. Besides no operator has the infrastructure of big G.

I have Vestalink and as much as I like them I'm still looking at other GV options to see what would be permanent. I won't stop until I get a solution that uses GV for in and out calls.

Bottomline is since my number is still with GV I can bypass issues with Vestalink until they figure out what they did......

intelafone

Good evening:
Yesterday an influx of customer calls took down our database system.  
More instances were deployed and the problem was resolved around 6pm PST.  Intermittent issues calling east coast numbers continued until about 8pm PST.
All issues have been resolved.  

We have now implemented better monitoring tools and have a system status page so customers can get the information they need in case of a service disruption.  
Please visit http://status.vestalink.com for up to date system information if you experience calling trouble.
Vestalink | XMPP Shutdown and Vestalink
BYOD Home VoIP Service | Approved Obihai Provider | Free GV Number Porting

ceg3

Quote from: intelafone on March 09, 2014, 07:36:26 PM
Good evening:
Yesterday an influx of customer calls took down our database system.  
More instances were deployed and the problem was resolved around 6pm PST.  Intermittent issues calling east coast numbers continued until about 8pm PST.
All issues have been resolved.  

We have now implemented better monitoring tools and have a system status page so customers can get the information they need in case of a service disruption.  
Please visit http://status.vestalink.com for up to date system information if you experience calling trouble.

Excellent on the status page. Now, I only have to figure out what I'm looking at. ;D  There is a link to follow the status on Twitter for updates.

dircom

Yes, thanks for the page, now tell us what it means  ???

arvinp

If anybody is having the error 400 message do the following:

Go to https://www.vestalink.com/byod.php
but DON'T do the top portion about putting in your IP address since it will not work. Leave this window open since we'll need the info from the table.

open another tab or window on your browser and go to the site:
https://intelafone.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1382461-advanced-obi-configuration

follow the instructions. If the obitalk site does not list your device, reset your device by dialing ***81 and wait at least 2 mins and see if it sees your device and continue with the instructions.

Hope this helps someone. I spent a lot of time trying to make it work.

arvinp

One more thing, in the table that you see when going to the link
https://www.vestalink.com/byod.php.

The values for Service Provider Proxy Server Port should be 8891  and for

Outbound Proxy Server Port should be 8891