News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obivoice price changes.

Started by giqcass, January 25, 2014, 01:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

7Priest7

Quote from: gderf on March 05, 2014, 04:38:41 PM
Where are you getting this from?

I was just exaggerating/joking.

Quote from: 7Priest7 on March 05, 2014, 04:35:27 PM
A start-up company with a vague acceptable use policy that allows them to "demote" accounts that are paid a year in advance, what could go wrong?

Save your money, Don't buy their not-so-unlimited.
In fact, save yourselves the stress, Don't trust a deal that seems too good to be true from a company nobody has heard of.

ceg3

Quote from: 7Priest7 on March 05, 2014, 04:35:27 PM
Vestalink's Good deal will end this month?
Then they gonna be overpriced?

If you use 10 minutes of calling on the first day of service, they terminate your account for excessive usage, NO REFUND!

A start-up company with a vague acceptable use policy that allows them to "demote" accounts that are paid a year in advance, what could go wrong?

Save your money, Don't buy their not-so-unlimited.
In fact, save yourselves the stress, Don't trust a deal that seems too good to be true from a company nobody has heard of.
Using the forum just to exaggerate and pontificate about a good service is a disservice. There are too many users with good experience with the service to take these comments seriously.

Rob_Over_IP

Quote from: intelafone on February 26, 2014, 11:41:49 AM
Hello,

The Fair Use Policy, as has been mentioned, is to protect against business usage of accounts that are optimized for residential usage. Unfortunately we have to flag some accounts that are exhibiting commercial usage of the service so that we do not have to raise the subscription rates of our entire customer base. We don't want once customers overpaying to cover the extreme usage of another.

The Fair Use Policy doesn't have any specific constraints because that would defeat the purpose of an Unlimited plan. What generally gets accounts flagged for business usage is a high daily average of about six hours a day and with relatively short average time on calls. If this remains consistent over a period of time(week days, usually) then it is apparent that the account is being used for commercial purposes.

It's never fun to impose restrictions on accounts and it won't be made a habit. The purpose of the Fair Use Polciy isn't to mislead our customers but instead to protect the majority of our customers from rising rates to cover someone else's costs.

According to my call log, my household has never came anywhere close to 6 hours a day, and I was flagged. At most, I only used about 80 minutes in a single day, including incoming and outgoing. Otherwise, on average, including incoming and outgoing, it looks like my household only uses about 20-30 minutes a day, if that. There's other days, like 2 days ago, where the phone was not even touched.

Only thing I can think of is I did have about 60 minute conversation on said 80 minute day, which might be considered abuse. I do not know. That, or I did initially sign up for 500 minute plan, only to cancel it, and sign up for the unlimited plan. Maybe there was confusion in the system, and you were looking at my first plan? I do not know.

Some help would be really nice.

KAura

I don't want to poke fun at or be insensitive in any way...

but it's just as easy for the elderly (usually women) to plow
through minutes, more so than a business talking about
followup, i.e. website changes that need to be made, etc.

SO, hypothetically, here is the situation -- all inbound calls
are forwarded to a landline #.  Since I only have local out,
I would be using my local Obi # to connect to the AA so I
could then dial outbound without incurring long distance
charges.

Since most calls are inbound, and VERY little time is actually
spent on the phone... The phone would be used to discuss
business related topics, i.e. website design, article writing,
etc., but the overall time on the phone would probably be
less than 2 hours per day (6 day work week).

I know women (no offense) that all they do is talk hours on
end everyday.  How is the residential rate justified as the so
classified "business usage" is way far less than the above
mentioned residential use.

KAura

I also understand that the Obi can used to bridge two calls
and then the Obi can drop from the call and the bridged calls
will remain connected...

Do the bridged call minutes [after the Obi drops] count against
usage?  How does this work for someone who only has local
calling and no long distance?

gthai

Quote from: Rob_Over_IP on March 07, 2014, 06:31:11 PM
Quote from: intelafone on February 26, 2014, 11:41:49 AM
Hello,

The Fair Use Policy, as has been mentioned, is to protect against business usage of accounts that are optimized for residential usage. Unfortunately we have to flag some accounts that are exhibiting commercial usage of the service so that we do not have to raise the subscription rates of our entire customer base. We don't want once customers overpaying to cover the extreme usage of another.

The Fair Use Policy doesn't have any specific constraints because that would defeat the purpose of an Unlimited plan. What generally gets accounts flagged for business usage is a high daily average of about six hours a day and with relatively short average time on calls. If this remains consistent over a period of time(week days, usually) then it is apparent that the account is being used for commercial purposes.

It's never fun to impose restrictions on accounts and it won't be made a habit. The purpose of the Fair Use Polciy isn't to mislead our customers but instead to protect the majority of our customers from rising rates to cover someone else's costs.

According to my call log, my household has never came anywhere close to 6 hours a day, and I was flagged. At most, I only used about 80 minutes in a single day, including incoming and outgoing. Otherwise, on average, including incoming and outgoing, it looks like my household only uses about 20-30 minutes a day, if that. There's other days, like 2 days ago, where the phone was not even touched.

Only thing I can think of is I did have about 60 minute conversation on said 80 minute day, which might be considered abuse. I do not know. That, or I did initially sign up for 500 minute plan, only to cancel it, and sign up for the unlimited plan. Maybe there was confusion in the system, and you were looking at my first plan? I do not know.

Some help would be really nice.

I am in the same situation like you, so I cancelled my service and they are nice to refund the money ASAP; I believe they bought a block of minutes and reselling them, i.e. they don't own their own hardware, and it is understandable they in to make money. But this brought up other issue in the event the network server of intelafone has problem, they will not be able to repair it quickly. I finally signup with VOIPO and very happy with them, the SIP adapter is included and comes preconfigured and truly plug and play, so far I like it. The cost is around $6.21 per month.

Ansextra

I've had VOIPo since November of last year and love them.  Support is fantastic!  I can also send and receive SMS with them which is a big plus for me since I use the line for work and only have to give out one number.  It's not native SMS but it works just fine.