News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBiTALK Approved Service Provider Program

Started by Marketing, February 11, 2014, 03:58:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Usetheforceobiwan

BigJim_McD

I'm happy with the price, the service, support and quality of the calls provided by Vestalink

The OBiTALK "Generic Service Provider" option was used to configure the OBi202 for Vestalink on SP1.  OBiTALK "OBi Expert Configuration" was used to modify the SP1 configuration for Vestalink.  The most beneficial change to me was to disabled Call Waiting on "PH1", then enabled "Call Forwarding Busy Line" to Ring "ph2(#)". 

Next, OBiTALK was used to configure SP3 and SP4 for "voip.ms.  The  voip.ms service is used for "Failover Call Forwarding" and for "Extensions" on my old OBi100 and OBi110.  I use the older OBi devices as Lab or Test devices to check out various VoIP services.

OBiTALK - OBi Dashboard
SP1  Home Ph1 sp1 Vestalink      Registered
SP2 
SP3  Home Ph2 sp3 voip.ms Main   Registered
SP4  vOFc Ph2 sp4 voip.ms x1024   Registered
BigJimMcD

QBZappy

@BigJim_McD

Interesting setup.

At the same time you unofficially introduced Vestalink into the "OBiTALK Approved Service Provider Program". If we say it often enough maybe they will eventually be listed.  In any case I think it is safe to say that they are "officially" one of the more popular choices of the people participating on this forum. :)
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

LeoKing

I didn't know OBiVoice had changed the name to Vestalink till I read BigJim's post and checked the site this morning.

ceg3

Quote from: QBZappy on March 04, 2014, 10:05:03 AM
@BigJim_McD

Interesting setup.

At the same time you unofficially introduced Vestalink into the "OBiTALK Approved Service Provider Program". If we say it often enough maybe they will eventually be listed.  In any case I think it is safe to say that they are "officially" one of the more popular choices of the people participating on this forum. :)
I do think this will happen.  I suggested to them that the name change was necessary to make them more dissimilar to the name Obihai before they could be listed as an approved provider.  I was told that was pretty much the reason for the name change.

cluckercreek

I posted on the forum several times that I couldn't be happier with Obivoice, I mean VestaLink ;)!!  They were really responsive to my questions and I have had great call quality with them. Thumbs up to 'em.

AlanB

FYI, I started a new topic that has some findings about the actual Anveo for ObiTalk plan.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7391.0

Coasting

I can't remove Vestalink from OBi110. It reappears by auto-filling all the fields when I attempt to add a different provider.

Using the web portal, I manually placed Vestalink in the sp2 position.  Later it replicated itself into the sp1 slot and removed Callcentric in the process.

How do I stop this?

drgeoff

Quote from: Coasting on March 08, 2014, 09:29:04 PM
I can't remove Vestalink from OBi110. It reappears by auto-filling all the fields when I attempt to add a different provider.

Using the web portal, I manually placed Vestalink in the sp2 position.  Later it replicated itself into the sp1 slot and removed Callcentric in the process.

How do I stop this?

Possibly by being aware of http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.0

Coasting

Marketing

Phone Power has been added as an OBiTALK Approved Service provider.

There are two offers available:
1. OBi Lite:  $34.99/year
2. OBi Unlimited: $59.99/year

CLICK HERE to see and sign-up for Phone Power service. Log-in required.

Phone Power, one of the largest VoIP providers in North America, is pleased to offer an exclusive promotion to Obihai customers. With live US-based support 7 days a week, a fault-tolerant geo-redundant network, and consistently high marks for Customer Service, Phone Power was awarded #30 by INC Magazine for the Fastest Growing Companies in America. All customers receive our crystal clear digital sound quality, advanced call forwarding and call blocking, voicemail, voicemail-to-email, and a host of other features.

Thank you!

Johnny

Looks like a very nice offer even though I haven't heard much about this company before.

Couple quick questions.

Can you port a number to this provider?

Where on their web site does it show any available DID's?

Has anyone heard much about this company before?  Reliability, quality, experience in this field?

At first glance it doesn't look too bad.

Another player,  very nice...................

AlanB

I had a neighbor who used them and was very happy with the service.

AlanB

Quote from: AlanB on March 15, 2014, 07:53:29 PM
I had a neighbor who used them and was very happy with the service.
I take that back. My neighbor had BroadVoice before they were bought by PhonePower. They were going to sign up again last year but their ATA was dead so I convinced them to get an Obi instead.

N7AS

IMPORTANT:
With PhonePower, can we manually config our devices instead of auto provisioning?
Grant N7AS
Prescott Valley, AZ
https://www.n7as.com

A journeyman electrician sent his apprentice with a 5-gallon bucket and was told to put the ends of the service drop in the bucket and fill it with volts. He was there all day.

donport

Quote from: Marketing on March 15, 2014, 04:26:00 PM

Phone Power, one of the largest VoIP providers in North America, is pleased to offer an exclusive promotion to Obihai customers.

Promotion? Is this a one time deal that renews at a different price after the "promotion"? I would not want any surprises, and their website lists completely different offers. I see no prices actually for BYOD.

bgeery

Obihai needs to stop their approved providers from using deceptive advertizing terms like "unlimited" when it's not.  "Unlimited" means 5000 minutes on Phone Power's other plans.  Is unlimited here also limited to 5000 minutes, or perhaps even less?

carl

Quote from: bgeery on March 16, 2014, 04:59:03 PM
Obihai needs to stop their approved providers from using deceptive advertizing terms like "unlimited" when it's not.  "Unlimited" means 5000 minutes on Phone Power's other plans.  Is unlimited here also limited to 5000 minutes, or perhaps even less?
There is no such thing as truly unlimited with discount providers. As long as the government allows it, this type of misleading advertisement will be commonplace and even good guys will be forced to use it ( or see the 80% moving to the unscrupulous)

Felix

I've had PhonePower for about 3 years now, and I also have their SIP Trunking plan for almost a year. Here is my review on DSLR: http://www.dslreports.com/comment/3039/83215
In summary, I like them from technology perspective; was annoyed by their add-on fees. But since they say "$60 with no hidden fees" - they would be my first choice!

Marty.ba.calif.usa

I looked all over PhonePower's website, and decided against trying it.  A lot of t he features I want are either not available, or cost extra.  Incoming callerID name is not available.  I believe the IVR capabilities cost extra.  I don't remember what else, but I wasn't impressed, and thought Vestalink was a better deal.

That said, I think Anveo's normal non-obi approved plan is the one I like best, so far.  I signed up for the $2/month unlimited incoming + $.80/month E911 service, no setup fees or commitment.  So far, my $10 initial funding is mostly still there. :-)  Their website is maddening to me, but I'm starting to get used to it.  I think if I keep them, I'll set shortcuts for the pages I mostly use.

Anveo has good prices on outgoing calls, and with 6 second increments, a short call doesn't even cost a full penny.  Canada is only .5 cents/minute, and China, which my wife calls is mostly 1.5 cents/minute, less that our calling card.  Plus they have Fax in and out, no fax machine needed.  You can upload fax bodies, fill out the header online, and incoming goes to email.