News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

SiP Fallback

Started by arvind1971, April 28, 2011, 07:37:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arvind1971

How about supporting falling back on  sp2 if call through sp1 fails and vice versa.

RonR

It's not exactly fallback, but you can use Trunk Groups to allow calls to use more than one service.

There's a predefined Turnk Group 1 that groups SP1 and SP2.  If all of SP1's sessions are in use, SP2 will be used (assuming it's not exhausted also).

yhfung

I guess the correct word should be "failover" since it have been widely used in Asterisk server.

YH
Hong Kong and China OBi Users Group
www.telecom-cafe.com

ShermanObi

Please see page 52 of the OBi Device Administrative Guide for details on SIP server fallback (to secondary, tertiary, etc.) and subsequent resumption to primary.

lhm.

X_SecondaryRegistration is YES.
X_ProxyServerRedundancy is YES.

With the above and GV SP1 (primary) and Sipsorcery SP2, will Obi fallback to Sipsorcery on SP2 if GV is down/unavailable?

plugger2

Quote from: lhm. on May 03, 2011, 09:19:03 AM
With the above and GV SP1 (primary) and Sipsorcery SP2, will Obi fallback to Sipsorcery on SP2 if GV is down/unavailable?

No, different concept entirely. This is just a method of finding alternative SIPs servers for the same ITSP (if they exist). What you are talking about is service failure for an ITSP falling over to another ITSP.

I have already requested a generalised version of this described as "deep" hunting for a trunk group.

The idea is to use a trunk group hunt to test for service availability, rather than merely OBi1x0 resources availability (i.e., what might be contrasted as "shallow" hunting).

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=420.0

I didn't get much response to this post, though. Perhaps SIP fallback is a better way of describing it, being more familiar in the Asterisk context (although in a generalised form, what I was describing would include both SIP and non-SIP services).

lhm.

@plugger2

Thanks for the informative response.

I now have what I wanted by doing the following: Phyisical Interfaces> Phone Port> PrimaryLine> Trunk Group 1