News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Approved Service Providers

Started by psuPete, April 07, 2014, 11:51:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

psuPete

Going to web page:

https://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/services/itsp?i=anveo&d=1063176

and then clicking on the button Signup at Anveo.com!

produces the dianostic

AN SP IS NOT SELECTED

Why do I want to select an SP in order to signup?  Ditto for phonepower.

Going directly to the phonepower site requires a login w/o any way of getting an account.  Apparently you must first place an order to get an account (at least I was told that by the online chat operator).

The phonepower site does not list the OBiHAI plan.  Again, I was told by the chat operator that it was only available to OBiHAI customers presumably by clicking n the SIGUPP AT PHONEPOWER.COM! (and possibly causing a config change)

It is not clear that once you signup (if you are able to via obitalk, how long the plan continues at the stated rate (only 1 year? continuing?).

Pete

gderf

What is happening via that link is auto-configuration of your OBi for the service plan offered via that link.
Help me OBiHai PhoneOBi. You're my only hope.

psuPete

From my view, I am unable to get an OBiHAI-sponsored (discounted) account first on the ASP and then oder service and migrate at my convenience?

I guess I'm missing something very basic about this process.

Pete

giqcass

The auto provisioning allows less customer support tickets and cheaper prices.  They don't give you account credentials for either service but their is a way to get them from phonepower after you sign up.
Long live our new ObiLords!

psuPete

I did not find the "glossy" ASP material on the OBi webpages sufficient; thus going to ASP (ITSP) web sites.

Actually, I already have an ITSP provider (Callcentric) with a free DID and probably continue as-is with them.  Though a little pricey for pay-as-you-go, my needs are simple.  Fortunately the PAYG are rollover, at least in one sense since there is no monthly subscription fee.

Time will tell.